View Poll Results: How often do you actually use the dialer?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very rarely, Only to store numbers

13 20.97%
  • Sometimes, ocasionally I call someone not in my call log.

41 66.13%
  • I always use the dialer, I dont like technology

7 11.29%
  • Never

5 8.06%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronB1979 View Post
    If you install this patch with Quick Install, can you uninstall it with Quick Install as well.
    Yes. And as it gets installed in WebOS-Internals format, you can also uninstall via Preware.

Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    Just fyi, that page is pretty out of date. WebOS-Internals now uses their own patching format, separate from Quilt

I've also posted this quick how-to here: How To: Install .patch files with WOSQI
    Merged threads and changed name to match content.

- Craig
    Would someone make this patch compatible with Preware and webOS Quick Install?

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Yes. And as it gets installed in WebOS-Internals format, you can also uninstall via Preware.

Just fyi, that page is pretty out of date. WebOS-Internals now uses their own patching format, separate from Quilt

I've also posted this quick how-to here: [url= To: Install .patch files with WOSQI [/url]
    Actually it is not that far out of date. I followed for the first time two weeks ago to get three of my patchs added to Preware. Once your patch has been committed to the repository you send the dev of Preware an email and they package it up for use in Preware and WebOS Quick Instal. It is actually pretty easy to do.

I guess the piece I am missing is the process for getting added to WebOS Quick Install. If you could provide me some quidance on this that would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

I've also posted this quick how-to here: How To: Install .patch files with WOSQI
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    Actually it is not that far out of date. I followed for the first time two weeks ago to get three of my patchs added to Preware. Once your patch has been committed to the repository you send the dev of Preware an email and they package it up for use in Preware and WebOS Quick Instal. It is actually pretty easy to do.

I guess the piece I am missing is the process for getting added to WebOS Quick Install. If you could provide me some quidance on this that would be great.

The "applying" part is a little out of date but the "creating" part is not.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    Here you go! Just unzip and apply using Quick Install.

Tested with webOS 1.2.1 and Quick Install 2.72
    Would you submit your Make Call List Default Screen Instead of Dialpad patch to the webOS-patches feed:
    dBsooner's webOS-Patches Submission Form

Thanks,

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Would you submit your Make Call List Default Screen Instead of Dialpad patch to the webOS-patches feed:
    dBsooner's webOS-Patches Submission Form

Thanks,

- Craig
    Strange... I just submitted it probably the same time you posted this. Look for it soon!
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    At first I liked this patch, but in practice, there is one annoying side-effect, but it's not the fault of the patch developer. When you are in Recent Call List view, the speed dial keys don't work. Ugghhh... So, with the patch, if I open the phone app to make a call, the speed dial key doesn't work. I know I should just use the speed dial key WITHOUT opening the phone app, but sometimes I just automatically open the phone app when I want to call someone.

Does anyone have any idea why Palm chose to disable speed-dials when in Recent Call List view? Makes no sense. In fact, typing on the keyboard does nothing when in Recent Call List view.
    Can we get this added to to preware please.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrognome View Post
    Can we get this added to to preware please.
    Haha did you not notice how old this post was! lol

No really this patch is down and out it seems! some of the better devs have worked on getting this working again since 1.3.1, Still no go!

RIP open to call log
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12