Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Is there a way to have a sentence in an email or on a webpage that contains any of the following to become a link that you can click or orange-click to select for addition to your calendar on that date:

7-17-09
    7/17/09
    07/17/09
    07/17/2009
    Wednesday, January 14, 2006
    2:30 PM Wednesday, January 14th.

I know there are a lot of variables to deal with but for the most part, they are unique to date or date/time use.

Ideally, you would be able to click the link and a window would pop up in the background while you select the text to enter into the calendar event.

the idea seems a little less reasonable the more I think of it :-(

Anybody think it's possible? I can put a small bounty on it if it is difficult.
    definitely an AWESOME idea
    It would most likely be possible for the web browser and messaging, since they already rewrite phone numbers and email addresses to clickable links. However, I don't think it would be possible to get this functionality globally.
    don't forget abbreviations. Eg - wed 330-5
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    It would most likely be possible for the web browser and messaging, since they already rewrite phone numbers and email addresses to clickable links. However, I don't think it would be possible to get this functionality globally.
    true but email is largely where its needed anyway. Think about all those emails that say meeting Time Place or Party Time Place etc