1.    #1  
    who is still using quilt? i am because i like the ability to quickly add 20+ patches and just as easily remove them.

with preware, is there a way to remove all patches for a webos update, then reinstall all of them? w/o searching thru all the options and picking each patch all over again?

if there is, i might have to switch to preware only
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I use to use Quilt, but recently switched to Preware. I believe Preware has a patch called Emergency Patch Recovery, which is supposedly will remove all of the patches.

I only used it to remove the old Virtual Keyboard patch, and have not used it to remove all of the patches for the WebOS upgrade.

Since I only have a handfull of patches, this isn't a big issue for me.
    I don't use quilt anymore, too many problems. Yes you xan remove all patches with peeware, just "install" the emergency patch recovery patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Preware makes seeing an update to a patch easy. Plus you can see more details of the patch like screenshots, description, maintainer email link etc...

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  5.    #5  
    right, but when I remove all the patches for a webos update, re applying them is a lengthy process rather than push -a
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
    right, but when I remove all the patches for a webos update, re applying them is a lengthy process rather than push -a
    yes, but after a webos update it is more than likely the push -a will fail as most patches will need to be updated. You will still have to re import all the updated ones.

Plus who knows maybe in the future there will be easier mass installation integrated into preware

And for now it wouldn't be hard to write a script to save the package names that EPR removes and then reinstall all the packages afterwards.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate