Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hi,
    since some tweaks seem to work for others but not for me, I wonder if WOSQI works WebOS version dependent or the tweaks do. AFAICS the american customers run 1.21 or 1.22 while european customers (like me) run version 1.13. Might that make a difference in function, too?
    Greetings from Berlin, Germany
    Alex
    Do not want to spoil the fun too much, but the following patches out of the ones i dared to test did not work on my german O2 1.1.3 pre, although being listed as working:
    Sound Toggle - Green (Camera) - i assume grey wouldn't work, either
    Enable Add/Delete Pages
    Unhide Dev Mode Icon
    Disable Charging Alert Sound
    Battery Icon and Percent

All of them installed fine, but did not do what they promised...

working:
    more standby times, reduce screen brightness, enable hidden (analog) clock

The others i did not test...

Disregard this message, all the patches worked fine after resetting the device...
    Last edited by dl1ely; 10/22/2009 at 01:29 AM.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    @dl1ely Seams you have a strange one. At least two of your Patches are working fine for me.

Did you restarted your device? Those Patches only worked for me after switching off the phone.
  4. OrR
    They should work after restarting the GUI with orange + Sym + R.
    You guys are absolutely right, they all work like a charm after resetting the device. As other patches worked without resetting, i was lured into thinking resetting is not necessary. Orange+Sym+R is a nice catch, also...

Thank you very much.
    Stefan
    Quote Originally Posted by OrR View Post
    Installs but doesn't do what it's supposed to
    Show Wifi SSID
    That works fine for me =) What is the problem you having with it?
    does anyone tested the "browser" patch to add de "go on top of the page" patch ?
    Goodevening! This is my first post after 3 days of Pre owner and 3 days of deeply reading of forum!
    I'm testing all the patches, working and not!
    I hope to a fix for Virtual Keys because I guess is very usefull! I live in Italy and not used to the qwertz keyboard
    Quote Originally Posted by pirre View Post
    Goodevening! This is my first post after 3 days of Pre owner and 3 days of deeply reading of forum!
    I'm testing all the patches, working and not!
    I hope to a fix for Virtual Keys because I guess is very usefull! I live in Italy and not used to the qwertz keyboard
    Have you seen the WebOS Internals Meta-Doctor for changing the logical mapping of your keyboard?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Thanks Rod! I've seen it and done it!
    I wait, however, for the virtual keys!
  11. OrR
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    That works fine for me =) What is the problem you having with it?
    I was probably wrong because I thought it was supposed to replace the network name but I later read that it only does that when there is no network. If you say it works on your 1.1.3 Pre, then I guess it does.
    There is a version of the Package Manager Service in alpha testing which sets up the webos-patches feed to automatically select the patches which match the currently-running webOS version.

Please join the #webos-internals IRC channel and make yourself known if you wish to alpha test it.

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=webos-internals

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Nice.

Btw the "hide music player" patch is installing but does not doeing anything.
    We have 77 open source patches already ported to 1.3.1 too, so they should be ready for hopefully the next webOS version for the GSM Pre.

Mine arrives hopefully this week sometime ...

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There is a version of the Package Manager Service in alpha testing which sets up the webos-patches feed to automatically select the patches which match the currently-running webOS version.

Please join the #webos-internals IRC channel and make yourself known if you wish to alpha test it.

freenode Web IRC (qwebirc)

-- Rod
    Just to let everyone know the above test version is now finished & live, so only 1.1.3 patches show up in PreWare if you are running 1.1.3
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Just to let everyone know the above test version is now finished & live, so only 1.1.3 patches show up in PreWare if you are running 1.1.3
    Nice, but how do I get this? I have Preware 0.9.5 installed with no Availible Package Updates.
    hmmm i just noticed that the 4x4 icons patch v1 and heptic feedback on phone app do work when i install with QuickInstall ver 2.53
    HP Veer
    Remastered II Theme
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    Nice, but how do I get this? I have Preware 0.9.5 installed with no Availible Package Updates.
    If you are right up to date, you should have Package Manager Service 0.9.16 loaded. That is the key item.

If your PMS is an earlier version, and you are not being prompted to update when you do a "update feeds", you need to visit the PreWare thread and ask for help as your PMS may not be installed correctly?

Preware 0.9.5 is the latest at the time of posting.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    I have 0.9.16 installed. But when I go to patches it still shows me all 100 and not only the 1.1.3 ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    I have 0.9.16 installed. But when I go to patches it still shows me all 100 and not only the 1.1.3 ones.
    Have you updated your feeds?

-- Rod
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast