Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just got my pre, and it synched my google contacts. I can't find anywhere where it retained the groups that I created. There has to be a way to group contacts, but I can't find it. Can someone please point me in the right direction? When I need to send a text out to a bunch of people or something am I really supposed to always go through and pick each individual contact?

Thanks,
    Steve
    Is it possible to create a patch so we can create a group contact to send the same SMS to multiple people?
    Is it possible to make a patch to group contacts so we can send mass text messages. I use the mass text a lot at work.
    pretty pretty please!

will throw $5 to developer. I need to be able to send text to my district with daily updates ect, ect..
    Last edited by TMed_ATL; 10/25/2009 at 05:41 PM.
    SCK Manager
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    +1 Yet another example of a basic feature that I had on my first phone 8 years ago that was noticeably absent from my Instinct, and now my Pre. Would love to see someone implement this.
    Agreed! A mass text option would be very helpful! Or being able to text an entire group of contacts all at once would be really useful!
    bump
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TMed_ATL View Post
    pretty pretty please!

will throw $5 to developer. I need to be able to send text to my district with daily updates ect, ect..
    Create a group in Gmail and send the texts via email. You will only have to create the group once but you will be able to group text from then on (this is using the normal version of gmail, not the webOS one).

This would have to modify the messaging application as well as the contacts one.

I'd be willing to try this at a later time, but I'm currently too busy.
    that would b great for group contacts!!! That's the thing I miss the most from my treo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibfib View Post
    Create a group in Gmail and send the texts via email. You will only have to create the group once but you will be able to group text from then on (this is using the normal version of gmail, not the webOS one).

This would have to modify the messaging application as well as the contacts one.

I'd be willing to try this at a later time, but I'm currently too busy.
    if you do this via gmail, wouldn't you have to use their mobile phone number address??? For example, (555) 555-5555@messaging.sprintpcs.com???
    just wondering cuz I didn't kno you can send texts via email with just the phone number...
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hu5t13man View Post
    if you do this via gmail, wouldn't you have to use their mobile phone number address??? For example, (555) 555-5555@messaging.sprintpcs.com???
    just wondering cuz I didn't kno you can send texts via email with just the phone number...
    Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibfib View Post
    Yep.
    wit that being said, you wouldn't happen to have each mobile address to the phone carriers would you?? That is something I would like to try it out in google...?? Would anyone happen to have them????
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hu5t13man View Post
    wit that being said, you wouldn't happen to have each mobile address to the phone carriers would you?? That is something I would like to try it out in google...?? Would anyone happen to have them????
    This should work for the major carriers:

Sprint: 4443332222@messaging.sprintpcs.com
    Verizon: 4443332222@vtext.com
    T-Mobile: 4443332222@tmomail.net
    AT&T: 4443332222@txt.att.net
    Nextel: 4443332222@messaging.nextel.com

Hope this helps you.
    oh yea, that helps out a lot!! THX
    Hi, dont you think it is really anoying if you have something like 100+ Contact (and if you use the Messenger Plugin, u'd probably have) that they are all just listet alphabeticly? would it be much smarter to put them into Groups (hello palm, google already does that) so that you could just click on a group and the contacts unfold.

The second thing i noticed is, that the birthdays that you enter in your google contacts (by pc on https://www.google.com/contacts) are not displayed in the pre.

Just two little things that should really get fixed, because every other phone (Windows or iPhone) already does that
    I'd love a patch that allows you to group you contacts into categories, with a common ringtone, etc. I really miss that functionality from my Centro. Thanks in advance.

--MGb
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Have you tried "txt group" app it's cool. Give it a shot
    +99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
    launchpoint will allow you to make groups and then create a launcher. It works good.
    <<Merged multiple request threads>>

Would you want this to work like Android does using your Gmail groups you already have? That way you can do your grouping on your phone or from your computer.

- Craig
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast