1.    #1  
    So you receive a text message from a friend that was sent to a group.
    • Primary Goal: I would like to be able to "Reply to All" of them.

• Secondary Goal: I would also like to see who the recipients were on the original message you received.

Possible?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    e mail

Actually I would like this option as well. Is this capability on other platforms?
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    I don't think this is directly available as SMS is a one-to-one message. If you send off the same message to five people, you actually send five separate and completely independent messages. I think something has to sit in between to manage the group functionality:

A look at eight multi-person SMS services
  4.    #4  
    I realize the reply would send multiple texts. But atleast everyone would get your reply, not just the original sender. I know email would be the preferred path todo this, but if the original sender uses sms, I can't change it. And you can't tell who received the original sms, so you can't use email to reply to all.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    It may be that there is data included somehow. On my old Treo 750 on AT&T, I could go into "Message Properties" when I got an MMS and it would show me who a bulk message was sent to.

Now that I write this, I remember that it didn't seem to work for SMS. I wonder if there is a fundamental difference between SMS and MMS?