Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Is there a way to hide the quick launch bar that stays on the screen? We have the ability to swipe it up from the gesture area, so what does it remain on the sreen?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    If you are asking that it be hidden except when the launcher is visible this is possible by altering a line or two in the launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $file$. $Look$ $for$ $the$ $lines$ $that$ $have$ $showQuickLaunch$ $in$ $it$. $It$ $will$ $have$ ($true$) $or$ ($false$) $to$ $the$ $right$ $of$ $it$. $I$ $don$'$t$ $remember$ $which$ $one$($s$) $will$ $hide$ $it$ $when$ $the$ $launcher$ $isn$'$t$ $visible$. $I$ $messed$ $around$ $with$ $them$ $trying$ $to$ $hide$ $it$ $completely$ $way$ $back$ $when$ $but$ $only$ $got$ $it$ $to$ $remove$ $it$ $when$ $the$ $launcher$ $isn$'$t$ $visible$.
    make it transparent
    That is an option too if you don't want it visible at all however don't forget it is transparent because it is still there and any taps will open the icons on it or if none won't open the apps who's icons are behind it but it is a good work around if all you want to do is not see it. Personally I prefer the 5 icons per row patch and then make my pages with 20 icons each and the quick launch looks like a 5th row.
    I always thought of having different icons in the quicklauncher that shows inthe card view screen and the one we pull up from gesture area. Is that even possible to have? Or maybe have the current programme cards running to change between them faster and easier, kinda like the alt + tab feature on the PC. That would be cool
    HP Veer
    Remastered II Theme
    Or what about hidding the quick launch bar when you go to the launcher screen? You can click the launcher icon then brings up the other apps but doesnt show the launcher but you can drag the launcher up if need be ... (just a thought)
    Quote Originally Posted by jblake1030 View Post
    Or what about hidding the quick launch bar when you go to the launcher screen? You can click the launcher icon then brings up the other apps but doesnt show the launcher but you can drag the launcher up if need be ... (just a thought)
    That is where the making it look like it isn't there thing in a previous post comes in. I know a number of us tried to use the built in function to hide the quick launch when the launcher is up but i think by design it can't be hidden when it is up because it is required to not be hidden to change the apps on it. Perhaps those of us who were trying to programmaticaly hide it don't know the exact thing to do to make that happen. But it is my opinion that I think there may be something else overriding any attempt to code it to hide when launcher is up.
    [url]http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-development/210838-how-remove-quick-launcher.html[url]
    Quote Originally Posted by jateelover View Post
    [url]http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-development/210838-how-remove-quick-launcher.html[url]
    Interesting I never thought to try that. I always figured that the change made there was just resizing the launcher not actually changing the quick launch bar.