Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dic Doc View Post
    With LED notification patch and MyNotifications, I now have sound and LED alerts working. But I'm making a new post about other problems I have....
    I'm glad it is working for you now. Hopefully the other problems are minor. I'm about 4 days back on new threads so I'll probably be to the newest threads soon. I'll try and help where I can if someone hasn't solved the stuff for you before I get it the thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    What's the point of MyNotifications?
    It was the first way for users to be able to customize their sounds. The patch came much later. Now people have the choice of how they want to customize the sounds. MyNotifications isn't obsolete for the reason I give to the quote below this.

    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    after removing the notifications patch is there a way for me to restore the factory notification sound???
    Install the MyNotifications app and choose the restore defaults option in the menu. This will return the device to use the default tones.
  2. #22  
    i have the same problem with the notifications, but what i have notice is that the tone wont play if i have a conversation card open and active for Mr. X and then i receive a new message from Mr. X and then i dont get the tone to play. what i have been doing is to either close the active card or zoom out from that card ( i dont know how to call it, where you can see multiple cards).

    i also have multiple card per conversation, im not sure if this is what is causing the problem or if in the code for the SMS tone there is a bug where it thinks that there should not be a tone playing since the card is active.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by meceres View Post
    i have the same problem with the notifications, but what i have notice is that the tone wont play if i have a conversation card open and active for Mr. X and then i receive a new message from Mr. X and then i dont get the tone to play. what i have been doing is to either close the active card or zoom out from that card ( i dont know how to call it, where you can see multiple cards).

    i also have multiple card per conversation, im not sure if this is what is causing the problem or if in the code for the SMS tone there is a bug where it thinks that there should not be a tone playing since the card is active.
    If the conversation is open and the card active and the patches aren't present does the notification play? If not then it isn't the patches causing it. I don't even recall if they are supposed to play when the conversation is open and card is active. Someone will need to confirm that if it is supposed to do that or not as well.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    If the conversation is open and the card active and the patches aren't present does the notification play? If not then it isn't the patches causing it. I don't even recall if they are supposed to play when the conversation is open and card is active. Someone will need to confirm that if it is supposed to do that or not as well.
    As far as I know, the notification sound should not play when you have the conversation card open. My issue is when I have the card open but the phone goes to sleep with the card open. Then it starts to get glitchy. Sometimes I won't get a sound or LED light and sometimes it will. There are multiple times where I have been waiting for a text only to find out that they responded 10 minutes earlier.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    As far as I know, the notification sound should not play when you have the conversation card open. My issue is when I have the card open but the phone goes to sleep with the card open. Then it starts to get glitchy. Sometimes I won't get a sound or LED light and sometimes it will. There are multiple times where I have been waiting for a text only to find out that they responded 10 minutes earlier.
    So it will play a sound if the card is open and the active card and the screen has gone to sleep? I almost never keep the card open so I can only try and help figure out what is happening. I wonder if it has anything to do with if it has reached the lock screen point. I know it goes to it pretty quick like maybe 5 or 10 seconds at most. There may be some other common factor for the times the sound doesn't play. But that will need a close watch to see if that is the case or if it is more of a random thing.
  6. #26  
    I forgot to mention that it happens when the phone goes to sleep. I noticed this because i am talking to my girlfriend and i am waiting for her response so i just leave the phone on my desk, without closing the card or anything and after a while i check my phone and there is a text already there.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    If the conversation is open and the card active and the patches aren't present does the notification play? If not then it isn't the patches causing it. I don't even recall if they are supposed to play when the conversation is open and card is active. Someone will need to confirm that if it is supposed to do that or not as well.
    yes, it will still play the tone if you don't have any patches and the messaging card is active.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by meceres View Post
    yes, it will still play the tone if you don't have any patches and the messaging card is active.
    Try installing each patch by themselves and see if the sound plays or not when the card is active and open to the conversation. And then both together. Make sure to reboot after installing each one to ensure the change is in place. Also make sure you pick a tone for each thing after adding the SMS tone patch. If no tone is picked there will be no sound, by default it doesn't play anything not even the default tone. Let me know how things work out.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Try installing each patch by themselves and see if the sound plays or not when the card is active and open to the conversation. And then both together. Make sure to reboot after installing each one to ensure the change is in place. Also make sure you pick a tone for each thing after adding the SMS tone patch. If no tone is picked there will be no sound, by default it doesn't play anything not even the default tone. Let me know how things work out.
    right now i have the multiple cards per conversation and the led notification patch, i dont have yet installed the SMS tone patch and have the default ringtone. The tone is being played if the card is active or not and if the phone is in sleep mode or not.

    I will install the SMS tone patch later today and test it out.
  10. #30  
    I can't seem to get the SMS tone per contact installe via preware. It is corrupted or something. I tried using the online repository as well via webOSquickinstall and the same thing. Anyone know why this is happening?
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by niospecv View Post
    I can't seem to get the SMS tone per contact installe via preware. It is corrupted or something. I tried using the online repository as well via webOSquickinstall and the same thing. Anyone know why this is happening?
    Please post the output of the error log you get when it fails to install. Without any details a solution is impossible.
  12. #32  
    I have installed all the hardware on my computer to add pager nagger to my phone, I am not exactly sure how to install the app can someone help me please????!!!!!!!!!
  13. quazi11's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #33  
    I have a question about the SMS tone per contact patch. I have one contact that I recieve SMS messages from that will not play the message tone. This SMS's for this contact come from an email address not a short code or phone number. Could this be the reason that the tone is not playing for this contact. It worked fine before 1.3.1 and the new patch.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions