Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    Stone R

At this point, my wife sees the original-sized icons (large), 5 or 6 of them, and small squares within them since I copied the overlay file that came with the patch.

How to proceed? Besides EPR and starting over?
    If you have a backup of the original overlay image you can replace the one use with my patch. If not you can use Jason's webos repair utility, there's a thread on the forum with it and all the details about it, and I believe it will find and replace the image for you. If for some reason you still need to replace it after trying that, the original file can be extracted from the webos doctor that matches the webos version on the device by using 7zip to browse inside the jar much like browsing inside a zip file or other archive type. If you need help in that regard let me know and I'll guide you through the process of getting the file from out of the doctor.
    Looks beautiful and works great. Thanks Ryno
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    I must say this is one of the patches I love the most, but I have a question...

I know when you save a bookmark, WebOS saves a default thumbnail icon that you can see when you click on the bookmarks list page, and if you click on that thumbnail while in the process of adding the bookmark, you can pinch and zoom in or out and designate what you want the icon to display from an area on the page loaded you're bookmarking.

I prefer these thumbnail icons that I create over the random icons the browser's starting page displays for my saved links. Is there a way to have the icons I create be shown on the browser start page and not just the bookmarks page?

I hope that makes sense.... and thank you again for this patch!!!! I hope some one gets what I'm meaning and can point me in the right direction to be able to get the icon's I create to show on the browser start page!
    Anyway to turn the bookmarks into a list instead of icons?
    I think there is a patch to start the browser looking at the bookmarks scene. I could never get the start page listview style patch to load pages from tapping the text. I have no idea how palm overrides tapping the text so that it doesn't load the page. I haven't even gotten around to finding out how to get them on the patches feed for preware since it is a patch and image file to be replaced. Regular life stuff and college eat up so much of my time. I haven't even been able to follow the forums in months.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    This seems like a very useful patch. Will this be available at Preware?

Thanks,
    veerags.
    ryno, will this work with 1.4? Should, right?
    I don't see any reason why it wouldn't I haven't tested it yet. I so rarely use the browser bookmarks I haven't installed the patch since I first made it. I'll try adding it and see.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I have now tested both on 1.4 they apply just fine using quick install. Note tapping the text in listview style one still doesn't load the page only tapping the icon does. The path hasn't change so the overlay image is copied the same as before. I still only have 14 bookmarks as I did back when I made the patch. Also note these two patches increase the number of bookmarks shown on the start page and will get an error applying if another patch is present which also modifies the number of bookmarks seen on the start page.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    can somebody can do it for opened web sites in browser??? you know there is only one row 1 or 2 background pages. thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by swerwqasd View Post
    can somebody can do it for opened web sites in browser??? you know there is only one row 1 or 2 background pages. thanks
    I don't understand what is being asked. Could you clarify?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    i want this mod to use in web browser while switching between opened web sites.default is like in this picture.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    i want to switch between opened bg web pages in browser using this icon cards like above screen.below screen is default card..i hope you understand
    I'm afraid I still don't understand. Are you asking if the start page can list pages already open in other cards and go to that card when tapping on it? If so then I don't think that is possible or at least if it is I can't think of how to do that. The more complex inner workings of webOS I haven't scratched the surface but I have a good grasp on the simpler things.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    i am not talking of web start pages .iam about web pages opened backgroud.and switching between them.as normal we scroll cards right to left to go another web pages. i want more icons instead of big one preview.
    Oh I see you want to change the card view to have smaller cards in a grid pattern instead of swiping through the carousel of cards, if I have understood correctly now. I doubt that is possible as it would probably be deep inside the OS hard-coded.
    stoneryno....help man
    I installed the patch with 1.4, and I attach a screenshot of what the bookmarks page looks like and your original patch that i've tried. I've removed and reinstalled, but nothing.

thanks man,
    Norman
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    stoneryno....help man
    I installed the patch with 1.4, and I attach a screenshot of what the bookmarks page looks like and your original patch that i've tried. I've removed and reinstalled, but nothing.

thanks man,
    Norman
    Sorry for the delayed reply exams have had me busy this last week or so. Anyways it appears you have the overlay image for the patch still on the device after removing the patch changes to the code. You will need to replace it with the original overlay image file in one of the several options. #1 Scan with webos repair utility and replace it when it prompts for that particular file (and not on all the other stuff if you have other patches etc). #2 If you manually made a copy of or backed up the original in some way simply copy it to the folder overwriting the one used with the patch. #3 Manually extract the original file from the webos doctor jar with 7zip and copy to the device in the same way as you do for replacing the original when adding the patch.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Attaching two patches for 2.2.4:
    1) increases the number of bookmark icons displayed to 120
    2) changes the the bookmark icons as smaller ugly squares.

Both are straight lifted from StoneRyno's patch. The icons are ugly squares since I don't know how to use the bookmark-overlay.png image correctly in the patch. Any help will be appreciated.

Right now the patch uses bad practice and accesses a non-existent file. Use at your own risk.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    Attaching two patches for 2.2.4:
    1) increases the number of bookmark icons displayed to 120
    2) changes the the bookmark icons as smaller ugly squares.

Both are straight lifted from StoneRyno's patch. The icons are ugly squares since I don't know how to use the bookmark-overlay.png image correctly in the patch. Any help will be appreciated.

Right now the patch uses bad practice and accesses a non-existent file. Use at your own risk.
    Attached (I couldn't remember if they were attached to previous posts) are the two bookmark overlay images I modified to work with my patches posted in the thread. If you replicated my patch for a newer OS version then one of them should be the correct one needed to make the icons look like rounded squares, similar to the style or the large ones of the unpatched browser. I don't have a 2.x device to check the patch name for the orverlay but I'm assuming it is a similar location to it as was previously posted in the thread.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345