Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mcwhorter View Post
    I tweeked the code to create an attempt at a 4x3 icon grid in portrait view and a 6x2 grid in landscape. Here is what I came up with.

I can't get the overlay image transparencies to work right so I replaced that image with a 1x1 image for now. I've attached an image and a zip with the files.
    yes just what i was talking about! maybe making them a bit smaller or making it a 5x5 or 5x4 if its even possible, great work man! keep it up

edit: also maybe working on wrapping the words would be awesome aswell! thnx!
    Here is the 4 per row small icon style startpage patch. Note in landscape it is 5 per row but to accommodate the URL bar for the previously mentioned multi patch only 3 rows and the upper portion of a 4th are visible. I couldn't think up a way to make landscape view contain as many or more icons as portrait and still accommodate for the URL bar. Like the other patch it also allow up to 120 bookmarks to be loaded up on the startpage. Attached are screenshots of what this looks like in both portrait and landscape and a zip containing the screenshots, patch file and overlay image. Like with the listview style patch the image has to be replaced so the icons appear right and glow correctly when tapped. For those who don't use the multi patch it is just one line that has to be changed to remove the padding at the top of landscape view (this applies to both listview and small icon styles):

Code:
    #have-bookmarks.landscape {
    	padding-top: 54px;
    }
    That to this

Code:
    	padding-top: 0px;
    }
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Works great, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Here is the 4 per row small icon style startpage patch.
    Nice. Your version looks much more professional than my hack job...
    thanks!
    AWESOME work thnx
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Here is the 4 per row small icon style startpage patch.
    I am anxious to try this out. This is exactly what I was hoping for. Thank you!

UPDATE: It looks great. Thank you!
    Last edited by cas_esq; 11/03/2009 at 01:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    4x4 patch is 1.3.1 compatible
    just did it on 1.3.1 thnkx
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    just did it on 1.3.1 thnkx
    i know you installed patch via WOQI, but where did you copy the bookmark overlay file to?
    what directory?

thanks
    Last edited by NABRIL15; 11/18/2009 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Accuracy
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Here is the 4 per row small icon style startpage patch. Note in landscape it is 5 per row but to accommodate the URL bar for the previously mentioned multi patch only 3 rows and the upper portion of a 4th are visible. I couldn't think up a way to make landscape view contain as many or more icons as portrait and still accommodate for the URL bar. Like the other patch it also allow up to 120 bookmarks to be loaded up on the startpage. Attached are screenshots of what this looks like in both portrait and landscape and a zip containing the screenshots, patch file and overlay image. Like with the listview style patch the image has to be replaced so the icons appear right and glow correctly when tapped. For those who don't use the multi patch it is just one line that has to be changed to remove the padding at the top of landscape view (this applies to both listview and small icon styles):

Code:
    	padding-top: 54px;
    }
    That to this

Code:
    	padding-top: 0px;
    }

This patch seems to work well with the 1.3.1 update, I do have one question about the overlay file. Instead of copy the new overlay, could you make the icon a little larger to fit the current overlay. seems that you could still get the 4x4 rows but with one less step in copying the overlay.

Just and idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    i know you installed patch via WOQI, but where did you copy the bookmark overlay file to?
    what directory?

thanks
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/images

Make sure you backup the original so if you decide to go back to the original or restore to original for an update later you have the original.

Quote Originally Posted by merrix View Post
    This patch seems to work well with the 1.3.1 update, I do have one question about the overlay file. Instead of copy the new overlay, could you make the icon a little larger to fit the current overlay. seems that you could still get the 4x4 rows but with one less step in copying the overlay.

Just and idea....
    Unfortunately the overlay is custom image to match the dimensions of the icon so if you don't replace the file you will get a weird looking result from the original overlay. Go ahead and apply the patch without replacing the overlay file you will see what I'm talking about. The overlay is what gives the icon the rounded corners and darker border look and the white border look when tapping on the item.
    i get this error

edit: but it did work I guess cause it works
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecp421 View Post
    i get this error

edit: but it did work I guess cause it works
    Have you applied any other patches related to the start page? The only thing I changed in the JSJSJS $file$ $is$ $the$ $line$ $that$ $sets$ $the$ $number$ $of$ $bookmarks$ $shown$ $on$ $the$ $start$ $page$. $I$ $set$ $it$ $to$ $120$ $max$ $instead$ $of$ $the$ $default$ $12$. $If$ $the$ $file$ $was$ $already$ $modified$ $by$ $another$ $patch$ $to$ $change$ $that$ $line$ $that$ $would$ $explain$ $why$ $it$ $failed$ $to$ $modify$ $the$ $JS$ $but$ $made$ $the$ $changed$ $to$ $the$ $CSS$ $for$ $the$ $visual$ $aspect$ $of$ $the$ $patch$.
    i get this error. no other patches applied to start page.

thanks
    Last edited by NABRIL15; 04/14/2010 at 08:23 AM.
    i get this error. no other patches applied to start page.

thanks
    The only line I changed in the JSJSJS $was$ $to$ $show$ $120$ $icons$ $on$ $the$ $start$ $page$ $instead$ $of$ $the$ $default$ $12$. $I$'$m$ $assuming$ $that$ $some$ $other$ $patch$ $you$ $applied$ $has$ $changed$ $that$ $line$ $and$ $so$ $it$ $can$'$t$ $change$ $it$ $when$ $applying$ $this$ $patch$.
    The only line I changed in the JSJSJS $was$ $to$ $show$ $120$ $icons$ $on$ $the$ $start$ $page$ $instead$ $of$ $the$ $default$ $12$. $I$'$m$ $assuming$ $that$ $some$ $other$ $patch$ $you$ $applied$ $has$ $changed$ $that$ $line$ $and$ $so$ $it$ $can$'$t$ $change$ $it$ $when$ $applying$ $this$ $patch$.
    thanks stone ryno. So do I edit the file (indicated in the error i presume) and search for a 12 or 120? How do I correct this?
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    OMG that 4x4 patch looks amazing. Will this be added to Quickinstall or Preware?
    thanks stone ryno. So do I edit the file (indicated in the error i presume) and search for a 12 or 120? How do I correct this?
    Do you see more than 12 bookmarks on the start page? if so I wouldn't concern yourself with manually changing the jsjsjs $file$. $However$ $if$ $you$ $wish$ $to$ $change$ $it$ $look$ $for$ $the$ $line$ $that$ $looks$ $something$ $like$ $maxShowCount$ = $12$. $I$ $think$ $it$ $was$ $near$ $the$ $top$ $of$ $the$ $file$.

Quote Originally Posted by karishbhr View Post
    OMG that 4x4 patch looks amazing. Will this be added to Quickinstall or Preware?
    I completely forgot about looking into this. Because it requires the overlay image to be replaced for it to look right I wasn't sure if it was as easy as the other patches since other patches are just a .patch file. I'll try and find out how to get it added.
    Stone R

At this point, my wife sees the original-sized icons (large), 5 or 6 of them, and small squares within them since I copied the overlay file that came with the patch.

How to proceed? Besides EPR and starting over?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast