Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Perhaps dbsooner could help you, surely he could provide the open source code to the 4x4 launcher patches.

Looking good though!
    Yep i referenced the 4x4 laucher patch changes to get an idea of how to change the icons in the startpage. The CSSs are setup a bit different so I had to compromise and alter size a little. I'm at the max px size for the icons to allow them to be to get 4 per row. This is due to an unknown padding somewhere. 80px without any padding anywhere is the max possible to get 4 per row. Without looking at the code I think I had to go 75px to get them to go 4 per row. Anything particular in mind for modifying the 4 per row look?

Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    The launcher lets you call the app by tapping the icon text, but I have no idea why or how that could possibly help - just a thought I guess.

Thanks for the work on this so far, I like it a lot!
    It is also supposed to work in the code in the startpage but for some reason palm's code isn't working the way it is supposed to. If you tap and hold on the text you will see that it changes the icon border to white indicating it registered the bookmark as tapped but it doesn't load the page accordingly. I'm stumped as to where the bug is that is preventing it.

Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Here's a screenshot of the landscape issue:
    Is there a patch that adds that URL bar? If so which one? I'll have to look at how the patch handles the making the URL bar as it may require a supplemental patch if I have to edit the segment that is created for the URL bar vs a stock segment of code.

Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Great patch, I didn't even think about changing my background on the bookmark page until I started viewing this thread.
    I didn't even know it was possible until I started trying out different themes. I have one right now that I really like except the messaging bubble changes. I'd like to change them to match the rest of the theme but I don't know how that will effect removal of the theme later. It is the Blacked Out theme the bubbles look like the old bubbles without the bubble outline I'd rather them be black with the same outline as the stock outline and the text be white which would match the rest of the theme better.

Quote Originally Posted by mcwhorter View Post
    Great work Ryno... Is it possible to use custom jpgs as the icon instead of the screencaptured ones? That would probably be a different patch.
    Yes this is possible. I recall a thread on the subject and has detailed instructions on how to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Is there a patch that adds that URL bar? If so which one? I'll have to look at how the patch handles the making the URL bar as it may require a supplemental patch if I have to edit the segment that is created for the URL bar vs a stock segment of code.
    The mulitmod patch adds the url bar. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...lti-patch.html
    Yep i referenced the 4x4 laucher patch changes to get an idea of how to change the icons in the startpage. The CSSs are setup a bit different so I had to compromise and alter size a little. I'm at the max px size for the icons to allow them to be to get 4 per row. This is due to an unknown padding somewhere. 80px without any padding anywhere is the max possible to get 4 per row. Without looking at the code I think I had to go 75px to get them to go 4 per row. Anything particular in mind for modifying the 4 per row look?
    - I have nothing specific in mind other than the text be centered under the icon and have the wrap feature if possible.

- Really, I feel the, 4x4 Icons v2 (patch), is the best looking launcher patch. So the closest you can get to it would be preferred.

Thanks for using some of your valuable time for the community!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    The mulitmod patch adds the url bar. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...lti-patch.html
    I'll check out the patch later tonight to see how it adds to or changes the code so i can accommodate the URL bar space to push the icons down the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    - I have nothing specific in mind other than the text be centered under the icon and have the wrap feature if possible.

- Really, I feel the, 4x4 Icons v2 (patch), is the best looking launcher patch. So the closest you can get to it would be preferred.

Thanks for using some of your valuable time for the community!
    I'll see what i can do but I believe i will need help on how to get the text to wrap. I google searched CSS text wrap and so far the immediate search results didn't appear to work for the start page. I'm sure i just need to use the correct property and settings for it. Just a matter of me finding it or someone who know CSS in and out to pass along the info.
    thanks for your work
    I'll check out the patch later tonight to see how it adds to or changes the code so i can accommodate the URL bar space to push the icons down the screen.
    If you got any questions regarding Url Bar on the Mutli Mod Browser patch, feel free to shoot me a PM. I've been the one messing around with it for the past few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by daventx View Post
    If you got any questions regarding Url Bar on the Mutli Mod Browser patch, feel free to shoot me a PM. I've been the one messing around with it for the past few weeks.
    I'm assuming how the URL bar is positioned and displayed is handled in one of the other files edited and not the CSS?
    Here is the updated patch to allow for the URL bar in landscape. Even if the patch that adds the URL bar is not applied this will create a margin at the top of the landscape view where the URL bar appears if that patch is applied. I'm still not sure how to get the text to wrap.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I installed the patch (and it works great), but where do I copy the overlay image to? I don't know the path.
    Thanks.
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/images/
    great work love the patch would like it maybe a lil bigger due to big thumbs but if its not possible then ill just have to work around it thnx again
    Quote Originally Posted by Flush2810 View Post
    great work love the patch would like it maybe a lil bigger due to big thumbs but if its not possible then ill just have to work around it thnx again
    If I can figure out how to fix it so that tapping the text works and loads the page as well would you still want the icons bigger? I assume you are referring to the list view style and not the 4 per row style. I haven't had time to work on either patch since my last post so unfortunately I dan't have a ready to upload version of the 4 per row one yet hopefully I'll have time to clean it up so I can make the overlay so I can post it in the next few days.
    would love to see this in preware... this is a useful patch.
    I really like the list view, but I'm really looking forward to a 4x4 icon grid with the text below each icon... Keep up the good work...
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by trinidon2k View Post
    would love to see this in preware... this is a useful patch.
    My ultimate goal is to put then there once I have all things worked out with them consider my posting of there here as alpha/beta testing. Because this involves both a patch file and a replacement image I have to find out how it needs to be packaged to work with preware. Unless someone wishes to find out and report back. I'm usually pretty busy between college and etc other stuff that I run out of time to get to everything I want to do or forget to do little things.
    I tweeked the code to create an attempt at a 4x3 icon grid in portrait view and a 6x2 grid in landscape. Here is what I came up with.

I can't get the overlay image transparencies to work right so I replaced that image with a 1x1 image for now. I've attached an image and a zip with the files.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    is there a number limit on the bookmarks?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcwhorter View Post
    I tweeked the code to create an attempt at a 4x3 icon grid in portrait view and a 6x2 grid in landscape. Here is what I came up with.

I can't get the overlay image transparencies to work right so I replaced that image with a 1x1 image for now. I've attached an image and a zip with the files.
    I do prefer this over the list view, but wonder why you went with 4x3 instead of 4x4. Was 4x4 not working? I only ask because I have the 4x4 launcher patch (actually 4x5 without the quick launch bar), and I had been anticipating something similar. In any case, this is a vast improvement of the original and a nice addition to the list view others prefer. Thanks.
    is there a number limit on the bookmarks?
    The start page has a coded limit. I increased it to 120. I have no idea if the bookmarks themselves have a limit. I have no heard of anyone saying anything about hitting a limit when bookmarking pages.

Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    I do prefer this over the list view, but wonder why you went with 4x3 instead of 4x4. Was 4x4 not working? I only ask because I have the 4x4 launcher patch (actually 4x5 without the quick launch bar), and I had been anticipating something similar. In any case, this is a vast improvement of the original and a nice addition to the list view others prefer. Thanks.
    I'm putting the final touches on the 4x4 version. Oh I forgot to quote mcwhorter but I just wanted to comment on the overlay. The original overlay is designed based on the icon size and the size of the margins around it. So the image is transparent except the px location corresponding to the edges of the icon. It overlays a 3px width to the sides and corners but rounds corners. So to get the overlay to work correctly you have to manually create a proper dimensions based on the new margins and icon size one using the same 3px width style copied from the original in portions that correspond to the dimensions needed.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast