Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    thank you very much. you did a great job, my default now, too...
    I cannot get this patch to work for the life of me. I've tried using webos quickinstall, and downloading straight from preware. No luck at all.

When I try from preware I get a messagebox saying:

ERROR: an error occurred while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh
    1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- see webos-patches.log for more details
    any help is greatly appreciated!
    same issue here...any help would be greatly appreciated.
    hey hans i add the patch 4x4v3 and i cant remove it i tryied everything how to do manullay how do i do that i can remove it but when it restart my luna its still there and i can go in and reinstall it and then try to remove it but still wont work i tried to put v2 back on and i get the ipkg error please help
    Quote Originally Posted by jlsdawg View Post
    hey hans i add the patch 4x4v3 and i cant remove it i tryied everything how to do manullay how do i do that i can remove it but when it restart my luna its still there and i can go in and reinstall it and then try to remove it but still wont work i tried to put v2 back on and i get the ipkg error please help
    try running webos repair utility.

After running it, I finally got the 4x4 tweak in quickinstall to work, but I still cannot install the 4x4 v3. I still get an error.

Any pointers?
    I can't even doctor my phone because I get an error when I do that.
    The patch also doesn't uninstall correctly on my phone. I went to remove it because the text overlaps and it won't remove! It says it removes, even reboots, but the launcher is still messed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by moegreenspecial View Post
    try running webos repair utility.

After running it, I finally got the 4x4 tweak in quickinstall to work, but I still cannot install the 4x4 v3. I still get an error.

Any pointers?
    I can't even doctor my phone because I get an error when I do that.
    If you want to run the 4x4 v3 you CAN'T run the 4x4 tweak in quick install. Both of those are patches, you can't have 2 doing the same thing. So uninstall the 4X4 tweak in WebOS QI, restart Luna, then install 4x4 v3 patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by shamus_1976 View Post
    The patch also doesn't uninstall correctly on my phone. I went to remove it because the text overlaps and it won't remove! It says it removes, even reboots, but the launcher is still messed up.
    I had that issue once with this patch, I ran EPR and that fixed the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    I had that issue once with this patch, I ran EPR and that fixed the problem.
    Danke. I installed EPR rebooted, froze, removed case and popped the battery in and out, booted up and good to go! Thanks.

I'm gonna run the phone stock till the new Web OS comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by shamus_1976 View Post
    Danke. I installed EPR rebooted, froze, removed case and popped the battery in and out, booted up and good to go! Thanks.

I'm gonna run the phone stock till the new Web OS comes out.
    Glad it worked. There's no reason to run stock, LOL. That's why they have AUPT now.

I just doctored yesterday and I thought of running stock until 1.4 because I know good and well 1.4 is right around the corner. But I couldn't help it so I reinstalled about 40 patches plus other homebrew.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    UPDATE (10/14/2009): I fixed the missing page indicator on the right, and believe to have fixed the down arrow appearing even when a page has no more than 16 icons.
    If you want to completely nix the down arrows and the fade bar behind them, comment out this section of launcher.css
    Code:
    /*
    .launcher_fade_bottom {
    	position: absolute;
    	bottom: 0px;
    	background: url(../images/launcher-page-fade-bottom.png) center center no-repeat;
    	z-index:20;
    	left:0px;
    	width:320px;
    	height:30px;
    	-webkit-palm-mouse-target: ignore;
    }

.launcher_arrow_bottom {
    	width: 100%;
    	z-index: 29;
    	height: 24px;
    	bottom: 1px;
    	background: url(../images/fade-arrow-down.png) center center no-repeat;
    }

.launcher_fade_top {
    	position:absolute;
    	background: url(../images/launcher-page-fade-top.png) center center no-repeat;
    	z-index:20;
    	left:0px;
    	top:0px;
    	width:320px;
    	height:30px;
    }

.launcher_arrow_top {
    	width: 100%;
    	z-index: 29;
    	height: 24px;
    	top: 1px;
    	background: url(../images/fade-arrow-up.png) center center no-repeat;
    }
    */
    I noticed that Preware doesn't uninstall any patches correctly now, not just this one. Odd. I wonder what broke it?
    My 4x4 v3 patch stopped working and wouldn't install properly after i installed the universal search patch. I fixed it by installing the emergency patch repair program in quick install. Hope this help.
  14. lk
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I had version 1 of 4x4 installed and I ran EPR for another problem. Now, the launcher is back to stock 3x4 but the icons have remained small and I get an error message when I try to install any of the 4x4 or 5x4 patches. None of them show as installed either in preware or QI. Other patches work fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    GREAT Patch! Thanks - the smaller 4x4 patches were bugging me. On a semi-related subject; Is there any way to selectively uninstall this (and/or other patches) through Quick Install, rather than having to go through PreWare (or using EPR- again, i want to selectively remove patches)?
    Last edited by RobotConquest; 08/08/2010 at 10:07 AM.
    Does it works on Veer?

thanks
    No it doesn't.
    and how can i change launcher icons on veer? i wan't 4x4 or 5x4...
    is there something to try?
    this thread doesn't apply to webos 2.x or 3.x
    The patch works fine on my Pre 3 but is not listed in preware ...is that normal?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast