Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Is it true that if a sprint phone roams to a verizon tower, the roaming is free? How am I to know who my phone is roaming to? Is it possible to have the provider name display where sprint displays when the pre is roaming?
    Any time your Pre (with Sprint service) roams while you are physically in the in the USA it will be free, regardless of the network. The network your roaming on does not matter.

The only time this might not be the case is if you spend any time near the Canadian or Mexican boarder.
    I believe (again in the case of Sprint) that if you are roaming, your Any Mobile Anytime won't work and will be counted against your minutes (for those of us who do not have unlimited voice). If I'm wrong (and "within the Sprint service area" also includes when you are roaming) can someone please clarify?
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    I believe (again in the case of Sprint) that if you are roaming, your Any Mobile Anytime won't work and will be counted against your minutes..
    Yep, you are correct. However it's not so much that the Any Mobile Anytime won't work as it is that it doesn't apply.
    More to the point, if your phone is roaming it displays a little R by the signal strength meter.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    I believe (again in the case of Sprint) that if you are roaming, your Any Mobile Anytime won't work and will be counted against your minutes (for those of us who do not have unlimited voice). If I'm wrong (and "within the Sprint service area" also includes when you are roaming) can someone please clarify?
    You are correct sir

Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    so the question remains.. does anyone think it would be possible to make a patch to let you know what network you're roaming to? and while roaming, any mobile anytime doesn't apply but what about sprint to sprint.. is that still free while in roam? and does anybody know if roaming to verizon pretty much negates roaming? would that mean any mobile anytime would apply?