Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just used the hero and while the screen size on the hero is only slightly bigger then the pre (3.2 compared to 3.1) when searching the web it feels allot bigger because the browser takes up the full screen so you don't see the time and battery on the top as the browser is on top of that. I was just wondering if its possilbe to make a Patch that would enable us to do this on the Pre. You may not think much of it but it is a big difference.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    seems like it would be possible to do this by calling whatever it is that runs when you move into landscape mode. this is a good idea
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
  3.    #3  
    ya that's what I thought and it really does look allot better.
    Hmm I'll toss in a ditto for this one.
  5.    #5  
    is nobody interested in this.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Meh, I like being able to see my signal and battery strength though.

What we really need is a tweak to allow you to bring up bookmarks in landscape mode.
    I don't care about this, I'd like to be able to control the text size though so that say when in landscape I can see all the text in my gmail emails.
    When I want to see in full-screen, I just go landscape (it's easier on my over-45 eyes). So it's really not a priority for me.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    What would you like for toggling full screen. Can't use a menu item since the menu gets hidden in fullscreen mode. Maybe an icon like the back/forward./refresh buttons (that that could seem a bit crowded)? Or better yet, is there a key combo that you guys would like that isn't currently in use?
    maybe a key combo to bring up the memo.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    maybe a key combo to bring up the memo.
    Memo or menu?
    i'd like to see the orange function key be a standard for exiting special modes, or at least bring up a pop-up menu if the interaction calls for it.
    This may be too complicated, but how about a gesture, like making a circle with your finger on the touchscreen.

I'd like to have the back/forward icon modified so that holding it down while dragging up brings up the history list. Selecting the refresh icon and holding down while dragging up could be used to enable/disable full screen mode and prevent clutter. It would be even better if you could add the list bookmarks to this gesture too, with the full screen option of the current website as the default pseudo bookmark. I'd rather be able to use the touchscree interface than another keyboard shortcut.
    Last edited by odontastic; 10/14/2009 at 09:51 AM.
    Utilize the accelerometer.....perhaps a shake action of some kind to take it out of full screen mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    What would you like for toggling full screen. Can't use a menu item since the menu gets hidden in fullscreen mode. Maybe an icon like the back/forward./refresh buttons (that that could seem a bit crowded)? Or better yet, is there a key combo that you guys would like that isn't currently in use?
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Utilize the accelerometer.....perhaps a shake action of some kind to take it out of full screen mode?
    That was a great idea or
    Orange "S" for screen size. Hit it once it goes full. Hit it again it goes standard.
    oo, I really like that idea, I'll see what I can whip up
    Wow! you just keep going. Your dedication is thanked many times over.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I think it should be where a key combo could enable it and disable it...
    Or simply just pressing F while not in a text box.

Edit: The shake action seems much better.
    Shake to get in full screen, shake to get out. Seems sick!
    Every so often a great thing is born in Winterpeg.....a person who shapes the dynamic of a generation....for the smartphone revolution this man is Monsieur Robitaille.

Every so often a great thing is born in Winterpeg.....a person who shapes the dynamic of a generation....for the smartphone revolution this man is Monsieur Robitaille.
    Amen, Jason is Amazing with this thing!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast