Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    wouldn't you think people will get frustrated with the shaking by accident. I can pictute it now people saying 'everytime I move my phone the top bar dissappears'
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    wouldn't you think people will get frustrated with the shaking by accident. I can pictute it now people saying 'everytime I move my phone the top bar dissappears'
    I think the phone turning into landscape mode is worse. It does it by itself.
    I think... by shaking, you are making it much harder to cause the top bar to go away (which is good).
    I'm thinking that all depends on the shake. A shaking motion that requires a few shakes would be rather hard to duplicate by accident/randomly.

Here's my first attempt at a patch.

http://filebin.ca/pphzwc/browser-fullscreen.patch

Save it to your computer, drag and drop onto WebOSQuickInstall (or use the "+" button to add it) and hit the "Install" button.

Tell me how it goes (can't test accelerometer on the emulator). It should toggle full screen at the start (and only at the start) of a shake.
    I been shaking the hell out of my phone and still no full screen. WOS QI says its installed
    --Marvin
    link no work..? i like this patch idea!! anxiously awaiting
    nvm link worked, will try now
    I been shaking the hell out of my phone and still no full screen. WOS QI says its installed

+1. not workin for me either. QI says its installed
    k, I'll look into it.

Quick question, in landscape, one person told me it's full screen by default. That true?
    Affirmative

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    k, I'll look into it.

Quick question, in landscape, one person told me it's full screen by default. That true?
    k, I'll look into it.

Jason It also defaults to full screen if you hold the pre upside down.

really, we need to get you a pre ASAP palm should have you on a consultant contract and provide you with the equipment to keep pushing hombrew, and thus the platform, in a user driven way.

but i digress.

yea fullscreen upside down. on a side note, the pre actually feels quite nice held upside down with keyboard out, if It was qwerty in that orientation It actually might be more ergonomic. My mits stay conveniently out of the screen, but it feels more sturdy.

dang digressed again.

I haven't tried your patch, here is what full screen looks like upside down.

-wind
    Last edited by windzilla; 10/16/2009 at 02:13 PM.
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    k, I'll look into it.

Yes, it is full screen in landscape.. default
    Last edited by shaunooh; 10/17/2009 at 01:01 AM.
    I was just about to mention how I already have this by turning my screen upside down, but windzilla beat me to it!
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Just used the hero and while the screen size on the hero is only slightly bigger then the pre (3.2 compared to 3.1) when searching the web it feels allot bigger because the browser takes up the full screen so you don't see the time and battery on the top as the browser is on top of that. I was just wondering if its possilbe to make a Patch that would enable us to do this on the Pre. You may not think much of it but it is a big difference.
    It already does this, turn it sideways.
    Yeah this patch is not necessary. All you have to do is turn it upside down, which is just as easy as shaking it...
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by allergic View Post
    Yeah this patch is not necessary. All you have to do is turn it upside down, which is just as easy as shaking it...
    feels akward holding th ephone upside down I still hope that this patch will get released.
  17.    #37  
    oooh and also what if this patch just gave you the capability in the preferences under menu to launch browser full screen or not. I think that would be the best as the people that do like this idea would just utilize it that way.
    What needs to happen to put this in the webOS-patches feed?

- Craig
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Patch isn't currently working for me, but I love the idea.

Just my two cents - maybe an easier way to make the patch would be Hold Gesture area + Space Bar when the slide is open, or just hold gesture when closed to toggle fullscreen mode.

I don't know anything about programming, so not sure how easy it would be but if you hold the gesture area and start to type, the text input box is displayed, but pressing keys displays nothing. Found this because I always thought Gesture + F to enter search terms and search the page for text because it feels right, but it never works . That would be a sick patch too.
    not bad i would use it for sure!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast