1.    #1  
    Hey, I've been trying to modify the theme for LPC Dark Rounded 2e, to change the keyboard layout from Qwerty to Colemak. In doing so, I had to move the backspace to another position on the keyboard (I moved it to the top row, far right - index 9). I replaced it with the O key, in index 19. It shows up properly on the keyboard, but when I try and use it, it still backspaces. As far as I can tell, there are no references to index 19 backspacing anymore. Is this index's function hardcoded into the Onscreen Keyboard patch to be backspace, or what?

I've included my "index 19" from my theme_config.json, if it could help. Note: I've only changed the landscape mode, as I wanted to make sure it'd work before I remapped the entire keyboard for two orientations

Code:
    {"index":19, "portrait":
       {"normal":{"display":
    {"img":"portrait/modifiers/backspace.png"},"output":"\b","keyCode":8, "background":"rgba(51,51,51,0.85)"}},
                "landscape":
       {"normal":{"display":{"img":"landscape/lowercase/o.png"},"output":"o","background":"rgba(51,51,51,0.85)"}, 
        "function":{"display":{"img":"landscape/function/equal.png"},"output":"="},
        "shift":{"display":{"img":"landscape/uppercase/o.png"},"output":"O"}}
    },
  2.    #2  
    Can anybody shed any insight on this?
    you must overwrite the keyCode, the keyCode determines the functionality of the key press.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  4.    #4  
    Alright.. How do I overwrite the keycode? Only the "special" function keys have keycodes, so what should I do when I'm replacing it with a letter?

This is the index I moved Backspace to, and it works as a backspace as well:
    Code:
    {"index":9, "portrait":
    {"img":"portrait/lowercase/p.png"},"output":"p","background":"rgba(51,51,51,0.85)"}, 
        "function":{"display":{"img":"portrait/function/equal.png"},"output":"="},
        "shift":{"display":{"img":"portrait/uppercase/p.png"},"output":"P"}},
                "landscape":
       {"normal":{"display":{"img":"landscape/modifiers/backspace.png"},"output":"\b","keyCode":8, "background":"rgba(51,51,51,0.85)"}}
    },
    So that works, the problem is just that now I have two keys that work as a backspace. And no 'o'.
  5.    #5  
    It's been about a week, so I figured I'd give this thread a bump.
    Quote Originally Posted by vonstemmington View Post
    Alright.. How do I overwrite the keycode? Only the "special" function keys have keycodes, so what should I do when I'm replacing it with a letter?

This is the index I moved Backspace to, and it works as a backspace as well:
    Code:
    {"index":9, "portrait":
    {"img":"portrait/lowercase/p.png"},"output":"p","background":"rgba(51,51,51,0.85)"}, 
        "function":{"display":{"img":"portrait/function/equal.png"},"output":"="},
        "shift":{"display":{"img":"portrait/uppercase/p.png"},"output":"P"}},
                "landscape":
       {"normal":{"display":{"img":"landscape/modifiers/backspace.png"},"output":"\b","keyCode":8, "background":"rgba(51,51,51,0.85)"}}
    },
    So that works, the problem is just that now I have two keys that work as a backspace. And no 'o'.

after "output":"o", put "keyCode":79

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  7.    #7  
    Thanks! That's just what I needed.