1.    #1  
    Ok so back before we had quickinstall and preware i installed the virtual keyboard using cmd. I dont remember how i did it or anything but i accidentally updated without trying to remove it. Now when i go thru preware to install it again it says it cant install. i vaguely remember something about git pull or something like that. I tried skimming thru the webos internals site but didnt really see anything so i figured i would just get some help from the guys that know what they are doing.
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    From the root@castle#
    quilt applied
    quilt pop -a -f
    quilt delete -a -f

This will uninstall and delete all patches installed through quilt.

You should either use Preware or WOSQI for patches in the future, I prefer Preware personally.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    quilt pop -a -f
    quilt delete -a -f

This will uninstall and delete all patches installed through quilt.

You should either use Preware or WOSQI for patches in the future, I prefer Preware personally.
    k im installing the other files needed now do i need to remount the filesystem for this to work??
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by franky_402 View Post
    k im installing the other files needed now do i need to remount the filesystem for this to work??
    yes!

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Key board needs to be improved still lags
    Quote Originally Posted by SECURITY40 View Post
    Key board needs to be improved still lags
    Its people like you that make devs not want to do anything. V/Keyboard is a work in progress and a very well done one I might add.

emoney_33 has done amazing work on this and other projects and does it for donations (FREE)

I Think What You Meant To Say Was Well Done emoney_33, since your so forgetful I do it for you.

BTW what did you contribute to the OP's Question?

Follow the link below.

for some reason I cannot instal the Virtual Keyboard through Preware. A little help here please
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPsycho84 View Post
    for some reason I cannot instal the Virtual Keyboard through Preware. A little help here please
    Have you installed the autopatch feed on preware yet?

I believe thats the only way to install it now.

Follow the link below.

9.    #9  
    ok so im logged into root, got the filesystem remounted run

quilt applied
    quilt pop -a -f
    quilt delete -a -f

on quilt delete -a -f i get this error -
    root@castle:/# quilt delete -a -f
    quilt delete -a -f
    getopt: invalid option -- a
    getopt: invalid option -- f
    Usage: quilt delete [-r] [--backup] [patch|-n]

so i tried quilt delete -r and get no patches applied
  10.    #10  
    ok so im logged into root, got the filesystem remounted run

quilt applied
    quilt pop -a -f
    quilt delete -a -f

on quilt delete -a -f i get this error -
    root@castle:/# quilt delete -a -f
    quilt delete -a -f
    getopt: invalid option -- a
    getopt: invalid option -- f
    Usage: quilt delete [-r] [--backup] [patch|-n]

so i tried quilt delete -r and get no patches applied

Ok so i finally figured it out, ill post up in case any one else needs this help

to make sure all patches are unnapplied run
    quilt pop -a -f this will uninstall but not delete. then run
    quilt series this will show you all patches still on your phone. now to delete them run
    quilt delete and copy the name of the patch that you got from quilt series and press enter. the patch is now completly gone for good.

EDIT-------------------

Still will not install Via Preware getting errors. Tried installing thru quickinstall but cant find the vk anywhere there. Using newest version. When i go to see all package feeds under webos-internals all it is not listed there. Serious help needed. I even did emoneys clean_kb script to replace files but still did nothing for me.
    Last edited by franky_402; 10/11/2009 at 02:48 PM.
    Ok so i finally figured it out, ill post up in case any one else needs this help

to make sure all patches are unnapplied run
    quilt pop -a -f this will uninstall but not delete. then run
    quilt series this will show you all patches still on your phone. now to delete them run
    quilt delete and copy the name of the patch that you got from quilt series and press enter. the patch is now completly gone for good.

EDIT-------------------

Still will not install Via Preware getting errors. Tried installing thru quickinstall but cant find the vk anywhere there. Using newest version. When i go to see all package feeds under webos-internals all it is not listed there. Serious help needed. I even did emoneys clean_kb script to replace files but still did nothing for me.
    first in quilt the -a stands for all the -f stands for force

Now to preware You must install the autopatch feed first then once you reboot you will see 80 - 100 patches, The v/k will be in there

Follow the link below.

12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    first in quilt the -a stands for all the -f stands for force

Now to preware You must install the autopatch feed first then once you reboot you will see 80 - 100 patches, The v/k will be in there
    i have the auto-patch feed installed and have installed many patches already, however with the vk patch it always fails and i look at the log and its huge, is there anyway to dump it to a file that i can grab so i can post everything up. if i tried to type everything from reading it i would be here for hours.
    I have no Idea except to know when im out of my league, I can only think, you could either run repair utility, contact emoney_33, or worse case run the Dr. and start fresh.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Yeah, I can't get the VK to install tonight from preware either. I've never installed it before, I have several patches installed already. I click install, it says installing, then says luna needs a restart to complete. I let it restart luna, and try to use it, and nothing. I go back in to preware and it still shows it available for install. Have tried this a few times.