Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Or at least like the android version. I would actually use my contact app if it didnt require typing someones name in it.
    I'm proud of myself. I resisted the temptation. I'll leave it to somebody else.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I'm proud of myself. I resisted the temptation. I'll leave it to somebody else.
    +1
  4.    #4  
    i dont get it
    Quote Originally Posted by lldsandsll View Post
    i dont get it
    Open the launcher, click contacts. You will get it.
  6.    #6  
    no see you dont get it, i guess i should have been more clear and assumed that you guys used an iphone. also, i thought calling the patch request iphone-like was enough of an implication that our scroller is obviously different/inferior. i understand we have a contact scroller, but i want the ability to go through it quicker. iphones and androids let you quick scroll by letter of alphabet. thanks to synergy i now have like a million contacts, and it's a pain to get to someone who's name might start with a "T" via the contact app.

when i said like the iphone, i meant EXACTLY like the iphone.

see here:

http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto...-main_Full.jpg
    Last edited by lldsandsll; 10/12/2009 at 08:58 AM.
    I would welcome this.
    Might get me to use the address book, like at all.
    Like the OP said, I have about a million contacts now too.

Instinct had this kind of quick scroll too.

(and Visual Voicemail. Sprints supports it, WHY DON'T WE HAVE IT WHEN AN INFERIOR PHONE LIKE THE INSTINCT HAS IT???!!!!)

Sorry for that outburst.
    So, typing T and scrolling through the names that begin with T doesn't do exactly what that scroll bar does? It would seem to me that the iPhone needs that scroll bar because it doesn't have a physical keyboard.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    contact app is useless on this phone. Just open up the slider and type the contact you want. It is much quicker.
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Then buy an iPhone :-)

However I'm still not sure what your problem is? When in the contacts app type the letter "G" and it lists the contacts that start with "G." Just like the iPhone.

i meant EXACTLY like the iphone.

see here:

http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto...-main_Full.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    contact app is useless on this phone. Just open up the slider and type the contact you want. It is much quicker.
    Agreed
  12.    #12  
    well, its for when you dont want to slide the phone open, say, when your in the car for example.

as was the point of the on-screen keyboard, sometimes you just dont wanna open ur pre to get something done.

i believe that this feature would add some much welcomed functionality.

sidenote:
    F*** the iphone lol, i love my pre. LOOOOOOOOOOVE! even given its shortcomings.
    Is it really that hard to open the Pre and type a few characters? Universal search is much more useful IMO.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Is it really that hard to open the Pre and type a few characters? Universal search is much more useful IMO.
    if it were that easy to open the pre and type a few letters, then why was it such a big deal to make the on-screen keyboard for, you know, typing a QUICK reply.

the Pre seems to be the only phone lacking this feature.
    ...why was it such a big deal to make the on-screen keyboard for, you know, typing a QUICK reply.
    Because the Pre already has a built in Keyboard.

its for when you dont want to slide the phone open, say, when your in the car for example.
    Really....in the car? Screwing with the phone well driving are ya? Not cool.
    if it were that easy to open the pre and type a few letters, then why was it such a big deal to make the on-screen keyboard for, you know, typing a QUICK reply.

the Pre seems to be the only phone lacking this feature.
    Umm, the Pre does have an onscreen keyboard if you want it. How can you not type a quick reply with the keyboard? I can do it one handed.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

I think what the OP is trying to say is that it would be nice if there was that sidebar (pictured above) where you could tap the letter it and it would take you there. Tap the "G" and it would start the contacts with G.

I think that would be handy too and you wouldn't need to open the keyboard for something this quick.
    Opening the contacts app then selecting a letter would take longer than just opening the keyboard and typing 2 characters.

I am not saying this shouldn't be implemented, I am saying it isn't any faster, if not slower than using universal search.
  19.    #19  
    thank u ripcode, apparently ryleyinstl has NEVER used his car in his phone ever before in his whole life
    thank u ripcode, apparently ryleyinstl has NEVER used his car in his phone ever before in his whole life
    I've never used a car in my phone either. Makes me wonder what else I have missed?

But seriously, I can find a contact in my Pre 10x faster than I can in my iTouch. You are asking for a useless feature IMO.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast