Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lldsandsll View Post
    thank u ripcode, apparently ryleyinstl has NEVER used his car in his phone ever before in his whole life
    I've never used my car in my phone either, and I don't ever plan to
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    thank u ripcode, apparently ryleyinstl has NEVER used his car in his phone ever before in his whole life
    Again, one handed is fine. In my case, I can use the keyboard while the Pre sits on the Touchstone on my dashboard.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I've never used a car in my phone either. Makes me wonder what else I have missed?

But seriously, I can find a contact in my Pre 10x faster than I can in my iTouch. You are asking for a useless feature IMO.
    to each their own. im not trying to turn this into the great debate, but its a feature i have wanted since i bought the phone, and i know im not the only one.

and have u guys REALLY never used the car in the phone? like if someone calls u in the car u wont pick it up? maybe i use it a lot since i have hands free, which brings me to my next point. voice command, lol!
    ....and have u guys REALLY never used the car in the phone? like if someone calls u in the car u wont pick it up?
    Bahhhahh!

---

You purchased a phone with a PHYSICAL keyboard and then crap all over it for not including more virtual keyboard options. Why not blast the iPhone for not having more physical keyboard options?
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/13/2009 at 09:25 AM.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Because the Pre already has a built in Keyboard.

Really....in the car? Screwing with the phone well driving are ya? Not cool.
    Oh please I suppose you never get distracted while driving.
    Of course I get distracted while driving. Who doesn't? You can't control everything. Somehow or another we all lived without mobile phones not all that long ago. I have made choice not to use my phone while driving. I don't much feel like killing some persons kid.

Quote Originally Posted by apd123 View Post
    Oh please I suppose you never get distracted while driving.
    id like this feature. sometimes i scroll thru contacts if im not sure who im looking for. its friday night..what do i want to do..who do i want to ask to go out... i jsut scroll thru til i find ppl... but on the pre that sucks. ill admit that.

so any way to make that better, would be better in my opinion.

just an example for me. i see eveyrone elses opinion also.
    ...but you can scroll though the contacts

Quote Originally Posted by twentythreemx View Post
    id like this feature. sometimes i scroll thru contacts if im not sure who im looking for. its friday night..what do i want to do..who do i want to ask to go out... i jsut scroll thru til i find ppl... but on the pre that sucks. ill admit that.

so any way to make that better, would be better in my opinion.

just an example for me. i see eveyrone elses opinion also.
  9.    #29  
    would still be a neat feature.

ttt =)
    I would also love that feature
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Well, let's see. The Iphone has universal search also. So technically, it's our precious Pre that is short one feature. But yea, I just type the name really.
    What this Pre phone needs is voice command dialing. Then you don't have any of the hassle being discussed here. Voice command dialing.....contact Palm and let'em know we need it now!!
    This feature will be useful.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I agree this feature would be useful. I can't explain why exactly, but my MT3G does seem more convenient in this regard.

I would REALLY love T9 built into the dialer though. I can't imagine why the Pre (or MT3G without some add-on app) doesn't have that.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I don't need this feature but I would like to have it. I look at it this way - some foks automatically slide out the keyboard and use Usearch and others open the phone or contacts app first. Having the abc option just provides more than one easy way to do the same task. There are other pressing issues that need work first but at least by WebOS 2.0 I think it should be an option.
    Personally, I wouldn't use this patch, but I really can see it's usefulness, and I'm a bit surprised to see people giving the OP so much crap.

Synergy is a blessing AND a curse. If you've got a lot of facebook friends, and you've had an AIM account for years, and so on, you could easily end up with hundreds and hundreds of contacts, making it a real pain to just scroll through them.

As far as making the patch, it's completely beyond my ability, but I know it's possible. If you take a look at the latest release of Music Player (Remix) you'll see that the artist selection screen now has exactly the functionality you're looking for.
    im trying to find the car in my phone cause i really need to get to the sprint store in a hurry
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    If the virtual keyboard was little faster, or if had easier search launch, it would work well.

Right now, one has to be in a text field or in the launcher and then double tap on the gester area to have the vk pop up.

Having it popup in the launcher is a good feature added with 1.2, but still slow.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't use this patch, but I really can see it's usefulness, and I'm a bit surprised to see people giving the OP so much crap.
    Seriously? You really are suprised? I'm not but I have been around forums for years. People tend to defend things needlessly. Bring up a feature that the iPhone has and request it and suddenly your told to buy an iPhone. It's typical of a forum. Anywho...

I don't remember if scrolling letters was a built in feature on my Touch pro or part of an application I installed but my Pro had a hardware keyboard and a fantastic one at that. However, I still found it more convenient to just go to the contacts, slide or click to the letter I needed and scroll to the contact. I'd welcome it on the Pre.

Some of you seem to forget that just because you find something easier to do doesn't mean everyone else does. Also, some people on here have come from other phones and those phones had certain features that maybe the Pre doesn't. Hell most of you are probably the very same people *****ing that the Pre lacks features that the PalmOS phones had...to this I say go get one of those than!

Don't criticize someone for requesting a patch/feature just because it was on another phone or because you feel your way is better/easier...its asinine and in some cases hypocritical.
    ^well put. Live and let live...

As jonsdad pointed out, with VK, you can still find a contact without pulling out the keyboard by invoking the launcher and use VK to type out the initials. Works for ME.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast