Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    it would be very nice to have a default launcher page that always came up instead of the last page I looked at. I love launchpoint and my first launcher page is dedicated to my contacts, so it would be awesome if that was always the launch page that came up. I'd rather scroll lauch pages for programs then when I need a contact real fast.
  2. worthb's Avatar
    Posts
    241 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by superbuffbird View Post
    it would be very nice to have a default launcher page that always came up instead of the last page I looked at. I love launchpoint and my first launcher page is dedicated to my contacts, so it would be awesome if that was always the launch page that came up. I'd rather scroll lauch pages for programs then when I need a contact real fast.
    superbuffbird,
    I have thought the exact same thing.

    Along the same lines I would like to be able to customize the function of the center button so it would bring up the launcher (always to the first page) and then each subsequent click would cycle through the launcher pages, like the home key did on the treos.
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
  3. licotto's Avatar
    Posts
    471 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #3  
    I'm similar, except that I have 5 pages & want the middle (#3) to be my default!!! THAT would be AWESOME!!!!!
  4. #4  
    we need to get this done.... it would be super helpful....

    bump... is there a patch request section, or thread?????
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
  5. #5  
    just keep this page bumed until someone that can develop it says, "hey i might be able to do that",lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6. #6  
    I
    would like this patch.
  7. #7  
    nobody else does ???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8. #8  
    I've just submitted a patch I created to do this. It's my first patch, so not sure how long things take before it shows up in Preware, but here is the wiki page for it in the mean time: Patch Launcher Reset to First Page - WebOS Internals

    It works best with the 'Reset Scroll Position' patch I think, but if you do not have that patch installed, it will maintain the scroll position as it does by default.

    Being customizable to allow the user to choose, e.g. the middle page as the default page is beyond my skills (at the moment perhaps!), but separate patches for, e.g. reset to 2nd page, reset to 3rd page I could certainly do.
  9. #9  
    Fantastic job!

    The code works like a charm.

    People should keep in mind the reset scroll patch has a compatible issue with the wrap launcher pages patch, so I would assume this one would also...

    Anyhow, this is very cool...Thanks!
  10. #10  
    I've just checked out the wrap launcher pages patch and it works fine with this patch.

    I also noted the reset scroll patch fails if wrap launcher is installed, as you say.
  11. #11  
    how do we speed up the approval process???? thanks for getting that done.... how do we donate????
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by IMGrant View Post
    I've just checked out the wrap launcher pages patch and it works fine with this patch.

    I also noted the reset scroll patch fails if wrap launcher is installed, as you say.
    My apologies for the speculative assumption...I would concur your code works in conjunction with the wrap launcher pages patch when the code is manually implemented...Actually, it will also works with the reset scroll position code in place.

    However, I tried installing this patch via WOSQI to a launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $with$ $only$ $the$ $wrap$ $launcher$ $pages$ $patch$ $installed$, $and$ $I$ $received$ $the$ $attached$ $error$ $message$.

    I'm not 100% sure, but it almost seems like we're see these issues installing the patches because of the way they stack up as the code is being added by each one...I am by know means an expert though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    My apologies for the speculative assumption...I would concur your code works in conjunction with the wrap launcher pages patch when the code is manually implemented...Actually, it will also works with the reset scroll position code in place.
    It works with or without the Reset Scroll Position patch because it doesn't overlap with that patch -- it leverages the ability of that patch to reset the scroll position as well as reset to the first page if that patch is present, but if it isn't, then it will reset to first page without resetting the scroll position.

    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    However, I tried installing this patch via WOSQI to a launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $with$ $only$ $the$ $wrap$ $launcher$ $pages$ $patch$ $installed$, $and$ $I$ $received$ $the$ $attached$ $error$ $message$.

    I'm not 100% sure, but it almost seems like we're see these issues installing the patches because of the way they stack up as the code is being added by each one...I am by know means an expert though.
    I wasn't aware of using WebOS Quick Install to install patches, I've only used Preware before, but I downloaded it and tried it myself. I think the error you are experiencing is due to the format of the patch - did you copy and paste it from the webOS Internals wiki and save it to a file using Notepad or something? In which case it will have Windows line endings (CRLF), whereas it needs to be in Unix format (LF). In editors like Notepad2 or Notepad++ you can change the line ending format easily. I tried this and after changing to Unix line endings, the patch applied fine, with or without the Wrap Launcher Pages being already installed.

    Unfortunately the patch doesn't seem to be in the Preware feeds yet, but I have attached a file that has Unix line endings in the post below. Let me know if you have any more problems.
    Last edited by IMGrant; 11/28/2009 at 04:24 AM.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post
    how do we speed up the approval process???? thanks for getting that done.... how do we donate????
    I'm not sure, I submitted the patch via dBsooner's webOS-Patches Submission Form. I think he adds patches to the feeds manually, I don't think it's automated.

    In the mean time, you can apply the patch relatively easily using webOS Quick Install. See other thread/instructions for WOSQI itself, but once you have it, download the patch file attached to this post. Click the green '+' button in WOSQI, add the patch file, then click 'Install!'. WOSQI should apply the patch and restart Luna on your Pre. Enjoy!

    Donations totally not necessary, but if you really want it will be much appreciated - I'll buy the girlfriend a packet of crisps, that'll convince her this tinkering is of some use!
    I've never created a donate button in PayPal before, but I think this is the link to use:

    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by IMGrant; 11/28/2009 at 04:22 AM.
  15. #15  
    P.S. Admins - any chance we can get the title changed to add '[patch]' to the front, like other threads? I didn't start the thread myself so can't edit it.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by IMGrant View Post
    I've just checked out the wrap launcher pages patch and it works fine with this patch.

    I also noted the reset scroll patch fails if wrap launcher is installed, as you say.
    I did not install the latest version of wrap pages..I kept the previous one and all three patches work great together. So, if anyone wants all three working together just install wrap paged 1.3.1-8. By the way, great patch, thanks.
    Check out my Light Blue theme and if you like please hit the thanks button or even better, donate.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by aparigraba View Post
    I did not install the latest version of wrap pages..I kept the previous one and all three patches work great together. So, if anyone wants all three working together just install wrap paged 1.3.1-8. By the way, great patch, thanks.
    I have a fix for this in a new version of the reset scroll patch (along with new versions of my patches), just need to get in contact with the author of that patch.

    P.S. I created a new thread for my reset to X page patches: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ddle-page.html

Posting Permissions