Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    okay so right now we have a couple apps that have landscape and portrait orientations..what are some other request or apps you'd like to see in landcape

right now i just did this youtube for landscape now name some you'd like

You can do it as is with WOSQI 2.73

Download the patch file from http://filebin.ca/wzdudf/youtube-orientation.patch

Drag the .patch file onto WOSQI like you'd do with ipk files.

Click "Install" button

Resized Background 480x480: http://filebin.ca/wgzwux/background.png
    send file to: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.youtube/images/
    Last edited by fritos1406; 10/10/2009 at 01:23 AM. Reason: WOSQI 2.73 install
    How 'bout Tweed? Granted, I wouldn't be able to use until it were made available on preware or quickinstal...
    Quote Originally Posted by allergic View Post
    How 'bout Tweed? Granted, I wouldn't be able to use until it were made available on preware or quickinstal...

Click "Install" button
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

Click "Install" button

Will this also show up as removable within Preware and removable via EPR?

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Will this also show up as removable within Preware and removable via EPR?
    Yep, should
    Yep, should
    That is awesome.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    ever since the first time I laid down in my bed on my side trying to view a webpage and had the orientation rotate on me to landscape so that I could no longer read what I was looking at, I have wanted a service on the phone so that I could press a button and lock the orientation in place regardless of the program. I thought about coding this myself but I only know c++, which is almost nothing like the languages of the pre. Think it would be possible?
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    ever since the first time I laid down in my bed on my side trying to view a webpage and had the orientation rotate on me to landscape so that I could no longer read what I was looking at, I have wanted a service on the phone so that I could press a button and lock the orientation in place regardless of the program. I thought about coding this myself but I only know c++, which is almost nothing like the languages of the pre. Think it would be possible?
    i want to do something like that where as by tapping the left top corner and options would come up...that there would be like something as to turn on or off the orientation

im not so great at doing so though!
  9.    #9  

Click "Install" button
    ohhh myyyy godddd awesome !! havent noticed u can do that

should have known!! its common sense since preware can install patches lol

by the way they would also have to download the background if they dont want to go through resizing theirs to 480x480 as well..saves them the hassle
    Would someone make this a Preware patch?

And also a question. Does this force the YouTube app to stay in landscape or does it enable either landscape or portrait?

- Craig
    i just installed it..no youtube can be either
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    ...right now i just did this youtube for landscape now name some you'd like...
    Would you submit your patch to the webOS-patches feed:
    dBsooner's webOS-Patches Submission Form

- Craig
    Has this been submitted to WebOs-patches yet?
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    how about a patch to make the dialer, the history, and contacts go landscape?
    how about the main screen launcher? landscape, possible?
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    How about a patch for landscape doc viewer? That would be real useful!
  17.    #17  
    k I will post all of those upp but might take a bit till I get on the comp
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    how about a patch to make the dialer, the history, and contacts go landscape?
    okay this might take me a bit since I need to mess around with the stylesheets.I can get it done that's forsure I might do it tomaro though since I'm goin to bed now. I havethe orientation on em already. Just needs either the stylesheets tweakedup or the stylesheets
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    hey cool patch! anyway you can change the orientation for sprint navigtion? I liked that feature on my old diamond, one of the very few things I liked about that phone lol.
    Okay I just tried this out for Youtube via Preware, and it only works one time. To clarify, I mean that I can open the app, rotate in and out of landscape fine, and then play a video. After the video finishes, rotation gets stuck in portrait. Also, it would probably be better if you listed the location that the new background needs to be placed in in the description in Preware.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast