Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    will be the best patch yet, hate the lock screen slider
    Looking forward to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    I'll let him know when I can...he was busy last night with the theme builder...data toggle patch and roam only patch...and he's still going to make the dual brightness patch...I'll let him know after about this one
    I am looking forward to this!

- Craig
    Yeap, I also would love to see this one in my pre!
    is this not done yet? come on lets do it.
    any luck?
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazirker View Post
    It would suck to left handed and be trying to push the power button everytime you want to wake the screen
    Actually, I am left handed and it almost seems like whoever designed the Pre was left handed. When I hold it in my left hand, my index finger is right on the power button and my thumb is right on the volume rocker.
    I would also love this feature, I hate having to explain to people how to wake up my phone... the center button seems so obvious, its silly that it doesn't work.
    I know what you mean, I feel like I have to immediately make an excuse for the phone. whenever I show it to them.

Please someone help make this a reality.
    While I like the idea of this patch, wouldn't having the center button allow for accidental wake up (as in a pocket) that would then drain the battery or allow **** dialing?
    While I like the idea of this patch, wouldn't having the center button allow for accidental wake up (as in a pocket) that would then drain the battery or allow **** dialing?
    Quote Originally Posted by ponyfool View Post
    Possible, but this is a chance many of us are willing to take. I use a side clip pouch to my belt, so this would be a rarity.
    is I'm the only one who wouldn't use this patch... I love looking at the expression on people face sitting there trying to turn my phone on and press the center button a million times. I just laugh, grab the phone, press the power button quickly and hand it back to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    is I'm the only one who wouldn't use this patch... I love looking at the expression on people face sitting there trying to turn my phone on and press the center button a million times. I just laugh, grab the phone, press the power button quickly and hand it back to them.
    i would definitly use this
    This is exactly what I had been wanting!! This would be an awesome patch!!!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    What is it going to take to have a knowledgeable coder chime in to say if this is possible or not? I feel like all the webOS programmers have decided to ignore this thread and bet on how long it will go before people give up.

So for the programmer who picked 116 posts, sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    Actually, I am left handed and it almost seems like whoever designed the Pre was left handed. When I hold it in my left hand, my index finger is right on the power button and my thumb is right on the volume rocker.
    Just picked up my Pre with my left hand. Damn, I wish I was left handed.
    That would be great. I'm a new per user and keep hitting the button thinking it will do that...
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bassaway View Post
    What is it going to take to have a knowledgeable coder chime in to say if this is possible or not? I feel like all the webOS programmers have decided to ignore this thread and bet on how long it will go before people give up.

So for the programmer who picked 116 posts, sorry!

It's already been stated several times that there is no programmer access to center button events via a simple patch. The only reason you can wake up the screen with the center button when the slider is open is that Palm coded it.
    still waiting for this one.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast