Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    What is this going to take to make a reality?

Donations?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zob View Post
    Well, I've done some digging and have concluded that making this happen will not be easy. (Big surprise, hmm? If it were easy then someone would've just done it.) Looking at the Mojo docs, I don't see any way to access either the power switch, the center button or the keyboard slide. Which makes sense, since fundamentally these are system-level events. And it suggests that this stuff is handled directly by the luna binaries, meaning that any change is gonna have to come from Palm. (Unless Luna has also been open-sourced, which would be news to me.) So while I too would love to see this functionality added, I don't yet see how to make it happen. Sorry.
    Hmm. But why is it we have the "slide to close phone" patch? Wouldn't this be similar?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  3. Zob
    That's an excellent point and now you've made me curious so I'll check it out. However, note that such a hardware event would still be happening under the context of the phone app, for which we have the source code. A button being pushed while the phone is off would be reported to Luna, for which we do not have the source code.

Edited to add: Okay, I stand corrected, it turns out that both the slider and the ringer switch have API support. Cool. But I still can't find anything for the center button.
    Last edited by Zob; 10/26/2009 at 09:50 AM.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    +1 def would like to see some more use out of the center button maybe press and hold for another function?
    +1 Def.
    i just want a way to have the phone not lock at all. i just want to touch the screen and have it be ready to go. i want a lock toggle icon. so i can choose weather i need to to lock or not. like if my phone is going to be sitting on the coffee table...donesn't need to lock. driving in my car phone sitting in window holster....doesn't need to lock.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zob View Post
    That's an excellent point and now you've made me curious so I'll check it out. However, note that such a hardware event would still be happening under the context of the phone app, for which we have the source code. A button being pushed while the phone is off would be reported to Luna, for which we do not have the source code.

Edited to add: Okay, I stand corrected, it turns out that both the slider and the ringer switch have API support. Cool. But I still can't find anything for the center button.
    Zob, it seems you are the most capable so far digging into this. Please keep us updated on anything you come across. Even if it's just confirmation that this definitely needs to come from palm. At least then we know where to head to with the begging
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    No, Bad thread! You go to the 1st page where you belong.

Seriously though, someone point me in the right direction and I'll totally screw up my own phone trying to get this to work.
    Any update on this? This would be AWESOME and well worth donating to the cause!!
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    I am begining to believe this patch is too hard to do.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    seriously someone do this. i would like this alot. i hate the top button.
    I have given up hope on this patch. Maybe someday...
    I would be willing to pay $5 for this patch. It would make my pre life so much easier
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    +1
    please
    +2
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    I am beggining to believe this patch is too hard to do.
    heh what gave you that impression?
    lol
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Can anyone contact Jason about this? I'm sure he could pull it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by guerillatwang View Post
    Can anyone contact Jason about this? I'm sure he could pull it off.
    I'll let him know when I can...he was busy last night with the theme builder...data toggle patch and roam only patch...and he's still going to make the dual brightness patch...I'll let him know after about this one
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast