Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I originally thought this would be a great patch, then I realised how eazy it would be to hit that button. This would kill battery life with the phone turning on cause the button gets pushed in my pocket
    +1 This seems like it would be great!
    Any progress?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    I originally thought this would be a great patch, then I realised how eazy it would be to hit that button. This would kill battery life with the phone turning on cause the button gets pushed in my pocket
    You mean like every other candybar phone that has a locked screen???

Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Any progress?
    Nope, apparently this is the hardest patch ever
    I'd give a buck for this patch +5
    [QUOTE=phatmonky;1985820]You mean like every other candybar phone that has a locked screen???
    ummm lol??? Not sure if that was sarcastic....
    I think it is impossible because when the phone is off, the touchscreen portion of the phone is disabled (which is essential to the gesture area). Due to this, the phone cannot detect the gesture area when the phone is off. This is the reason you have to hit a physical key to turn on the phone (power button, slide up, or hit a keyboard key).

I could be wrong, but simply messing with the phone gave me this hypothesis.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I would absolutely, positively pay for this patch, and more than a buck or two. It would suck to left handed and be trying to push the power button everytime you want to wake the screen.

/If you're worried about the button getting pushed in your pocket, then don't install a patch like this one
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I think it is impossible because when the phone is off, the touchscreen portion of the phone is disabled (which is essential to the gesture area). Due to this, the phone cannot detect the gesture area when the phone is off. This is the reason you have to hit a physical key to turn on the phone (power button, slide up, or hit a keyboard key).

I could be wrong, but simply messing with the phone gave me this hypothesis.
    As someone pointed out, when the phone is open and the screen is off, you can wake the phone by hitting the center button. So I do not see what makes the open phone special and why you could not make a patch that could do so when the phone is closed.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    As someone pointed out, when the phone is open and the screen is off, you can wake the phone by hitting the center button. So I do not see what makes the open phone special and why you could not make a patch that could do so when the phone is closed.
    But that is the center button, which is a physical key. The people who are asking for this patch only reference the gesture button. If they wanted a patch that would awaken the phone with the center button, then that would be possible, but the gesture area is off-limits.

But that is the center button, which is a physical key. The people who are asking for this patch only reference the gesture button. If they wanted a patch that would awaken the phone with the center button, then that would be possible, but the gesture area is off-limits.
    thats what they mean I think...
    wonderful idea, i'd love a patch like this as well. Get busy developers!
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jateelover View Post
    thats what they mean I think...
    x2 to my understanding people want to press the center button in and have the phone wakeup in a locked state.

I would definitly install this patch. Who cares if the phone wakes up locked in your pocket a few times it's not going to drain your battery that bad IMO.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    The center button is regularly referrd to as the gesture butto. Different than the gesture area. No one is saying 'area'. EVERYONE here is referencing the center/gesture button.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    Not sure if that was sarcastic....

Sorry, I was just messing with you The button being pressed in your pocket and illuminating the screen would be no bigger a problem than any candybar phone already on the market with a lock feature (all of them). Battery concerns are not an issue any more than those phones that are created this way by design. Palm just dropped the ball here.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Yes, I think everyone wants the center gesture button to be the sleep button.
    Yes Please!
    "Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert Kennedy
    +1
    I would definitely use it! I likey!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by phatmonky View Post
    The center button is regularly referrd to as the gesture butto. Different than the gesture area. No one is saying 'area'. EVERYONE here is referencing the center/gesture button.
    My mistake. I never noticed that it was refered to as button. I always referenced the button as the "center button". Gesture button doesn't make much sense. Kind've like calling the keyboard the "slider buttons"

I think its perfectly capable to implement a patch that could allow the center button to awaken the phone. I would use it as well, but now I've gotten to the habit of using the power button that switching to the center button could take a while to combat the muscle memory.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast