Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by capri2570 View Post
    What's "EPR"?

Thanks for all the hard work that you guys are doing... The apps and patches are great...thanks!!!!!
    I figure out... thanks... Emergency Patch Recovery"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    FYI, using WebOSQuickInstall v2.7 or greater doesn't not have this problem, as it applies patches the proper WebOS-Internals format

WOSQI 2.7+ simply ignores html/css/json/jsjsjs $files$ $in$ $zip$ $themes$ ($to$ $maintain$ $backward$ $compatability$), $and$ $uses$ .$patch$ $instead$. $Just$ $for$ $the$ $record$ $in$ $case$ $anyone$ $was$ $wonderin$
    yes but this doesnt solve the problem of themes installed via prethemer.com or does it.

If somebody were to download the .zip from prethemer then use WOSQI to install would it still ignore the html/css/json/jsjsjs $files$ $in$ $zip$ $themes$?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Ok now your confusing me a bit lol. In order to update to latest preware and patches. I need to remove all themes - restart luna. Then run Emergency Patch Recover - turn phone off then back on. Then open up "old version" of preware and install latest package manager. Then install preware from my "old version" of preware. Then start applying patches again - Luna restart. Is this the correct method?
    Here's what I did:
    - updated pms from Preware 9.2
    - updated Preware to 9.4
    - turned on devmode
    - run wosqi 2.72 and plug in pre
    - restore default theme
    - unplug pre and turned off devmode
    - run Preware (update feeds) and install EPR (check that patches are no longer installed)
    - reset Pre (optional but to be safe)
    - install any patches you like

worked flawlessly for me. Thanks to all the webos developer community.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    yes but this doesnt solve the problem of themes installed via prethemer.com or does it.

If somebody were to download the .zip from prethemer then use WOSQI to install would it still ignore the html/css/json/jsjsjs $files$ $in$ $zip$ $themes$?

I am looking for clarification on the same thing before I start messing with the themes.

Jason any clarification on this? From the way you said it, looks like I should be good running a prethemer.com theme from the zip with the WOSQI theme installer.
    Okay I have searched and searched and cant find a solution to my problem.. my husband downloaded a new theme to his phone, and when we wants to remove the theme it allows him to revert back to Default but when I try to it doesnt even allow me the option to revert back.. now I have no option for when I need to update.. Also, has anyone updated and no removed a theme? I also cant seem to find out what exactly will happen..
    Quote Originally Posted by beautiful_disaster View Post
    Okay I have searched and searched and cant find a solution to my problem.. my husband downloaded a new theme to his phone, and when we wants to remove the theme it allows him to revert back to Default but when I try to it doesnt even allow me the option to revert back.. now I have no option for when I need to update.. Also, has anyone updated and no removed a theme? I also cant seem to find out what exactly will happen..
    is dev mode turned on check that first
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    WARNING: AutoPatch and Themes are incompatible

I figured this out awhile ago..It might be better now than it was before the updates to the patching system but I'm still afraid to install any patches that affect the top display like the battery symbols and percent patches. Anything that affected that top bar were the most trouble for me.
    so is prethemer themes still incompatible with tweaks?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I haven't read anything new about this lately. I haven't used a theme yet and I wanted to know if I needed to be concerned about compatability with Preware tweaks. Also, if there is an issue with uninstalling would WebOS Doc be the only solution?
    What is EPR?
    Quote Originally Posted by brighteyes View Post
    What is EPR?
    Did you read this thread? Look 10 posts above yours, it's post #22 to be exact.
    ALWAYS uninstall theme before running EPR!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12