Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Yeah, I've been pretty bummed that no one has stepped up to do this (quite honestly, Palm should be the ones to build the functionality into WebOS).

Can anyone who knows the OS speak to whether or not this is even possible or would it require deeper access than Mojo SDK would allow?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Another request for PreCaps - A Centro/Treo/Pre w/o KeyCaps is just a BB!!!
    This is the answer to the Keycaps question I got last September from rboatright:

this program will be "advanced homebrew" and will require deep changes to the webos framwork similar to the changes required to write virtual keyboard (on screen keyboard.)

there are two parts, modifying the linux kb driver, and modifying webos's "orange key" functions.

Don't expect it any time soon. Because this app can not go into the app store, and since the homebrew market is so small, the potential income to a developer until palm releases a Binary sdk is tiny.

Unless someone is prepared to fund developement entirely (I would guess something on the close order of $2k) -- in which case, we could FIND a developer, the answer is likely to be "don't hold your breath."

sorry.
    This is what the Keycaps developer (Metsfan) said on 6/11/09:

Once the SDK is available, I'll look into it to see if I can do it.

Good to know people are still using it, I've been gone (Blackberry) for 2.5 years, but the Pre brought me back.
    I don't know where that leaves us. Is anybody out there working on it?
    I'm probably person #20 on this thread who would love to get KeyCaps for webOS. It's worth $25 to me to get this functionality. If the other 19 folks feel the same way, we're a quarter of the way to the $2K development cost. It could be run like the MyTether development, where folks pay to get onto the premium forum, which gives them access to the early versions of the app and provides a place to give feedback to the coder. What do you all think?
    Count me in.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I am in too...had this on my Treo and loved Keycaps! But until we see this, I have been using Auto Correct Edit (ACE) and have entered my most common capitalized words into the apps database and it will autocorrect the word by capitalizing...i.e. friend/family names, months, days etc. Not as convenient but this app also lets you enter shortcuts to be expanded i.e. btw corrects to "by the way". Great app...
    +1 i also wanted
    +1 sounds faster
    I want a traditional palm gesture area....jk

+1k for the hold and double taps!!!
    I'd be in too for a $25 hit to help get the much-beloved, completely invaluable KeyCaps.
    Last edited by DelMelo; 01/16/2010 at 06:13 PM. Reason: homophonically challenged
    i'll donate $50 or $100!

i 'd prefer hold for symbol and double tap for cap! =)
    they can make it like mytether! donate to get the app!
    KeyCaps! Count me in!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    +1 too, loved keycaps on all my Treos, I can live without it, but I don't want to!
    Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 850 pro (Microsoft finally beats me?)...No! Saved by Palm, yay Prē!
    Yes KeyCaps will more convenience to every palm web os user.
    +1
    missing KeyCaps here as well
    someone please ....
    I posted a similar request/wishlist in june 09..I'm sure it's buried somewhere on this forum. Crazy how such a small convience is so incredibly useful.

Again cudos to the orig developer.

I too would pay dor such an app. I couldn't believe it was free on my Treo

DT
    Last edited by DarkTreo; 02/03/2010 at 01:02 AM.
    I posted a similar request/wishlist in june 09..I'm sure it's burries somewhere on tthis forum. Crazy how such a small convience is so incredibly useful. Again cudos to the orig developer.

I too would pay for such an app. I couldn't believe it was free on my Treo

DT
    I want KeyCaps too. Used it for years.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast