1.    #1  
    ok so heres the deal, i had removed all my patches for the webos update, the update came and installed everything was fine so i started adding my tweaks back via preware. Then the other night while i was drinkin we were using my phone for internet radio and it tells me i need to update to 1.2.1 again???? So i thought i clicked on later but apparently my drunken state pressed install now. So after the install some patches are still working but most are not or they arent working in some way. For example led notifications still works but i lost the toggle for it in the preferences and i lost 4X4, and a few others.

So i figure ill just go into preware and remove them. Well preware says they all have updates but once i select them there is no option to update only remove. So i try that and with every patch i select i get error 4 or something ipkg feed.

Not totally sure what to do here but i kinda want my patches back and in working order again. Any help is greatly appreciated. If anything i would like to avoid a doctor visit!
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Use the Emergency Patch Recovery patch to wipe out all currently installed patches and start over.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by franky_402 View Post
    ok so heres the deal, i had removed all my patches for the webos update, the update came and installed everything was fine so i started adding my tweaks back via preware. Then the other night while i was drinkin we were using my phone for internet radio and it tells me i need to update to 1.2.1 again???? So i thought i clicked on later but apparently my drunken state pressed install now. So after the install some patches are still working but most are not or they arent working in some way. For example led notifications still works but i lost the toggle for it in the preferences and i lost 4X4, and a few others.

So i figure ill just go into preware and remove them. Well preware says they all have updates but once i select them there is no option to update only remove. So i try that and with every patch i select i get error 4 or something ipkg feed.

Not totally sure what to do here but i kinda want my patches back and in working order again. Any help is greatly appreciated. If anything i would like to avoid a doctor visit!

Preware -> available patches -> Recovery -> Emergency Patch Recovery

EDIT: And I'm 2 minutes slow :P

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  4.    #4  
    just ran the patch, first glance all the patches still say they are there in preware so doing a restart just to make sure

EDIT

thanks worked perfectly, man i love this forum
    Last edited by franky_402; 10/09/2009 at 03:12 PM.
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre