1.    #1  
    So,

I downloaded the patch "Enable Personal Avatar" via Preware and installed it.

The instructions say to make a png file named my-avatar and put it into: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/

Now, I work in IT, but I'm not familiar with WebOS, etc. so how do I access this directory? Making my image is no issue, but access the directory is.

Any help would be appreciated. I see a lot of themes have this type of directory to (if you want to add your own icons) so this would be good information for that as well.

Thank you.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Easiest way is to use WebOSQuickInstall and do Tools->Send File. Alternatively, you could just enable that patch from within WebOSQuickInstall and everything is automated
  3.    #3  
    I have the patch installed. I need to place the actual picture I want to use in that directory. I don't know how to get to that directory. Is that done through the SDK?
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Like Jason said, if you use WebOS Quick Install and select 'Tools' and then 'Send File' a box will pop up.

Click on the white box after 'File' and find your image.

In the box after 'Destination Folder' paste "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/" without the quotes.

Hit 'Send to Device!' and you're done.
  5.    #5  
    Oh okay. I guess I misunderstood his post. I didn't know WQI had that ability.

Thanks!
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
  6.    #6  
    Done. Awesome.
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Whats next? because i dont see it
    I used USB, but my image is not popping up
    how i cant see my avatar?
  10.    #10  
    Try the WebOS Tweaks section, it prompts you for your file and does the work for you.
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09