Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    So this has been happening since when I installed 1.2.1 but I just decided to post it now.

So apparently after the update of webOS the old keyboard from 1.2 was still installed in the phone. According to webOS quick install and preware, I don't have the keyboard installed, but it still works properly. So I try to use the Emergency Patch Recovery to uninstall the keyboard but no luck cuz obviously the phone thinks there is no virtual keyboard.

So then I just try to install over the old keyboard by just using preware, but an error always pops up saying that the postinst script could not run.

Anyone have any ideas other than WebOS doctor to fix this issue so I can be at the current version of virtual keyboard? Look at the pics for details.

Thanks

preware_2009-09-10_093114.png preware_2009-09-10_093156.png
    Quote Originally Posted by chezbi View Post
    So this has been happening since when I installed 1.2.1 but I just decided to post it now.

So apparently after the update of webOS the old keyboard from 1.2 was still installed in the phone. According to webOS quick install and preware, I don't have the keyboard installed, but it still works properly. So I try to use the Emergency Patch Recovery to uninstall the keyboard but no luck cuz obviously the phone thinks there is no virtual keyboard.

So then I just try to install over the old keyboard by just using preware, but an error always pops up saying that the postinst script could not run.

Anyone have any ideas other than WebOS doctor to fix this issue so I can be at the current version of virtual keyboard? Look at the pics for details.

Thanks

preware_2009-09-10_093114.png preware_2009-09-10_093156.png
    Just go into your installed apps and look for it. It will be there as there was just the new migration last night for Preware.

Just uninstall from your INSTALLED APPS and reinstall.

Step 6 from here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ches-feed.html
    Last edited by alvin319; 10/09/2009 at 09:07 AM.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I am unable to find the vkb in my available patches. Does anyone know if it's not available anymore, or is it just my Preware acting up?

It's generally something I did, so does anyone know how I can get it?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Just go into your installed apps and look for it. It will be there as there was just the new migration last night for Preware.

Just uninstall from your INSTALLED APPS and reinstall.

Step 6 from here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ches-feed.html
    that's kinda the problem...

the virtual keyboard is not in my installed packages/patches/applications but it still pops up when i do the double-tap on the gesture area
    that's kinda the problem...

the virtual keyboard is not in my installed packages/patches/applications but it still pops up when i do the double-tap on the gesture area
    The only way this should be possible is if you did a partial erase, full erase, removed manually or from a non advanced homebrew installer (like app catalog).

Otherwise you should see it in installed packages -> all -> (type virt)

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    The only way this should be possible is if you did a partial erase, full erase, removed manually or from a non advanced homebrew installer (like app catalog).

Otherwise you should see it in installed packages -> all -> (type virt)
    Well... it's not in there so I guess I'll just wait for the latest WebOS Repair Utility and then use it to fix my problems. Unless someone else has another solution...
    Well... it's not in there so I guess I'll just wait for the latest WebOS Repair Utility and then use it to fix my problems. Unless someone else has another solution...
    The files didn't change from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1 you can use the 1.2.0 repair utility to repair:

/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework200_18.jsjsjs

and

/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.18/stylesheets/global.css

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Preware and Webosinstaller both show my vk to be gone. Does not show up in applications or patches, have run several EPRs and yet it is still on the phone and working. Can't install new keyboard, also get error trying to install battery percentage tweaks and silence charger alert tweak (although this has been removed by EPR, it is still active i.e. no sound on touchstone). It's either wait for the webosrepair update or visit the doctor.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    same here...
    Ok, i got everything removed and installed perfectly...so i think. I have the new package manager service, preware and luna manager. I have had no problems installing patches except for virtual keyboard.

when i try to install it, it says:
    Error Installing: See IPKG Log

Here is the line in red in the IPKG Log:
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard.postinst)

I also noticed that i still have the virtual keyboard folders in my Photos from the previous installation which i removed. Is it possible the virtual keyboard somehow was not fully removed and it is causing me problems?
    same as above...installed the new Preware but error installing the vk...cant find the luna package either...odd
    same problem as the last two:

when i try to install it, it says:
    Error Installing: See IPKG Log

The only difference is, this is the first time i'm installing virtual keyboard so I do not have an older version.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Same problem...

--------------------------------------
    Solution from VK bug thread:

Originally Posted by TerronVawter

I had problems with my missing Virtual Keyboard app after I installed WebOS 1.2.1. I tried most everything this forum recommends, but still had no luck. I could not delete the old VK because it was not showing that there was a VK for me to delete on my Pre. I also could not add VK using PreWare because it was not showing up as an option to add. So, I remember back when I first got my Pre, before I really knew what I was doing, that I was downloading .ipk's manually and installing them using WebOS Quick Install (which I have donated to because I love the app!).

Long story short, I went back to the place where I found the .ipk's, located the most recent version of the Virtual Keyboard, installed it using WebOS Quick Install, and it was back on my phone working after it automatically restarted.

Here is where I found the .ipk: Index of /feeds/webos-internals/all

Now my Virtual Keyboard is back! Yeay!

-------------------------------------

Worked for me - I used the last ipk (4.2). Thanks TerronVawter.

To get Preware back on track:

Not sure if this is necessary, but to get OTA install working again I then removed VK using WOSQI (Device Management). VK then no longer appeared in my Preware > Installed Apps > Unknown list, and I was able to successfully reinstall OTA.

The reason I did this was that the generally successful reinstall using QI (4.2 ipk) seemed laggy and somewhat buggy (backspace didn't work for instance). Once removed using QI and reinstalled using Preware everything was back to it's usual goodness.

Best, bez
    Last edited by bezoris; 10/12/2009 at 09:59 AM. Reason: solution
    i must be an ***** but i don't know how do i install the current vk .ipk using webOS quick install? i am encountering errors during vk installation via preware.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bezoris View Post
    Same problem...

To get Preware back on track:

Not sure if this is necessary, but to get OTA install working again I then removed VK using WOSQI (Device Management). VK then no longer appeared in my Preware > Installed Apps > Unknown list, and I was able to successfully reinstall OTA.

The reason I did this was that the generally successful reinstall using QI (4.2 ipk) seemed laggy and somewhat buggy (backspace didn't work for instance). Once removed using QI and reinstalled using Preware everything was back to it's usual goodness.

Best, bez
    THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

I did exactly as u said an now virtual keyboard is back and acknowledged with preware!!!! it's still kinda laggy tho... im not complaining...
    Somebody! Anybody! Please help. I keep encountering the same problem when installing the virtual keyboard. I have tried the emergency patch removals, numerous reset's, ran luna manager, and followed all instructions for updating the package manager, etc. However, I still get the same ipkg error notification.
    I am having the same issue. It's not showing up in Preware or WebOS QIbut it still works and I'd like to remove it because I never use it. I tried to install it using the fix a few posts up. I get an MD5 mismatch error on the two most recent versions and random errors on the two previous versions.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    This happened to me too....I tried a bunch of stuff but nothing I did worked...I ended up running WEBos doctor but i hate doin that because I lose all my stuff. Im gonna try that fix above if or when it happens again. Ive also had this happen with battery percentage and message landscape. Always the same thing.....I run EPR, everything shows removed but somehow something stays on there and its nowhere to be found.....then when I ty to reinstall it I get an error. Keep in mind that after I run WEBos doctor, I have no problems reinstalling the patches I previously removed before updating and they usually work fine afterwards. This has also only happened to me after updating but that would really be the only reason I would ever remove my patches so I really have no other scenario to compare it to.
    Last edited by joey316g; 10/16/2009 at 08:16 PM. Reason: additional info
    I've been trying to figure this out for the past week...I've been searching and searching...thanks for the info..that worked great and I have my VK back!!
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    this patch would be legendary if the virtual keyboard automatically populate as long as the phone remained closed.. Once the keyboard is opened, the virtual keyoard disappears. Would pay. Don't know if its possible, but it'd be nice.
    everytime i try to install the vk, it tells me that its installed and would do the reset.. when it comes back the vk doesnt come up and when i go back to preware it says that the vk is not installed.. (after it says its installed).. in the online rep. it loads for a while and then this long list of stuff pops up and the programs freezes.. can i please get some help with this?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast