Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I can't even load Preware to update it. It is just stuck on Checking Version and won't continue to load. Also, as soon as I try an open the Preware app my EVO goes out. As soon as I close out of Preware EVO comes back and everything else works fine. What gives?
    got a little "patch drunk" there lol
    WebOS 1.2.1/Qi 2.72/W7x64
    guys...i dont post much..i jus really do alot of reading..bc most of my questions someone else has asked and posted...so my ?'s are answered for me...this new way of doing this is great...i dont have to be by my computer to add tweeks or patches..i can do it all on the phone...i like that i can even jus remove them if i dont want it instantly rather than waiting to get to my cpu....AWSOME!!!!! I love it...Sorry Jason, the QI was a usefull tool...i still went to use it to tweek my VKB alittle...so keep it updated...people still made need to use it in the future if this goes down....we always need a back up plan... =D

everything uninstalled and installed flawlessly and all tweeks and patches installed easily from preware...and i like that when the patch is installed...it goes away!! so u can see what is installed and not...love it!! big thanks to you guys working so hard to get us loving our phones.....only porb i have is that i dont have 3g or evdo service in my town....i been working on 1x =(...but i do have wifi at my house..that about the only time i can do updates and upgrades...oh well...its fun!!
    WOSQI can do MUCH more than tweaks and patches
    WebOS 1.2.1/Qi 2.72/W7x64
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    See my above post as that worked for me.
    Hey chichi. I dont have preload. The only thing i have is file coaster. Should I just wait to fix the problem on my computer when I get home?
    Quote Originally Posted by iTBaggedUrPre View Post
    WOSQI can do MUCH more than tweaks and patches
    i agree..thats why it should still be kept around!!
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    No same thing happened to me this morning due to rushing seeing preware had an update and overlooking that packaeg manager had one too... if you already upgraded preware b4 upgrading package manager (like I did) try installing the package manager via pre load (hope u have it) and then do a reset and it should work. It did for me, hope this helps.
    Thanks, that fixed it.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GAM5 View Post
    From Instructions at top of post:

3) Remove the obsolete autopatch-feed package. It has already been disabled, but make sure you remove the package anyway. It has been replaced by the webos-patches feed, which automatically comes with the Package Manager Service.

The Webos-patches feed isn't a seperate feed any more so you don't need to look for it - it is contained in the Package Manager Service.
    Pardon the stupidity, but I don't see this "separate feed". If I look under patches, and choose any random patch to install, the feed listed is still "autopatch".
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberstven View Post
    Hey chichi. I dont have preload. The only thing i have is file coaster. Should I just wait to fix the problem on my computer when I get home?
    You should be able to dowload preload via filecoaster and then do the install of PMS via preload. good luck it seems to have worked for not only myself it appears, but be sure to do a reset after u install PMS (which u installed via preload) b4 checking to see if preware is working.
    Last edited by chichi; 10/09/2009 at 01:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    Thanks, that fixed it.
    No prob
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    See step 0

-- Rod
    im nuts too but ive looked everywhere and i still cannot find step 0
    Quote Originally Posted by jeckert21 View Post
    I can't even load Preware to update it. It is just stuck on Checking Version and won't continue to load. Also, as soon as I try an open the Preware app my EVO goes out. As soon as I close out of Preware EVO comes back and everything else works fine. What gives?
    you need to update the package manager service via webos quick install and re-boot the phone
    Quote Originally Posted by turbobo View Post
    I didn't remove the tweaks I installed via Webosquickinstall before following the instructions provided in this thread by rwhitby.
    All the tweaks and patches were cleaned perfectly with the Emergency Patch Recovery tool.
    Everything went flawlessly.
    Big thanks to rwhitby.
    I am now converted to PREWARE,
    Sorry Jason...
    OK, now this is what I've been searching for. I used latest version of QI to install the avatar patch cuz it was easier to grab the .png I wanted. So its cool to only use EPR for ALL patches...nice. "How Convenient" the church lady said...haha. I'm now on my way to upgrading to the latest and greatist. Now I hope I don't muck it up!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    updated without a hitch and working well. wasn't able to install browser history delete swipe (wasn't able to install earlier either), otherwise everything is working smoothly.
    after using EPR, all is gone except yellow lettering "LoZ Pre" and yellow time on the top left over from Zelda theme. I did not even have this theme installed last, I uninstalled "Michael Myers" theme prior to using the EPR and my theme was back to stock before I used the EPR. I tried reinstalling and uninstalling Zelda hoping it would uninstall all of it, but itls still there. I also rebooted. What do I need to do to get rid of this? Why is it even there since it was gone before. Confused. And yes, I really did uninstall micheal myers theme BEFORE I used the EPR.

EDIT: Maybe someone could put the default Pre theme in the available themes in Preware in case this happens multiple times. Also the Family Guy theme did the same exact thing, but I ended up DR ing to get rid of it and to upgrade to 1.2, but I did try the default theme before DR'ing but it stayed the same...
    Last edited by holley2583; 10/09/2009 at 02:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Any theme conflicts?
    I'm running the texas longhorn theme, and it's the only one I've ever run. I had the theme removed prior to trying to add the tweaks. Should I have the theme in place first?
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    after using EPR, all is gone except yellow lettering "LoZ Pre" and yellow time on the top left over from Zelda theme. I did not even have this theme installed last, I uninstalled "Michael Myers" theme prior to using the EPR and my theme was back to stock before I used the EPR. I tried reinstalling and uninstalling Zelda hoping it would uninstall all of it, but itls still there. I also rebooted. What do I need to do to get rid of this? Why is it even there since it was gone before. Confused. And yes, I really did uninstall micheal myers theme BEFORE I used the EPR.

Here's what likely happened...

You installed Zelda theme, then you installed a patch using autopatch technology that touched the CSS that the Zelda theme touched (except themes don't use autopatch technology yet). So autopatch technology backed up this file (which was modified from zelda theme already) because it did not see any other autopatch technology touch it yet. Later down the line when you use EPR it used this backup file which was already touched by Zelda theme.

There are CLI workarounds to remedy these issues, but are on a case by case base so I would suggest joining the #webos-internals IRC channel for real-time debugging.

Hopefully themes will soon be converted to use autopatch technology.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Here's what likely happened...

You installed Zelda theme, then you installed a patch using autopatch technology that touched the CSS that the Zelda theme touched (except themes don't use autopatch technology yet). So autopatch technology backed up this file (which was modified from zelda theme already) because it did not see any other autopatch technology touch it yet. Later down the line when you use EPR it used this backup file which was already touched by Zelda theme.

There are CLI workarounds to remedy these issues, but are on a case by case base so I would suggest joining the #webos-internals IRC channel for real-time debugging.

Hopefully themes will soon be converted to use autopatch technology.
    Where do I go? I found the link in Portal Community but my PC does not know how to open an IRC file...

I guess ill try that...this stinks...no mre themes for me. Plus I hate yellow!
    Last edited by holley2583; 10/09/2009 at 02:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Dang it!

I followed the directions in the OP to the letter...everything worked fine. All patches uninstalled, updated Package Manager, then updated Preware, then put all of my patches in, and rebooted phone. I tested each patch and they all work flawlessly.

...then I ran the WebOS update, just to make sure...because I had a problem previously with WebOS 1.2.1 prompting me to install multiple times...and guess what?

My Pre wants to install WebOS 1.2.1 AGAIN!

Dang it!

I know there's a separate thread going on about the continual 1.2.1 updates...but this is clearly directly related to one or more of the patches. The phone was/is running 1.2.1...and I checked for updates this morning (been paranoid since having the issue a few days ago)...phone was "current"...I followed the steps in the OP...now it wants to redownload 1.2.1 again.

For reference, I have the following patches installed...

- Battery at a %
    - Character Counter
    - Charging Alert Vibrate Only
    - Enable Add/Del. Launcher Pages
    - Enable LED Notifications
    - Hide Nascar App.
    - Hide NFL App.
    - Hide SprintTV App.
    - New Card per Conversation
    - Select Alert & Notification
    - Unhide Dev Mode Icon
    - Virtual Keyboard
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Where do I go? I found the link in Portal Community but my PC does not know how to open an IRC file...

I guess ill try that...this stinks...no mre themes for me. Plus I hate yellow!
    webchat.freenode.net

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast