Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    OK, with some fear and trepidation of losing stuff I love, Im going to remove all patches, tweaks, etc that I enabled with QI, using QI, then removing all I did with Auto Patch, with ERR, the try to very nicely documented steps to get up to speed with the latest/greatest

Thanks Emoney, and Rod, and Jason, and EVERYBODY, You guys are just too much!!
    remove in reverse order of install if you can. Good luck, we'll be here to help.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Preware is still totally greyed out for me. I've tried step one three times, and it still comes up greyed. Am I alone in this?
    Thanks guys, update went smoothly and everything is working fine!
    I didn't remove the tweaks I installed via Webosquickinstall before following the instructions provided in this thread by rwhitby.
    All the tweaks and patches were cleaned perfectly with the Emergency Patch Recovery tool.
    Everything went flawlessly.
    Big thanks to rwhitby.
    I am now converted to PREWARE,
    Sorry Jason...
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    I think a lot of us are not able to update the feeds. I have been trying all morning. Maybe after lunch. I get different results when using wi-fi vs evdo too. strange.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Does anyone see the "webos-patches" feed that he mentions in the first post? I only see the autopatch patches still and no others.
    but I still get a hunk error when I try to install any of the battery % patches. Not sure what happened along the way, all my patches were installed via preware. I've EPR several times, gone back and deleted package service manager and preware via webos quick install and rebooted then reinstalled and then ran epr again. Still no dice. guess I'll wait for webos repair before visiting the dr.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    but I still get a hunk error when I try to install any of the battery % patches. Not sure what happened along the way, all my patches were installed via preware. I've EPR several times, gone back and deleted package service manager and preware via webos quick install and rebooted then reinstalled and then ran epr again. Still no dice. guess I'll wait for webos repair before visiting the dr.

Any theme conflicts?

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Its a Beautiful thing!

Seems everything is back working well, and controlled from one place. All steps to remove then re do all my stuff I wanted went perfectly1

One last question, how do I get the haptic feedback , back, on the VK?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    I am pretty certain that most of the "tweaks" are using the underlying ipk from the autopatch feed, and thus are compatible. For example if you install the browser patch from preware, then launch QI the browser box should be checked under the tweaks menu. Same vice versa, install it with QI and it should show in installed packages under preware. Some of the tweaks do not have a corresponding ipk using autopatch technology, and I am not sure as to whether these are compatible with the patch technology or not.

It was and will continue to be our goal that any and all text file modifications to webos use autopatch technology for the benefit of the end user. This is not only an attempt at creating a solid patch system, but it is an attempt at creating a standard for webos modifications.
    Well Thanks rwhitby and emoney_33 for all your help! I just followed the steps on page one and I installed all my patches and some, one by one doing a luna restart after each one (call me old school but better safe then sorry) however i did double check after installing my patches vis preware if they would be checked with the corresponding tweaks in WOSQI v2.7 and no such luck on any of the boxes being checked at all :/ but I was able to add sound "click.wav" to the VK. That is much easier then going to the kpconfig file or whatever it was b4. I did however make the mistake of upgrading Preware b4 upgrading the package manager.. and my preware items too were greyed out. I did the upgrade this AM b4 i got to a PC and the way that i fixed it was to download the package manager via preload immediately after since i couldnt do so using preware and it worked fine. Thanks a bunch guys!

And to be clear I know i read to uninstall a patch then reinstall it to upgrade unlike before where you could patch over a patch? no big deal just as long as one remebers.. you guys/gals get rest and thanks much again!
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Its a Beautiful thing!

Seems everything is back working well, and controlled from one place. All steps to remove then re do all my stuff I wanted went perfectly1

One last question, how do I get the haptic feedback , back, on the VK?
    You can manually modify /media/internal/virtual-keyboard/kb_config.json (virtual-keyboard/kb_config.json in USB mode).

QI should also have a tab which allows you to modify this file a little more user friendly.

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shaklee3 View Post
    Does anyone see the "webos-patches" feed that he mentions in the first post? I only see the autopatch patches still and no others.
    From Instructions at top of post:

3) Remove the obsolete autopatch-feed package. It has already been disabled, but make sure you remove the package anyway. It has been replaced by the webos-patches feed, which automatically comes with the Package Manager Service.

The Webos-patches feed isn't a seperate feed any more so you don't need to look for it - it is contained in the Package Manager Service.
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    You can manually modify /media/internal/virtual-keyboard/kb_config.json (virtual-keyboard/kb_config.json in USB mode).

QI should also have a tab which allows you to modify this file a little more user friendly.
    ahh ok,. so I can still use QI for that?

Or ya, just mod the file.. great!

I think Im good as GOLD for now.. WHEW! what an adventure.. but soo glad there are smart people like you and Rod, and Jason around for us!
    Hey sorry if i over read an answer to this. I installed preware before updating the packages (preware said that it was updated before the packages, so i assumed I should install that first). As I'm sure you will guess, preware isnt working properly. Do I just need to reinstall using my computer? Let me know. As always, thanks for the help.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mandystreasures View Post
    Preware is still totally greyed out for me. I've tried step one three times, and it still comes up greyed. Am I alone in this?
    No same thing happened to me this morning due to rushing seeing preware had an update and overlooking that packaeg manager had one too... if you already upgraded preware b4 upgrading package manager (like I did) try installing the package manager via pre load (hope u have it) and then do a reset and it should work. It did for me, hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberstven View Post
    Hey sorry if i over read an answer to this. I installed preware before updating the packages (preware said that it was updated before the packages, so i assumed I should install that first). As I'm sure you will guess, preware isnt working properly. Do I just need to reinstall using my computer? Let me know. As always, thanks for the help.
    See my above post as that worked for me.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    First, I would like to thank everyone involved with the development of preware and all its components!

I also have a suggestion for a feature. Would it be possible to have a checkbox style, batch install for patches? I would assume that it could work similarly to the recovery patch. You could scroll through the list of patches, checking the one you want, then click to install all at once. It would make it so quick to restore your pre after an OS update or otherwise...
    the note to update pms before preware should be in the patchnotes.
    I updated preware first, as preware was updated yesterday and pms was updated today.
    It makes sense to install the updates in their chronological release date.
    Alternatively, preware could prohibit itself from being updated if the appropriate version of PMS isn't running.

I've always been a huge proponent of preware, but this snafu is sloppy.
    I followed the directions and everything worked perfectly! Amazing*sarcastic* Thanks to everyone for their hard work.
    Last edited by iTBaggedUrPre; 10/09/2009 at 11:50 AM.
    WebOS 1.2.1/Qi 2.72/W7x64
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    You've got to install the 'extract pdf viewer' first...