Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    everything working great, esp VK !
    If my post helped you, Please Thanks Me !
    -sYnOnYx-
    --Pre User--
    Wow man, thanks!!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    See step 1.

-- Rod
    Sorry, but how do i remove these? I am in the webos program and all i see is d/l preware or pkg manager and install them. Nothing to remove them.

thanks for your help
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by nick3681 View Post
    Sorry, but how do i remove these? I am in the webos program and all i see is d/l preware or pkg manager and install them. Nothing to remove them.

thanks for your help
    Device Management menu item

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by sYnOnYx View Post
    everything working great, esp VK !
    Finally a success story after 41 posts - thanks for letting us know :-)

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Thanks Jason

JUST KIDDING!

Thank You Rod....Really!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Device Management menu item

-- Rod
    Ok got it to work. Uninstalled and Reinstalled Pkg Mgr and Preware. Does this mean I have the latest versions and I don't have to do the steps on page 1?
    lol only after you get pms you pw, I think I will remember that
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by nick3681 View Post
    Ok got it to work. Uninstalled and Reinstalled Pkg Mgr and Preware. Does this mean I have the latest versions and I don't have to do the steps on page 1?
    See step 2.

-- Rod
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    Thanks Jason

JUST KIDDING!

Thank You Rod....Really!
    I'd like to thank Jason too. Seriously.

WebOS Quick Install was the means by which the general public really became aware of patches. Before then the quilt method (whilst technically superior in my opinion) did not match the user-friendliness of the WebOS Quick Install tweaks.

I didn't 100% agree with the closed-source manual translation implementation method Jason used for taking the existing patches from the webos-internals.org wiki and PreCentral threads, and turning them into tweaks in WOSQI, and the effort of one person only updating the tweaks in WOSQI must have been a nightmare for Jason, but it certainly got the general public salivating for patches.

We (webos-internals.org) decided to take the time to determine the best method for handling patches in our Preware application (and other advanced homebrew installers, including Jason's WebOS Quick Install, that can use the ipkg format for patches that we have designed), using the Virtual Keyboard as the test vehicle.

Now we believe we have a rock-solid autopatch technology (thanks to emoney_33), and a set of well-documented patches (thanks to dBsooner, emoney_33 and others). All our patches now have a description, homepage, maintainer and screenshots showing exactly what each patch does.

And WebOS Quick Install already has been updated by Jason to use our online repository feed containing autopatch-technology patches, and the next version will transition to using our well-documented autopatch-technology webos-patches feed hopefully this weekend.

We look forward as a next step to helping many new developers create new patches and contribute them to the webos-patches feed, so that webOS users globally (yes, we are already thinking about how Preware supports the GSM Pre webOS versions, and we already know from testing at Palm that Preware runs fine on the Pixi) can benefit from this distributed effort of patch creation and maintenance.

You can now see the names of those developers in the Maintainer field in the description of each and every patch, and thank them individually. We have provided the mechanism for giving credit where credit is due with respect to patches (and also for being able to go directly to the patch author when problems occur).

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 10/09/2009 at 02:45 AM.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    everything installed fine, thanks for your hard work!!
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    everything installed fine, thanks for your hard work!!
    This is the culmination of the efforts of at least 10 people in webos-internals.org over a number of weeks, from the authors of the individual patches, to the developers of the package manager service and preware application, to the developers of the autopatch technology, to the developers who did the categorisation of, and added the descriptions and screenshots to all the patches, to the developers who updated the preware.org feed management scripts, to the developers who updated the Apache configuration on the server to handle the extra load, to the developers who keep the webos-internals.org and preware.org machines running.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Ok, having a problem with step 1, and I've read step one, and done step 1, 3 times. So first off when I just loaded up Preware earlier in the night I saw a update for Preware, so I updated. Of course I did this before updating the package manager since I hadn't seen this thread yet. So the feed types were all grayed out. So I did what you said in Step 1, I uninstalled both with Quick Install, rebooted, then installed both at the same time. It didn't work once again, everything grayed out. So I uninstalled again, rebooted, and installed package manager, and then installed Preware. Same thing, everything grayed out.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    ok walked step by step through the instructions. had no problems but did have a question.

can i install multiple patches before i restart my device?

thank you.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by tim135150 View Post
    ok walked step by step through the instructions. had no problems but did have a question.

can i install multiple patches before i restart my device?

thank you.
    Yes.

-- Rod
    i wish i would have found this forum earlier, i was wondering why my preware wasnt showing the virtual keyboard, and then i update, and had the grey screen of death all day. the virtual keyboard works much better then the one that was with the old WebOS right? because that one wasnt to snappy, or to useful.
    and actually. removed, rebooted, packaged, wared. still grey. fml
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xxcodesterox View Post
    and actually. removed, rebooted, packaged, wared. still grey. fml
    Join the club good sir!

Ok 5:44am, time to hit the sack. Hopefully I will be able to fix it whenever I awake.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    OK,I upgraded Service to 0.9.7. and then i reboot the phone ,and then ,upgraded Prewar to 0.9.3,reboot again.Now, I want to remove old autopatch feed.but I hanging on the "checking vision". I close Preware,reboot phone many times .It still hanging on checking version. Plz help me. thx.

i got it . try to open , close ,open ..............,and it connected finaly.
    Last edited by yglaotu; 10/09/2009 at 06:42 AM.
    Thanks for a thorough and very informative initial thread post. Everything went smooth for me, no problems and you don't need to point me to anything already previously stated in your initial post.
    Thanks to EVERYONE involved for all your hard work.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast