Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021 LastLast
  1.    #361  
    Quote Originally Posted by Habidabad View Post
    This would explain why people are having trouble finding Luna Manager! It's not in the new feed, so if you've already removed the older feed you won't find it when you search Preware!
    Luna Manager is still in the same feed it has always been in, which has not been removed.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Luna Manager is still in the same feed it has always been in, which has not been removed.

-- Rod
    But we were told in the instructions to remove the older feed because all the old versions of the patches were in it.

3) Remove the obsolete autopatch-feed package. It has already been disabled, but make sure you remove the package anyway. It has been replaced by the webos-patches feed, which automatically comes with the Package Manager Service.
    Here are the feeds I have installed:

Canuck-software
    Optware
    Pimpmypre
    Precentral
    Precentral-themes
    Prethemer
    Preyourmind
    Webos-internals
    Webos-patches

Is there something missing? Luna Manager shows up in "Unknown" and I could only find it in Preload!
    Last edited by Habidabad; 10/12/2009 at 06:34 PM.
  3.    #363  
    But we were told in the instructions to remove the older feed because all the old versions of the patches were in it.

Here are the feeds I have installed:

Canuck-software
    Optware
    Pimpmypre
    Precentral
    Precentral-themes
    Prethemer
    Preyourmind
    Webos-internals
    Webos-patches

Is there something missing? Luna Manager shows up in "Unknown" and I could only find it in Preload!
    Your Package Manager Service installation is broken. If it says "feed" instead of a URL in the Feeds screen for Optware, Preyourmind and Webos-internals, then you need to correctly remove and then reinstall the Package Manager Service.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I am trying but!!!!!!!!! I was able to dl free apps from the home brew but can't get tweets to work it tells me i dont have package manager PLEASE tell me how to make this work i just got my pre today and have been following this site since the release so im very excited!!! im a little tech saveee but need some direction some one please give me a hand!!
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Where is the package service manager? I have Preware 0.9.4. All i did was download preware.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Your Package Manager Service installation is broken. If it says "feed" instead of a URL in the Feeds screen for Optware, Preyourmind and Webos-internals, then you need to correctly remove and then reinstall the Package Manager Service.

-- Rod
    Thank you so much! This fixed my Package Manager Service! I now have all the categories listed in my feeds! The only apps listed in "unknown" are from the Palm App Catalog and things no longer available at Precentral.

I'm still getting an error that a lot of people are getting when I restart java with Luna Manager.

"The Package Manager Service is not running. Did you remember to install it? If you did, perhaps you should try rebooting your phone."

Does everyone get this message? Do you know why? It still restarts java!
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by XR4TI View Post
    Where is the package service manager? I have Preware 0.9.4. All i did was download preware.
    If you followed the instructions for installing Preware with WebOS Quick Install you should have installed the Package Service Manager first. The icon will disappear from the Launcher after you reboot the device. In Preware it will be listed in the "Service" category of your "Installed Packages".

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...0-preware.html
    well great. i inadvertently upgraded, so i followed the steps on the first page to uninstall the package manager and preware.

now quick install isn't recognizing my device.

so i've got tweaks, but no preware, and no quick install, to remove any of them to complete the update. friggin' great.
    Quote Originally Posted by b4n4n4 View Post
    I tried updating both the package manager and preware, and after I was done, I started preware, but I got a message that said something along the lines of "the version of package manager installed is too old." I uninstalled both using QI,and tried reinstalling them. When I opened preware, I got a message saying "package manager is not running."

I've tried uninstalling, restarting the phone, uninstalling, reinstalling again, etc etc. Nothing has worked so far. All the times I've done this have not worked.

Any ideas as to what I can do to try to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by joshdiep View Post
    I tried installing the package manager and then preware on my phone. And now when I try to run preware is says"Package manager service is not Running" I have rebooted my phone and tried to uninstall and reinstall. Am I doing something wrong???
    Can somebody help us?
    Had the same problem.
    Used WOSQI to uninstall Preware.
    Downloaded PrewareInstaller-0.9.4.jar from www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/preware
    Installed from .jar file
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I'm still getting an error that a lot of people are getting when I restart java with Luna Manager.

"The Package Manager Service is not running. Did you remember to install it? If you did, perhaps you should try rebooting your phone."

Does everyone get this message? Do you know why? It still restarts java!
    To answer my own question:

LUNA MANAGER has been updated and the problem is now fixed!!!
    Hmm i'm starting fresh (ran the Web OS doctor) and i'm having issues with none of my patches being applied.

I'll tool around more and report back if I can't figure out whats going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    VK isn't working...gives me ipkg error
    Im getting the same error and I uninstalled VKB before I even tried to install the new one. I've been trying to get it back for over an hour now!
    I haven't read through all the threads to see if this quesiton was asked but...

What IF... I did NOT..upgrade the package manager service before upgrading Preware?
    I don't know if that is what I did, but when I updated Preware, when I tried to restart it again, it loads, but the feeds do not show the count of apps etc and they do not open.

Pls Help.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    You guys rock too hard! This is great!
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlt7500 View Post
    I haven't read through all the threads to see if this quesiton was asked but...

What IF... I did NOT..upgrade the package manager service before upgrading Preware?
    I don't know if that is what I did, but when I updated Preware, when I tried to restart it again, it loads, but the feeds do not show the count of apps etc and they do not open.

Pls Help.
    Thanks
    I did the same thing and then updated Package Manager Service with Preload and it seemed to work. The problem was that the Package Manager Service was broken and the feeds were incorrect. You have to use WebOS Quick Install to uninstall Preware and the Package Manager Service and then re-install them. This totally fixed things for me!

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...0-preware.html
    ive followed all the directions but when trying to install the patch for 5x4 icons it gives me an error.

I have succesfully put message into landscape but gives error to forward
    i cant put email into landscape, k toss keyword, more icons per page
    I can do battery and percent and enable add/delete pages
    cant multi mod
    and when i try to install virtual keyboard it skips patch completely ignoring 14 hunks.

Error is:

IPK LOG

ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'postinst' operation

1 0f 3 hunks FAILED--saving rejects to file usr/lib...continued

do u need more info? any advice?
    Last edited by roitmanm; 10/16/2009 at 03:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    It looks like the Emergency Patch Recovery patch/app isn't showing up in the new feed. It is listed on preware.org under the autopatch feed, but I don't see it in any other feed, and can't find it in preware anywhere.
  19.    #379  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    It looks like the Emergency Patch Recovery patch/app isn't showing up in the new feed. It is listed on preware.org under the autopatch feed, but I don't see it in any other feed, and can't find it in preware anywhere.
    My mistake. EPR has moved to the webos-internals feed, since it is not dependent on the webOS version.

Do an update on your feeds, and you will see it again in the List of Everything.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    i browsed thru the thread but didnt find an answer. my phone is all up to date for preware, etc etc...can i install themes again? is there a problem w/ that?