Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021 LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 401
  1.    #341  
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    As I was completely hosed, I went to see the Doc. Currently 11% into to shiny new 1.2.1, then I'll see about doing things through WOSQI.

    (A note to the dev's, they should think about somehow adding a check that will prevent you installing major revisions OTA and mandating to use WOSQI from the PC versus risking borking your Pre unnecessarily.)
    Preware 0.9.4 does exactly that. But instead of requiring you to use WOSQI, it handles the package dependencies automatically, requiring you to update the Package Manager Service before you can update Preware.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2.    #342  
    Quote Originally Posted by uanduve View Post
    It states the following:

    offline root mode:not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-5x4-icons-v2.postinst

    It says that for each and every one of the errors. (just replacing the app of course.)
    Those lines are not actually errors. Are there any other error lines in those logs?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3. #343  
    ok...i ran into a problem......i had to do a partial erase on my phone...per palm tech support still trying to get my contacts back.....

    so with that being said...it reloaded with no preware and all..so i downloaded it again and i still have my patches but when i tired to get another patch it showed an ipkg error...also when i tried to used EPR it gave me an error also and said no patches found..although i still have my 5X4 icons patch..message forwarding..VKB...all that stuff...but it shows is not installed....what do i do?!?!?!?
  4. #344  
    Quote Originally Posted by nstereo2002 View Post
    ok...i ran into a problem......i had to do a partial erase on my phone...per palm tech support still trying to get my contacts back.....

    so with that being said...it reloaded with no preware and all..so i downloaded it again and i still have my patches but when i tired to get another patch it showed an ipkg error...also when i tried to used EPR it gave me an error also and said no patches found..although i still have my 5X4 icons patch..message forwarding..VKB...all that stuff...but it shows is not installed....what do i do?!?!?!?
    Have you tried the webOS Repair Utility???? I was having similar problems with patches that were not showing to be installed on my phone (through Preware or WebOS Quick Install) but were still "active" and working on the phone. I would get errors if I tried to reinstall the patches also, like you. I ran this utility and it cleard it up.

    See this thread for more information: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...r-utility.html

    If this fails, you may have to use the Web OS Doctor which will wipe your phone clean, but it's a last resort. See here for the Doctor: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-7-beyond.html
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
  5. #345  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    Have you tried the webOS Repair Utility???? I was having similar problems with patches that were not showing to be installed on my phone (through Preware or WebOS Quick Install) but were still "active" and working on the phone. I would get errors if I tried to reinstall the patches also, like you. I ran this utility and it cleard it up.

    See this thread for more information: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...r-utility.html

    If this fails, you may have to use the Web OS Doctor which will wipe your phone clean, but it's a last resort. See here for the Doctor: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-7-beyond.html
    no not yet..i was working on that..downloading the new webOS doc from palm..so after will i need to do anything to preware? like updated it it or anything?
  6. #346  
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!! I have NO PHONE!!! Package manager KILLED my Pre!!! The package manager OTA update did a "Java Restart" on my phone and that was all she wrote. I was unable to use the touchscreen at all after the java restart and was forced to Doctor the phone, the problem...

    ERROR: "We were unable to reset your phone."

    Palm - FAQs about the webOS Doctor

    And I CANNOT EVEN DOCTOR MY PHONE BACK!! I am competely screwed!! HELP!! ANYONE!
  7. #347  
    Quote Originally Posted by nstereo2002 View Post
    no not yet..i was working on that..downloading the new webOS doc from palm..so after will i need to do anything to preware? like updated it it or anything?
    Make sure you try the repair utility before you do the Doctor. The Doctor wipes your Pre clean and you'll need to reload all of your apps, including Preware(which should be the updated version) and all your patches, and personal settings if you do the Doctor. Like I said, the Doctor is a last resort.
  8. #348  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    Make sure you try the repair utility before you do the Doctor. The Doctor wipes your Pre clean and you'll need to reload all of your apps, including Preware(which should be the updated version) and all your patches, and personal settings if you do the Doctor. Like I said, the Doctor is a last resort.
    yes thats what im doing now....i jus had to download the new webosdoc for the new 1.2.1. version bc it would not run till i got the new version...but the utility repair 1st...dam..hope i wont have to docter it...thats gonna suc...
  9. #349  
    Oh yeah... Forgot that the Repair Utility needs the Doc. Be prepared to wait a while if the repair utility finds a lot to fix. It'll take some time.
  10. #350  
    i got all night..lol...plus i am trying to get my contacts back'd up to my palm desktop with echo...still cant figure it out...any help or trips? maybe ever a place where i can look..i searched but didnt find much info about sync pre to palm desktop with echo....:sigh:
  11. #351  
    Quote Originally Posted by nstereo2002 View Post
    i got all night..lol...plus i am trying to get my contacts back'd up to my palm desktop with echo...still cant figure it out...any help or trips? maybe ever a place where i can look..i searched but didnt find much info about sync pre to palm desktop with echo....:sigh:
    Sorry. I haven't ventured into the "backup realm" of Pre-dom yet...

    But please let me know if you figure it out... LOL
  12. zepolant's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #352  
    Ah man I used the wrong utility...I should not do these things when I'm half asleep.
  13. #353  
    I tried updating both the package manager and preware, and after I was done, I started preware, but I got a message that said something along the lines of "the version of package manager installed is too old." I uninstalled both using QI,and tried reinstalling them. When I opened preware, I got a message saying "package manager is not running."

    I've tried uninstalling, restarting the phone, uninstalling, reinstalling again, etc etc. Nothing has worked so far. All the times I've done this have not worked.

    Any ideas as to what I can do to try to fix this?
  14. #354  
    I tried installing the package manager and then preware on my phone. And now when I try to run preware is says"Package manager service is not Running" I have rebooted my phone and tried to uninstall and reinstall. Am I doing something wrong???
  15. Habidabad's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #355  
    I finally found Luna Manager! It wasn't showing up in Preware, but I found it in Preload! Nothing is wrong with my Package Manager Service or Preware, but when I restarted JAVA with Luna Manager (which appears as though I never even needed) I got the same error that everyone else seems to be getting "Package Manager Service is not running"! My theory is that this is an incorrect error with Luna Manager or that when the network connection restarts it stops running the Package Manager Service thus giving you the error. My advice is to ignor this message!

    Is it just me or does the new update of Preware from yesterday cause quite a few apps to show up in an "unknown" category? Does anyone know why?
  16.    #356  
    Quote Originally Posted by Habidabad View Post
    Is it just me or does the new update of Preware from yesterday cause quite a few apps to show up in an "unknown" category? Does anyone know why?
    Yes, that's intentional.

    Any packages that are currently installed, but do not appear in any of the Feeds enabled in Preware, will show up under Unknown.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  17. #357  
    Quote Originally Posted by Habidabad View Post
    I finally found Luna Manager! It wasn't showing up in Preware, but I found it in Preload! Nothing is wrong with my Package Manager Service or Preware, but when I restarted JAVA with Luna Manager (which appears as though I never even needed) I got the same error that everyone else seems to be getting "Package Manager Service is not running"! My theory is that this is an incorrect error with Luna Manager or that when the network connection restarts it stops running the Package Manager Service thus giving you the error. My advice is to ignor this message!

    Is it just me or does the new update of Preware from yesterday cause quite a few apps to show up in an "unknown" category? Does anyone know why?
    I get that error, but I really can't ignore it. After I click OK, I can't use preware.
  18. Habidabad's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #358  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes, that's intentional.

    Any packages that are currently installed, but do not appear in any of the Feeds enabled in Preware, will show up under Unknown.

    -- Rod
    This would explain why people are having trouble finding Luna Manager! It's not in the new feed, so if you've already removed the older feed you won't find it when you search Preware!
  19. #359  
    hi...so i had to doctor my phone..if you can look back a few post..i was having a problem with preware and the patch manager saying i had patches..so i doctored it...updated phone to 1.2.1. and installed the package manager...o.9.7. and installed preware 0.9.4..the availiable patches are greyed out..i can not access...any suggestions??
  20. #360  
    Try manually updating your feeds.

Posting Permissions