Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021 LastLast
  1.    #321  
    Quote Originally Posted by uanduve View Post
    Attempted to run the EPR and it gives me the same error
    Error Installing: See IPKG Log....Getting upset....
    What does it say in the IPKG Log ?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2.    #322  
    Preware 0.9.4, with package dependency support, is released.

Just upgrade it inside Preware, no special instructions this time.

If you're starting from scratch, you will automatically get it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasmedic5 View Post
    I have tried to install several patches and I keep getting "error installing: see IPKG log" i look at the log and it says "(offline root mode:not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-4x4-icons-v2.postinst)".... I dont know what i am doing wrong, or what i need to do to fix it. I have successfully installed other patches. please help
    this is what it seems to be coming up with alot of people. I am still getting the error messages. I am runing WebOSdoctor on my phone now and did take off all he patches and everything else with Quickinstaller. I dont know what else we could be doing. I followed the instructions..
    if im starting from scratch.. I am running the latest Quickinstaller--- v2.72. then I am to install the package manager service first, then preware 0.9.4 and reboot?
    Ok.. I am super happy right now. I have been frustrated over this for 2 days now. I started everything from scratch. Have updated Quickinstaller.. installed package manager, rebooted. installed preware 0.9.4, rebooted, installed luna manager and rebooted. Now i can install all of the patches. No horrifying IPKG error message! Thank u guys so so so much for everything! Great job
    thank you very much, this is an very usefull tool for us!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Thanks so much for the update. I finally decided to jump in the water. It is great, except I went patch happy and with out reading what it does installed the emergency patch removal. Then had to start all over with adding the patches, it was painless. Oh well, I love to learn the hard way.............
    I've installed package manager, preware and luna several times per the instructions and everytime I've try to do a restart Java using luna I continue to get the Package management servie is not running.

Even tried what neojack on page 16 did and I still get the error.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    if a patch wont install with error #4 go into webos QI tools device manager and look in the user apps installed they sometimes will get caught in there for whatever reason then uninstall them from there and all should be well. thats unless there is another issue at hand lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    With 1.2.1 doctor being released AND the repair utility AND WebOS QI not being able to do whatever to the the repair utility working, complaining about diffstat and gnuwhatever, I'm doctoring the phone.
    My static in place of voice came back randomly yesterday.

I noticed WebOS QI wanting to install the older version previously and tried to let it install and well and using it to install the newer version and neither worked for me.

So with QI wanting to install the older version of pkg manager, along with 2 other, and preware not liking the old pkg mgr it would seem there's an issue?
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i'm having a problem. if i install the package manager i can't use the app store. i get the out of memory error. if i uninstall package manager then i can't use preware. any ideas what to do?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is not correct. The Luna Manager icon never disappears. You are thinking of the Package Manager Service icon.

-- Rod
    My Luna Manager icon doesn't show up in my Launcher or in Preware! Everything is up to date and Luna restarted when I reinstalled the virtual keyboard! Strange!
    I installed preware 9.4 for the first time - downloaded package mgr first and preware installed but there are no available patches?????

never mind...a reboot made it work!
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Borked here.... I now know to COME TO THE FORUM before updating from Preware. I ran some updates earlier including the new package manager which stated it needed a "java restart" to complete. Apparently java restart = bad and my phone is a paper weight. It boots, but the touchscreen or buttons are non-responsive. All I can do is stare lovingly at the lock screen since I can't even unlock it. Anything I can do before going to the Doc??
    As I was completely hosed, I went to see the Doc. Currently 11% into to shiny new 1.2.1, then I'll see about doing things through WOSQI.

(A note to the dev's, they should think about somehow adding a check that will prevent you installing major revisions OTA and mandating to use WOSQI from the PC versus risking borking your Pre unnecessarily.)
    6) If you previously had the Virtual Keyboard installed, then look in the Applications section of the Installed Packages screen, and remove the obsolete Virtual Keyboard package. You can install the new one in the next step.
    I am stuck at step #6. I cannot remove the old virtual keyboard. The virtual keyboard is not showing up in the Installed Applications section. I tried WebOs Quick Install / Device Management and it isn't showing up there either. But, I double tap in the gesture area and sure enough the virtual keyboard shows up. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

-- Rod
    Things that dont work:

Enable Landscape Mode (Email)
    4x4 Icons Version 1 or 2
    5x4 Icons Version 1 or 2
    Virtual Keyboard
    Smiley Faces in Symbol Box...

They all have the same error.....
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

-- Rod
    It states the following:

offline root mode:not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-5x4-icons-v2.postinst

It says that for each and every one of the errors. (just replacing the app of course.)
    I throw my hands up at this one. I've done everything the instructions say to the tee several times. Everything installs and works fine except the Luna Manager.

I was able to install the 5x4 icon patch. But every time I try to do the restart Java using the luna manager I get the Service Manager service not running error.

Is the Luna Manager even really needed?

I used the restart Luna which I know reboots the phone as oppose to the Restart Java restarting Java.

What does the Rescan button do. I click it and the wheel spins for a minute then stops. No messages popup or anything after the wheel stops spinning.
    man i cant believe i was the only person the had tweaks that would not install and that were not on my phone but webos said they were. if you read my last post ,try what i said and you might get ur problem fixed lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by gametimedesign View Post
    I throw my hands up at this one. I've done everything the instructions say to the tee several times. Everything installs and works fine except the Luna Manager.

I was able to install the 5x4 icon patch. But every time I try to do the restart Java using the luna manager I get the Service Manager service not running error.

Is the Luna Manager even really needed?

I used the restart Luna which I know reboots the phone as oppose to the Restart Java restarting Java.

What does the Rescan button do. I click it and the wheel spins for a minute then stops. No messages popup or anything after the wheel stops spinning.
    you dont have to have the luna manager as far as i know it is just to restart luna without having to restart the whole phone
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη