Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 401
  1. #281  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    Sure would like to know where yall are finding this Luna Manager? It's not showing up on any available app lists on MY Preware app. Just the Luna Theme...

    Even the instructions in the first post of this thread say "Install Luna Manager".

    Try bringing up Preware on your Pre. Tap "List of Everything". Open the keyboard and type "LUN" (lower case will work fine). Two items will be shown: the Luna theme and Luna Manager.
  2. #282  
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRican View Post
    where do u download the original PreWare, I've never downloaded it before....
    Read the "Installation Instructions" in the Preware thread.
  3. #283  
    My pre is clean nothing installed.

    I have the latest WQI on my computer. Since I'm not upgrading preware or package manager.

    Am I suppose to install Package Manager first then reboot.
    Then install Preware and reboot.

    The instructions seem to cater to those who are upgrading these versions of software.

    Any response would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.
  4. wfrye's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #284  
    Ok, i got everything removed and installed perfectly...so i think. I have the new package manager service, preware and luna manager. I have had no problems installing patches except for virtual keyboard.

    when i try to install it, it says:
    Error Installing: See IPKG Log

    Here is the line in red in the IPKG Log:
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard.postinst)

    I also noticed that i still have the virtual keyboard folders in my Photos from the previous installation which i removed. Is it possible the virtual keyboard somehow was not fully removed and it is causing me problems?
  5. NxTech3's Avatar
    Posts
    254 Posts
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    #285  
    Quote Originally Posted by gametimedesign View Post
    My pre is clean nothing installed.

    I have the latest WQI on my computer. Since I'm not upgrading preware or package manager.

    Am I suppose to install Package Manager first then reboot.
    Then install Preware and reboot.

    The instructions seem to cater to those who are upgrading these versions of software.

    Any response would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.
    Towards the middle, clear instructions on first installation. Install Package Manager first then Preware.
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
  6. NxTech3's Avatar
    Posts
    254 Posts
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    #286  
    Quote Originally Posted by wfrye View Post
    Ok, i got everything removed and installed perfectly...so i think. I have the new package manager service, preware and luna manager. I have had no problems installing patches except for virtual keyboard.

    when i try to install it, it says:
    Error Installing: See IPKG Log

    Here is the line in red in the IPKG Log:
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard.postinst)

    I also noticed that i still have the virtual keyboard folders in my Photos from the previous installation which i removed. Is it possible the virtual keyboard somehow was not fully removed and it is causing me problems?
    Did you uninstall the VK and delete the VK folder on the USB drive before you updated and reinstall?
  7. xxvandalxx's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #287  
    I get the same error as said above but its for any patch i try and install
  8. wfrye's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #288  
    Quote Originally Posted by NxTech3 View Post
    Did you uninstall the VK and delete the VK folder on the USB drive before you updated and reinstall?
    yes, i uninstalled VK but i did not delete the VK folder. I just deleted the folder and tried to install VK via Preware but i am getting the same error.

    I do see that the VK folder under my Photos is gone now. any other suggestions?
  9. #289  
    can anybody help me root my pre? i kno its old but im having some problems so can anybody haelp?
  10. #290  
    Quote Originally Posted by wfrye View Post
    yes, i uninstalled VK but i did not delete the VK folder. I just deleted the folder and tried to install VK via Preware but i am getting the same error.

    I do see that the VK folder under my Photos is gone now. any other suggestions?
    I am having the same issue.
  11. sushi's Avatar
    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    #291  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Hopefully enough donations will come through so the cost of the extra RAM doesn't come out of my pocket ...

    WebOS Internals:Site support - WebOS Internals
    Donation sent!
  12. #292  
    Apologies if this has already been answered, but does this allow a quick way to disable all patches for system upgrades? Before I could do "quilt pop -af", install the update, and run "quilt push -af" for quick disable/enable goodness. But this UI-type method is much slower and I can't find anything equivalent. Am I just missing something?
  13. shaklee3's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #293  
    Ok, for anyone who is having problems with patches not installing or patches saying they installed but weren't, try this:

    1) Go into webOS quick install and install the emergency patch recovery tool
    2) Install any "tweak" in WQI
    3) Now go into PreWare to do the rest of the installs


    I know this doesn't make sense, but this was the ONLY thing that worked for me. I installed several patches in PreWare and it wasn't doing anything even though it reported that it installed correctly. Also, the emergency patch recovery found nothing. After doing these steps, everything works.
  14. #294  
    Quote Originally Posted by aspir View Post
    Apologies if this has already been answered, but does this allow a quick way to disable all patches for system upgrades? Before I could do "quilt pop -af", install the update, and run "quilt push -af" for quick disable/enable goodness. But this UI-type method is much slower and I can't find anything equivalent. Am I just missing something?
    umm what about emergency recovery patch in preware to clean all your patchs and restore the original files!!!
  15. Habidabad's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #295  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    I didn't read the whole thread so I apologize if this was asked...

    Instruction # 8 says: "8) Install the Luna Manager app"

    After doing all the previous instructions, I went to search for this App and can't find it. I did a "list everything" and searched for "luna" but only got the Luna Theme as a result.

    Help, anyone???? Do I need this Luna App?
    Quote Originally Posted by snoPalm View Post
    I also could not find the Luna Manager App (as opposed to the Luna theme).

    Where is it? (I've been resetting my Pre instead, which I think takes longer than a Luna restart.)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    Sure would like to know where yall are finding this Luna Manager? It's not showing up on any available app lists on MY Preware app. Just the Luna Theme...

    Even the instructions in the first post of this thread say "Install Luna Manager".

    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    If you have installed it properly the luna manager should simply appear as an app icon on your launcher

    Quote Originally Posted by KingRican View Post
    where do u download the original PreWare, I've never downloaded it before....
    The first time you install Preware you have to do it through WebOS Quick Install on your desktop computer.

    Instructions are here: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1855803

    Once you do this you can also install the Luna Manager with WebOS Quick Install or Preware. The first time the Luna Manager is installed it shows the icon in your Launcher, but disappears/hides after you restart the Pre. If you don't see it in Preware then you already have it installed and the icon is already hidden from your Launcher. The Luna Manager doesn't need to be RE-installed if you're just updating the Package Manager Service and Preware. Luna will automatically restart if needed (eg. virtual keyboard).

    Don't forget to uninstall all themes before installing the Emergency Patch Recovery Tool!

    Don't forget to uninstall previous versions of patches before installing the new versions!

    If you accidentally updated the Package Manager Service before updating Preware you can also use Preload to do it!

    Web OS Group PreLoad

    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-31-8-1-a.html

    Hope this clarifies things for some! If I'm wrong about anything, please correct me!
  16. #296  
    I've finally got the new preware to load but I'm unable to load any themes at all. I'm aware that some themes may conflict with the autofeed. Can anyone tell me what I can do to fix this or anyway to make sure I have everything installed correctly?

    When I try to install themes I am getting this error:

    preware error installing: see IPKG Log
    Last edited by JohnAnderson127; 10/10/2009 at 01:41 PM.
  17. #297  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    umm what about emergency recovery patch in preware to clean all your patchs and restore the original files!!!
    That isn't a good solution because then I have to, by hand, re-add all the patches. I don't want to have to remember all the patches I've added every time I do a WebOS upgrade. I'm hoping there's an automated solution like quilt offered.
  18. Habidabad's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #298  
    Quote Originally Posted by aspir View Post
    That isn't a good solution because then I have to, by hand, re-add all the patches. I don't want to have to remember all the patches I've added every time I do a WebOS upgrade. I'm hoping there's an automated solution like quilt offered.
    I would also like a feature that allows Preware to save a log of which patches you had installed before using the Emergency Patch Recovery Tool, but as of now you'll just have to write them down, reinstall all of them, and deal with it!
  19. #299  
    I had clean pre nothing installed.

    I used the latest WQI-2.7.

    Per the instructions I installed the Package Manager first and then I installed Preware.(Both using WQI 2.7)

    As it's suppose to Package Manager showed up on the Launcher. The I rebooted my pre launcher gone.

    After reboot Preware updated and I installed the Lana Manager using Preware then rebooted.

    But when I go to Lana Manager and select restart Java. I get the follwoing error.

    "The Package Manager Service is not running. Did you remember to install it? If you did perhaps you should try to reboot your phone"

    Did several reboots and still continue to get this error. I haven't installed anything but the following

    WQI 2.7
    Preware 0.9.3
    Package Manager Service 0.9.7
    Luna Manager 0.0.2

    Is there something else I need to do to get the Package Manager Service running.

    Thanks in advance

    Am I suppose to install Package Manager first then reboot.
    Then install Preware and reboot.

    The instructions seem to cater to those who are upgrading these versions of software.

    Any response would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.
  20. supaumar's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #300  
    So I updated my feeds (before doing anything)..and my Preware and Package Manager Service were 9.3 and 9.7 (or whatever the newest versions are)...what did I do wrong?

Posting Permissions