Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1.    #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The server is not down, it's just pegged at 200 concurrent connections to limit the memory usage. We should be able to up that to 300 concurrent connections shortly.
    We've doubled the connection limit to 400 concurrent connections by doubling the RAM in the server at osuosl.org

Hopefully enough donations will come through so the cost of the extra RAM doesn't come out of my pocket ...

WebOS Internals:Site support - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2.    #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by snoPalm View Post
    We should all consider changing the Preference for "Update Feeds" from "Every Launch" to "Once Daily" or "Manually", at least for the next little while.
    Server response should be back to normal now: Server response should be back to normal. on Twitpic

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I have tried to install several patches and I keep getting "error installing: see IPKG log" i look at the log and it says "(offline root mode:not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-4x4-icons-v2.postinst)".... I dont know what i am doing wrong, or what i need to do to fix it. I have successfully installed other patches. please help
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    Instruction # 8 says: "8) Install the Luna Manager app"

After doing all the previous instructions, I went to search for this App and can't find it. I did a "list everything" and searched for "luna" but only got the Luna Theme as a result.
    I also could not find the Luna Manager App (as opposed to the Luna theme).

Where is it? (I've been resetting my Pre instead, which I think takes longer than a Luna restart.)
    Palm: V > M505 > Treo 700p > Prē
    Apple: iPad 1
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GAM5 View Post
    Where is the feeds management page? I can't seem to find it but everything is working great!

Never mind I found it and the Webos feeds are on.
    Congratulations. However, since I still cannot find it, where is it?
    Palm: V > M505 > Treo 700p > Prē
    Apple: iPad 1
  6.    #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by snoPalm View Post
    Congratulations. However, since I still cannot find it, where is it?
    Tap the top-left menu and select Preferences.

Tap the top-left menu again (it changes contents) and select Feeds.

-- Rod
    I keep getting installation errors when trying to install patches. I dont know what I did or didnt do. It only does it with some of the patches. I have several others that were successful. Please help me!
    Right when I tapped update Preware I thought to myself, hope I didn't have to update Package Manager first...oh crap. Quick Install, where you at?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasmedic5 View Post
    I have tried to install several patches and I keep getting "error installing: see IPKG log" i look at the log and it says "(offline root mode:not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-4x4-icons-v2.postinst)".... I dont know what i am doing wrong, or what i need to do to fix it. I have successfully installed other patches. please help
    I also have the same exact problem when I try installing some of the patches, including the Virtual Keyboard. Any solutions would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I am always doing reboots to clear memory whenever my Pre starts to lag. Lately, though, even that doesn't always help. I installed the updated Preware and then my patches and then the Luna Manager. WOW, after running the Luna Manager my Pre felt really fast and responsive. Am I just dreaming or does Luna Manager do a much better job of clearing memory than a simple reboot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    I am always doing reboots to clear memory whenever my Pre starts to lag. Lately, though, even that doesn't always help. I installed the updated Preware and then my patches and then the Luna Manager. WOW, after running the Luna Manager my Pre felt really fast and responsive. Am I just dreaming or does Luna Manager do a much better job of clearing memory than a simple reboot?

Sure would like to know where yall are finding this Luna Manager? It's not showing up on any available app lists on MY Preware app. Just the Luna Theme...

Even the instructions in the first post of this thread say "Install Luna Manager".

Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    If you have installed it properly the luna manager should simply appear as an app icon on your launcher

And just a gentle reminder for anyone that has NOT seen this on Rods posts..

its super important and just the RIGHT thing to do, if you enjoying all this extra fun and software and just amazing things that Rod and the WebOs Internal folks do for us, ALL for FREE, with their OWN time..

Doesnt take a lot, Im sure even a buck or 2 , if EVERYONE did it on a semi regular basis, would mean not a bit of change to your life, but it would help the needs of WebOs Internals, and therefore keeping all this really awesome cool stuff available for us all. Personally I give up a Starbucks a week, and try to donate 10 bucks every month or so.. But even a buck or 2 here and there from the thousands that visit this site, could really help dramatically

ok, off soap box now just DO it

DONATE!

WebOS Internals:Site support - WebOS Internals
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dianehelen; 10/10/2009 at 11:16 AM.
    Rod thanks everything went flawless in your directions. Donation on it's way. Again thanks to you and the others that make this so much fun owning a Pre and being part of future things to come with Pre.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I have update my pre as instructed and have found the luna manager but do also get this error on some of the patch that i want pls help.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I get a patch error Installing: see IPKG log while trying to install the vk... I had it but never uninstalled it before I got the new preware version...
    I had the same error message. But I believe this was my problem:
    You can not be running a Theme when you install the Emergency Patch Recovery Tool or you will get this message. I had the same problem but if you read the description on Emergency Patch Recovery Tool it says "Uninstall All Themes First Before Installing". Well I didnt see it till it was to late so I had to run the Webos Doctor on my Pre last night and start from scratch. Thats all I can tell you to do. It worked for me and mine is working fine now.

I had the same error message. But I believe this was my problem:
    You can not be running a Theme when you install the Emergency Patch Recovery Tool or you will get this message. I had the same problem but if you read the description on Emergency Patch Recovery Tool it says "Uninstall All Themes First Before Installing". Well I didnt see it till it was to late so I had to run the Webos Doctor on my Pre last night and start from scratch. Thats all I can tell you to do. It worked for me and mine is working fine now. Hope This Works
    where do u download the original PreWare, I've never downloaded it before....
    Nope, no theme installed. I completely effed up everything so I ran webosdoctor.. Started from scratch. Downloaded preware and file mgr like I was supposed to. I haven't had a theme the whole time. I dunno?
    yea the theme mest me up too... uninstalled it and worked perfect... some patches though i still get errors on... i think though like 5x4 icons i never had so maybe thats why... 4x4 v1 worked but 4x4v2 didnt .... i cant seem to get vk to work am i missing something ? do i need to download it somewhere? also after irebooted the 4x4 icons was already installed even though i on tweeked it... does these patches allow these things to work without the tweek method? if so kool... im not that tec smrt so i dont know if thats what patches a made for...