Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoloTwo View Post
    Well I tried to fix my problem, Oil tried on IRC earlier but with no luck, I was on earlier when you were on Rod and never got a reply so I will just run doctor one of these days and start from scratch again.
    I was a bit busy right then dealing with a failed UPS on a Saturday at my work that took the site down. Add to that the preware.org servers being hammered, and you can hopefully understand why I couldn't personally attend to your specific problem.

Please come back again later when things have calmed down and ask in channel for help rather than asking me in private. Remember that I'm in the GMT+9:30 timezone, so it's Saturday (family time) here for me.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That incorrect information has now been fixed in the feeds.

-- Rod
    Thanks for all the awesome work!!
    Soooooo, I just basically went into QL and undid all my tweaks cause I had originally installed them there. I then uninstalled Preware and PSM and updated them to the newer version. I am getting a Loading screen when I run Preware, but I'm guessing this is due to server traffic? Sounds like that is the culprit at least. Will just let it run for a bit, or try in the AM

Thanks so much for your hard work, really appreciate it....................
    "Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert Kennedy
    Can you help me please - rwhitby

First when I install patches, they look like installed. but when I go back later and update feeds they then show up as not install

Secondly I install them again and did a luna restart and when the pre comes on, i check and they are again showing not installed

Another issue is when I used th ER, it dont uninstall itself and it looks like the patches that were able to install are still there.

Finally none of the messaging patches work for me.

Can you or someone one help me with these issues I am having?

Thank everyone, you and webosinternal group
    Quote Originally Posted by joejoe1 View Post
    11) Remember that to update a patch you need to remove it first, then install the new version.

i havent installed any themes yet. does this rule also apply for themes?
    My phone is stuck with some Zelda leftovers. Even if you remove your theme before everything else, you can still get stuck with problems. Themes do not work nicely with this auto-patch just yet, so for now either use patches or themes but NOT BOTH.
    Followed 1st page instructions and everything worked fine for me.
    Thank you very much for your hard work.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    are we supposed to run Luna Manager? how do we use it so that we don't have to restart after every patch?
    everything went pefect except i have no available patches. I have up updated feeds and show no available patches. What is wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The default Pre theme contains proprietary Palm image files. Redistributing such files violates copyright law, as is using any such files without Palm's consent.

-- Rod
    Very True, and very dumb of me...but it would have made my life a lot easier...haha
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I had issues with updating feeds. It would not update. I had no access to quick install at work so just kept on trying andfailing to update.

In this situation, use QI. I uninstalled (via QI) both PMS and then PW. I then installed PMS and then PW via QI

I then followed all the instructions (i.e. EPR and then reboot). everything is copacetic. (it's all good)
    Finally updated and all is well. Thanks again.......
    "Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert Kennedy
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    goodstuff!!! did both pre's and no problems!!! awesomeness
    Awesome! Thanks so much - working perfectly
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julianboy568 View Post
    Ok i am ****ed and ticked off i have followed these directions like 6 times and have been doing this for 2 hours!! Some one help!!!

I unistalled both packages and everything i downloaded from it even apps!! Everything seems to go fine but wen i go into preware it goes reeeaaalllyyy slow so i open the program again and it says updating or either checking version! I been waiting for 30min still on the same screen so i uninstall it again nd repeat the steps jus the ssaammmee thing over and over! Some ppplleeeeaassseee help!!!!
    I've got the exactly same problem. and now I can only susessfully update 1 time in 10 tries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairman_005 View Post
    epr will not work. error intalling- wget:bad address 'ipkg.preware.org'
    Ditto.
    "3) Remove the obsolete autopatch-feed package. It has already been disabled, but make sure you remove the package anyway. It has been replaced by the webos-patches feed, which automatically comes with the Package Manager Service."

If I dont see autopatch-feed package in the "installed packages" section of preware, that means ive never DL'ed it right?

I dont think i ever did, unless it was one of those ones that auto DL's
    I didn't read the whole thread so I apologize if this was asked...

Instruction # 8 says: "8) Install the Luna Manager app"

After doing all the previous instructions, I went to search for this App and can't find it. I did a "list everything" and searched for "luna" but only got the Luna Theme as a result.

Help, anyone???? Do I need this Luna App?

EDIT TO ADD:

*********** ALSO *************

I just noticed that even though I removed the patches with the Emergency Patch Remover and they don't show up as installed patches in Preware the "Date in header bar" and "Battery shown as %" features are still showing up on my Pre and won't let me reinstall the patches... All other patches have been deleted and don't show (i.e. 4X4 launcher, show month in calendar, message forwarding, virtual keyboard, add/delete launcher pages... these are all gone).... What gives?
    Last edited by cdaniel76; 10/10/2009 at 12:57 AM. Reason: adding another question
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    milliman--------just use webos to install uninstall and that should work go into device management and uninstall in there then install from tweaks page then uninstall again until it work lol this should work
    Thanks, Shadavis08.

Even though it was not working, the Battery Percent and Icon tweak that I had initially installed with Quick Install (QI) was showing up in Preware but not in QI, and giving me an error if I tried to remove it with Preware. I used QI | Options | Tweaks to install/uninstall. Checked Device Management but did not see it. Did another install/uninstall. Checked in Preware and it was finally gone. I was then able to install it with Preware and now it is working again. Yippee.

Maybe this will help someone else.
    Palm: V > M505 > Treo 700p > Prē
    Apple: iPad 1
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Habidabad View Post
    The server is totally busy from EVERYONE updating! Give it some time or try later.
    We should all consider changing the Preference for "Update Feeds" from "Every Launch" to "Once Daily" or "Manually", at least for the next little while.
    Palm: V > M505 > Treo 700p > Prē
    Apple: iPad 1
  20.    #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairman_005 View Post
    epr will not work. error intalling- wget:bad address 'ipkg.preware.org'
    That means there's a problem with your internet connection on the Pre.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals