Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gianny View Post
    My Preware keeps "UPDATING" for 10 minutes now after I followed all the instructions.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnAnderson127 View Post
    I give up, is there anyway to go back to the older version of Preware where everything worked?
    Quote Originally Posted by syeaman View Post
    mine was stuck for ten minutes or longer but it is good now
    The server is totally busy from EVERYONE updating! Give it some time or try later.
    Can someone tell me if all the patches available in preware are available on WebOS QuickInstall 2.7? If so, i'm just gonna delete preware. TIA.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I'm still convinced that Patches that change anything in the top status area of the phone like battery percent and such are not compatible with Themes. The Themes change this area and then Patches don't know how to undo it.

Until we get the Themes to use the autopatch recovery I don't advocate using both Themes and Patches concurrently.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnAnderson127 View Post
    Can someone tell me if all the patches available in preware are available on WebOS QuickInstall 2.7? If so, i'm just gonna delete preware. TIA.
    some are and some are not they have more on preware than in webos
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by That Baker Kid View Post
    my preware isnt black like that. its just white like normal. howd you get it to be black?
    Click the upper left corner in Preware and select Preferences. Then change the theme to Palm Dark.
    Thank you for all the hard work.........FYI it does take quite awhile to update the feeds but be patient it does work
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    some are and some are not they have more on preware than in webos
    Now that Jason upgraded to WebOSQI 2.7.2, there is a section that lists all the available patches. It's done within the Tweak area on the far right hand tab.

And now you basically get all of the patches that are Preware. It's pretty complete now.

Rob

I have not check to make sure every single thing is there, but it seems almost all of them are there now.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Which option do I use in Luna Manager to reboot after I add tweaks?
    There is no spoon
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    35 minutes of the spinning "updating" screen now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gianny View Post
    35 minutes of the spinning "updating" screen now.
    About the same here. Something must be going on with the server is the only thing I can come up with.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by Blipstein View Post
    Which option do I use in Luna Manager to reboot after I add tweaks?
    luna restart... u can install all the patchs at the same time and then luna restart!
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    luna restart... u can install all the patchs at the same time and then luna restart!
    From what I am used to, after each patch, the Pre will reboot or restart the Luna.

You can't do a bunch all at once.

Rob

Anyone, am I wrong?
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    From what I am used to, after each patch, the Pre will reboot or restart the Luna.

Rob

Anyone, am I wrong?
    i beat u .. if u read the first page!

Rob

Anyone, am I wrong?
    by the way u should read the threads correctly
    8) Install the Luna Manager app, so you can easily restart the UI after installing patches. This will be done automatically (giving you the option to defer, if you are installing multiple patches) in a future Preware release. You can install multiple patches all at once, and then restart a single time after they are all installed to see the results.
    how long is it supposed to take preware to start once updated. I has been loading for 15 minutes
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    by the way u should read the threads correctly
    8) Install the Luna Manager app, so you can easily restart the UI after installing patches. This will be done automatically (giving you the option to defer, if you are installing multiple patches) in a future Preware release. You can install multiple patches all at once, and then restart a single time after they are all installed to see the results.
    Question: Is this now in the current release or as you say a Future version?

If it's now, I stand corrected and thank you.

If not, wow, I can't wait myself. It is such a time consumer when trying to get a phone back after doctoring it. LOL!

I always wondered why Preware and WebOS Quick Install never did this to begin with.

So it is something to look forward too...

Rob

Unless I'm wrong and it's here now! <tail between my legs>
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by Hairman_005 View Post
    how long is it supposed to take preware to start once updated. I has been loading for 15 minutes

like 1 min max.. but right now there is a problem with the server! u should wait !
    I just posted this in the Preware forum:

Ok, now I know something is going on with the server. I remember the night that Palm pushed out 1.2.0 and I couldn't get my Palm Profile restored after doing the upgrade. And then it turned out it was just that the server was down.

So I might just give up at this point myself. Unless someone is near that server to reboot it or check on it's connection it will confuse a lot of us all night long.

Rob

PS If you are new to using Preware, this 'updating' delay is out of the ordinary! There is probably something wrong at the server end. Take a break, and don't mess with your Pre any more tonight with Pre, otherwise you might make matters worse when there is nothing you are doing wrong right now.

This is just my opinion for the new people trying to get Preware installed and getting stuff install via Preware.

That's what I posted and I now see that they are working on something.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Question: Is this now in the current release or as you say a Future version?

If it's now, I stand corrected and thank you.

If not, wow, I can't wait myself. It is such a time consumer when trying to get a phone back after doctoring it. LOL!

I always wondered why Preware and WebOS Quick Install never did this to begin with.

So it is something to look forward too...

Rob

Unless I'm wrong and it's here now! <tail between my legs>

about install all the tweaks .. you can do that all at once and after that restart luna .. i just did it and my tweaks are working great!
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast