Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    - UPDATE 07-24-2009 - NEW AND CERTIFIED FOR Palm WebOS v1.1.0

THIS HOWTO IS CERTIFIED FOR WEBOS v1.1.0 - DO NOT USE THIS FOR OLDER VERSIONS OF WEBOS!

This HOWTO requires that you already have root access to your phone. If you need more information on how to do that search the forum.

Click Here to search for my HOWTO's and Answers for the Palm PRE!

NOTES:
    This was taken from the original post over at http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...dar_month_view - I just put it into a simple script/command set that you can just copy and paste into your ssh / terminal window. This patch will modify the calendar application to show all day events in the month view of the application. It denotes days with all day events by changing the background of the cell to be blue. Thanks to webos-internals.org for the information!

SCREENSHOT OF MONTHVIEW

The HowTO:

I'll try to make this as simple as possible.

1. Login to your Palm PRE and obtain root access.. (Again look around the forums to see how to do this)

2. Once you are at the "root@castle" prompt COPY and PASTE all of the following code into your terminal / putty / ssh window.. (These commands will make backup copies of the original files, then modify them)

** This will reboot your PRE so be sure to close all of your applications beforehand. **
    Code:
    #
    # ENABLE SHOW ALL-DAY EVENTS IN CALENDAR MONTH VIEW
    #
    mount -o remount,rw /
    #
    # RESTORE FILES
    # 
    echo RESTORING ORIGINAL FILES IF AVAILABLE
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/month-assistant.js_1-1-0 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/month-assistant.jsjsjs
    #
    # $BACKUP$ $FILES$
    #
    $echo$ $BACKING$ $UP$ $ORIGINAL$ $FILES$
    $cp$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$month$-$assistant$.$js$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$month$-$assistant$.$js_1$-$1$-$0$
    #
    # $MAKING$ $FIRST$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $month$-$assistant$.$js$
    #
    $echo$ $MAKING$ $FIRST$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $month$-$assistant$.$js$
    $sed$ -$i$ &$quot$;$s$/$setupMonth$: $function$($startDate$, $endDate$, $callbackfn$)/$fullEvts$: $null$,\$n$\
    \$n$\
            $setupMonth$: $function$($startDate$, $endDate$, $callbackfn$)/$g$&$quot$; /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$month$-$assistant$.$js$
    #
    # $MAKING$ $SECOND$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $month$-$assistant$.$js$
    #
    $echo$ $MAKING$ $SECOND$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $month$-$assistant$.$js$
    $sed$ -$i$ &$quot$;$s$/$getCalendarService$().$getBusyDays$($getCurrentCal$(), $startDate$.$getTime$(), $endDate$.$getTime$(), $callbackfn$, $this$.$controller$);/$getCalendarService$().$getEvents$($getCurrentCal$(),$startDate$.$getTime$(), $endDate$.$getTime$(), $this$.$getEventsCallback$.$bind$($this$), $this$.$controller$, $this$.$getEventsFailCallback$, {$useSlices$: $true$});\$n$\
                    $getCalendarService$().$getBusyDays$($getCurrentCal$(), $startDate$.$getTime$(), $endDate$.$getTime$(), $callbackfn$, $this$.$controller$);/$g$&$quot$; /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$month$-$assistant$.$js$
    #
    # $MAKING$ $THIRD$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $month$-$assistant$.$js$
    #
    $echo$ $MAKING$ $THIRD$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $month$-$assistant$.$js$
    $sed$ -$i$ &$quot$;$s$/$buildViewHeader$: $function$()/$getEventsCallback$: $function$($resp$)\$n$\
            {\$n$\
                    \/\/$Mojo$.$Log$.$info$(\'$month$-$assistant$:$getEventsCallback$\');\$n$\
                    $this$.$fullEvts$ = $resp$.$days$;\$n$\
            },\$n$\
    \$n$\
            $buildViewHeader$: $function$()/$g$&$quot$; /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$month$-$assistant$.$js$
    #
    # $MAKING$ $FOURTH$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $month$-$assistant$.$js$
    #
    $echo$ $MAKING$ $THIRD$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $month$-$assistant$.$js$
    $sed$ -$i$ &$quot$;$s$/$var$ $day$ = $this$.$_token2state$($days$.$charCodeAt$($d$));/$if$ ($this$.$fullEvts$[$d$].$allDayEvents$.$length$ &$gt$; $0$)\$n$\
                            {\$n$\
                                    $dayCell$.$style$.$backgroundColor$ = '#$99ccff$';\$n$\
                            }\$n$\
    \$n$\
                            $var$ $day$ = $this$.$_token2state$($days$.$charCodeAt$($d$));/$g$&$quot$; /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$month$-$assistant$.$js$
    #
    # $COMPLETE$ $UPDATE$
    #
    $mount$ -$o$ $remount$,$ro$ /
    $echo$ $INSTALLATION$ $COMPELTE$... $REBOOTING$ $DEVICE$...
    /$sbin$/$reboot$
    #
    Good Luck! And Happy Hacking!!

- D2G

To restore original files use the following:
    Code:
    #
    # DISABLE SHOW ALL-DAY EVENTS IN CALENDAR MONTH VIEW
    #
    mount -o remount,rw /
    #
    # RESTORE FILES
    # 
    echo RESTORING ORIGINAL FILES IF AVAILABLE
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/month-assistant.js_1-1-0 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/month-assistant.jsjsjs
    #
    $mount$ -$o$ $remount$,$ro$ /
    $echo$ $INSTALLATION$ $COMPELTE$... $REBOOTING$ $DEVICE$...
    /$sbin$/$reboot$
    #
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by d2globalinc; 07/24/2009 at 05:14 AM.
    You need to fix your link to the webos-internals wiki in this post. i added the h and still no luck

Update: damn typos haha we really should be a sleep thank a bunch!
    Last edited by jack87; 07/24/2009 at 05:36 AM.
    MatterOfFactJack
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    You need to fix your link to the webinernals wiki in this post. i added the h and still no luck
    Fixed!

- D2G
    D2, THANKS....... This is a great How To, to have.. Thanks.... The Calendar app really needed this....
    Last edited by Bigchris; 07/24/2009 at 07:38 AM.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    I don't have a rooted pre....but made a thread about a google calendar month view with text

http://bit.ly/mThRp
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Thanks, don't understand why palm hasn't addressed this.
    Is there any way to default to month view??
    It glitches alot. It shows blue highlighted days when there is no event on that day.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muyiwafly View Post
    It glitches alot. It shows blue highlighted days when there is no event on that day.
    Yup it sure is.
    Noticed that blue square follows to the next month and beyond on the same spot on the screen even though there is no event on that date....
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
    The patch in this thread is very problematic; it screws everything up if you move from month to month in the monthly view.

As for changing the default calendar view to the monthly view, that is possible. I posted the answer in another thread a while back, and I'd like to link to it, but the board is making that hard because I haven't posted enough times yet (sigh). Best I can do until I post five more times, gah:

forums.precentral.net/web-os-development/192542-howto-change-default-view-calendar-hack-rooting-required.html
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewn View Post
    The patch in this thread is very problematic; it screws everything up if you move from month to month in the monthly view.

As for changing the default calendar view to the monthly view, that is possible. I posted the answer in another thread a while back, and I'd like to link to it, but the board is making that hard because I haven't posted enough times yet (sigh). Best I can do until I post five more times, gah:

forums.precentral.net/web-os-development/192542-howto-change-default-view-calendar-hack-rooting-required.html
    This does not resolve the "it screws everything up if you move from month to month in the monthly view" problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muyiwafly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Yup it sure is.
    I thought that too at first but if you have the weather showing on your google calendar any type of tasks it will show that as aan all day event.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I thought that too at first but if you have the weather showing on your google calendar any type of tasks it will show that as aan all day event.
    I dont have weather up on my calendar.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I'm thinking the random blue days that don't have events are birthdays. I don't mind that they display birthdays, but can we get them to have a different color AND display who's birthday it is!?
    With mine, when I first open the calendar app, and go to Month View, its ok. It gets weird when your in month view and switch months, then thats when the extra days show up. Part of it was when I had the weather on the calendar, then I got rid of that. What I find that works is when you switch months, go to the day view, then go back to the month view and it will show the correct all day events. Thats been working for me until there's a better fix.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Hi folks. I am writing here because I know no where else to go to get help.

It really frustrates me that palm doesn't show all day events in the calendar.

On the webos-internals.org website, I came across a patch to show all day event is blue. If you go to the patch section. it shows that this works post 1.1 update, but I have no idea how to get the patch on to the pre.

I tried to edit the month-assistant.jsjsjs $myself$ $by$ $looking$ $for$ $the$ $lines$ $it$ $is$ $adding$ $and$ $added$ $them$ $were$ $they$ $matched$, $but$ $nothing$ $happened$. $I$ $rescanned$, $killed$ $and$ $restarted$ $the$ $luna$ $sys$ $manager$ $and$ $rebooted$. $It$ $didn$'$t$ $work$.

Here is the link to it: Patch Calendar Show All-Day Events in Month View - WebOS Internals

I have quilt installed and have a few mods from that series already working. I would really like to get this on my pre. I am very tech savy, I just don't know a whole lot about getting patches on to the pre using linux. I have no problem adding code manually if I have too.

Can anyone help me out here?
    There's a way to use it as a patch, I believe, but I don't know how, so I did it manually.

Basically when it says something like
    Code:
    @@ -25,11 +25,25 @@ var MonthAssistant = Class.create({
    The first number is the line position, second is the length of the segment in the original file, second pair is for the new file.

It tells you a few lines before where things need to be modified, and then you'll start to see all of the lines with a + in front of them. Those need to be added. Lines with a - need to be removed.
    Thanks for the info. go figure right >< I was looking and looking and looking. Once I thought I looked hard enough and couldn't find an answer I posted this. Then of course right after I created this thread I found this: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...onth-view.html
    bump this would make an awesome tweak imo. having the ability to display all-day events in month view is very important. after all, most all-day events usually last more than a day, and the month view is the optimal place to view multiple days since it can display the most number of days on the screen. displaying it in week view isn't enough because there's the limitation of when a week starts and ends.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I tried the patch for All-day events on Month view, but it seemed to just clear the entire month-view. When I removed it, I got my view of all the other stuff back. Something's not working with that patch.

Anyone know what the phone radio power patch and state patch are for? Just "???" in preware.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast