1.    #1  
    I originally rooted and did the patch for the led notifications, but when the autopatch for it came out I wanted to convert to that. So I rooted again and did the remove all patches code, which seemed to succesfully work, it said all patches removed.

I then did the patch with preware, but had a problem shortly thereafter and had to run the EPR.

Now, I never reinstalled the patch for LEDN, but the notifications are working just as they should...even though when I go to screen and lock the option for blinking LED is not even in there.

Also preware/WOQI does not recognize the patch as being installed either.

I dont know if I should just leave it alone, or go in and install the patch and see what happens?
    How did you originally install the patch? Manually editing the files? Or did you apply a .patch file?

Second, please understand the difference in "rooting" and "accessing the linux shell/command prompt". "Rooting" is a term that is being misproperly used.
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    The reason your led is still on is because you never switched it to off before uninstalling the patch. From what I know the patch edits the code that brings the switch up to the screen & lock menu. Other than that the led notification system works entirely through palms original written code.. Which means that it'll be there unless you roll back to previous 1.2 or a new update erases the code.
    No I don't believe it will hurt your phone at all, and you will never have to install the patch.. You just lose the ability to turn it on and off at will.
    Quote Originally Posted by dBsooner View Post
    How did you originally install the patch? Manually editing the files? Or did you apply a .patch file?

Second, please understand the difference in "rooting" and "accessing the linux shell/command prompt". "Rooting" is a term that is being misproperly used.
    Oh yeah I believe he meant he did the instructions to access linux shell, installed optware/bootstrap and quilt..

Cuz he said he "did the remove all patches code."
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    +1 for 612mpls; all the patch does is enable the switch, not the actual code. If you have it switched on and remove the patch, you've just removed the switch but left the blinking on.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    When you have a task set for that day, the notification won't go off either, PROBLEM!
    Sprint Palm Pre-
  7.    #7  
    Ok, I didnt know what terminology to use. I did what 612 said, accessed linux, installed bootstrap and quilt and used the patch directory to install it.

Anyway, thanks for the replies. I went ahead and re-installed it with preware and now the switch is back in screen/lock and its blinking away.