1.    #1  
    been looking at the forums for about an hour and i'm sure i've missed the answer.. got preware9.2 and webosqi 2.72. when i load preware and look at available patches its greyed out. and when i do a search under list of everything for virtual keyboard, nothing shows up there.. today (oct 08 2009) is the first day ive ever tried to dl the vk board so i know its not already installed. Is there some stupid step i'm missing? thx so much and if its an easy answer that i should have been able to find on the forums i'm real sorry. i've tried and i know its annoying to answer the same question over and over.

thx in advance
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    It's greyed out for me too and I don't have VK either.
    I WebOS Doctor'd my phone last night and tried to reinstall Preware, all of my tweaks and VK. The VK wasn't there, not even in Quick Install, and the autopatch feed wouldn't install on PreWare. Looks like it's not just me...
    Had the same issue after reinstalling preware from quickinstall. Just go to the list of all installed packages and uninstall the autopatch feed. after this completes, hit the button to reinstall it. after that everything seems to work perfectly again.
    I even tried to install the Autopatch tweaks through QI but they did not take.

I removed the autopatch feed and reinstalled it, and nothing.

Ugh.
    Having the same problem.
    is Virtual Keyboard possible to install now?
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jboucicaut View Post

I removed the autopatch feed and reinstalled it, and nothing.
    How did you do this? I don't even see "autopatch feed" as an option under Installed Packages.

This sucks.
    Same issue, no Virtual Keyboard or Switcharoo listed in Preware Also can't find either on WOSQI
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    There is a brief transition period while the keyboard migrates to the autopatch system. The keyboard will be unavailable from the webos-internals feed until further notice (hopefully tonight).
    Found this in the: On-Screen Keyboard - Bugs, Functionality, Enhancements thread. I am having the same problem. Hopefully they get it back up tonight.
    I am glad I am not alone. I just installed Preware for the first time on my 1.2.1 phone from Linux/novacom commands.

Everything seems to be OK, except "Available Patches" is greyed out. I can install apps, though. Is there something wrong with my install or is it some feed being down?
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Autopatch is going through some updates and changes. Stay tuned for the feed to come back online.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    if your having problems uninstalling apps or apps that wont install because they did not uninstall properly,one place to look is in webos QI tools device manager then look to the right it says user installed applications or something anyways look in there first because sometimes patches that dont uninstall properly get stuck under applications in here ,if what ur looking for is not there then click on application and patches will come up. hope this helped yall !!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    I am glad I am not alone. I just installed Preware for the first time on my 1.2.1 phone from Linux/novacom commands.

Everything seems to be OK, except "Available Patches" is greyed out. I can install apps, though. Is there something wrong with my install or is it some feed being down?
    The autopatch feed is being replaced by a new default-installed webos-patches feed, which includes virtual keyboard and the other 60+ patches.

Please bear with us for 24 hours.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    so does this mean the vk will be coming back up as soon as the greyed out patches are back up. i had vk then it was gone.
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I just downloaded this today, and both Package Updates and Available Packages are grayed out.
    Did you follow the instructions at Application:Preware - WebOS Internals ?

Especially making sure that the latest version of Package Manager Service is installed.

-- Rod
    My patches are grayed out as well. Yesterday (Nov 1st) I tried to uninstall a theme so that I could download a new update and it didn't uninstall. I tried several times and finally had to run Webos Doctor. When I got everything back on, I saw that the patches were grayed out. I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything and nothing is working. I can't install the recovery as well. I have never been able to do that. I keep getting an error message. Any help would be wonderful...Thanks!
    I just open preware again and now there patches are completely gone. I don't even have a patches....grayed out or other wise