Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    I can't seem to get this patch to work. Any time I attach a song, it tells me "Your device is full. Delete files to clear space." Has anyone solved this?
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    welll I don't ... but i'm having this issue too ..some1 please help ! :O)
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saundra23 View Post
    welll I don't ... but i'm having this issue too ..some1 please help ! :O)
    Have you gone back and deleted all your old text messages to see if this would free up memory? I did, and it did not help.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    songs & vidz have to be short to send............
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM313 View Post
    songs & vidz have to be short to send............
    Nah, something else is going on. My brother can send me a 3 second low quality video from his Verizon phone, and I can receive it via sms, play it no problem. But when I try to forward it, I get the out of space message.
    I get that same error message sometimes.
    Some files I am able to send, some not.
    It doesn't seem to be file size related because I can sometimes send larger files than the ones that aren't able to send.
    I can't seem to find any video or music file that is small enuff to attach. Anyone know how to contact the patch maintainer to get answers? Also, when some one sends me an MMS with a Video or Song attached is there any way to save it to my phone? I am only able to view or listen not save it so I can delete the MMS message if I so desire?

Thanks,
    CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    Ive been playing around with file sizes and such with no luck. A fix would be greatly appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    Nah, something else is going on. My brother can send me a 3 second low quality video from his Verizon phone, and I can receive it via sms, play it no problem. But when I try to forward it, I get the out of space message.
    so the forward tweak forwards video & audio?
    Quote Originally Posted by Geministyle View Post
    so the forward tweak forwards video & audio?
    I belive you can only forward SMS TXT Messages...

Might the patch be upgraded to forward MMS messages aswell?

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    My problem is that I get the exclamation point telling me that the message failed to send. I've tried different file sizes, too, and different codecs. Thought maybe it didn't like AAC files, but it didn't work with MP3's, either. And I've uninstalled and reinstalled the patch several times. Any help would be appreciated. I know people have it working correctly. Maybe I'm just missing something. LOL. Please help.
    well theres a file size limit.. the limit is around 120-130 kb possibly for audio. video might be same too i dont really know
    Ok. I'm not trying to be a nag, but is there anyway to change the size limit then?
  14. nak
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    well theres a file size limit.. the limit is around 120-130 kb possibly for audio. video might be same too i dont really know

i don't think so. if we're able to send a picture mail from the camera which is approx. 1.2 MB, then i don't see why we can't send any audio/video file about that size.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    I can't seem to get this patch to work. Any time I attach a song, it tells me "Your device is full. Delete files to clear space." Has anyone solved this?
    the videos and the songs have to be really short
    I have found a workaround to forward videos to other cell phones via text message.
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1982030

Haven't found how large before it won't go. Conversion has to take place via Zamzar. Makes me wonder if there is a way to set file extensions in the patch so that it will recognize the 3gp, etc...
    would love to be able to forward those nasty little "i'm going to get your *** in the bushes" audio messages that my friends send me, but the patch only forwards the picture and no audio so it kind of ruins the joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I have found a workaround to forward videos to other cell phones via text message.
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1982030

Haven't found how large before it won't go. Conversion has to take place via Zamzar. Makes me wonder if there is a way to set file extensions in the patch so that it will recognize the 3gp, etc...
    Hey Momouton thanks for spending the time to fiqure out that the format of the video needs to be in .3g2 to be able to attach and send to other phones!! I have sent a small under 1mb video out. I will spend some time to see if larger sizes become an issue. But, what I have noticed that if I send the video to GSM network phones they never get the message. I had a thought if maybe the format was .3g2p it might work to send to all phones? My problem is that I can't seem to find an applicaton or service that will convert to .3g2p? Anyone know of any?

Thanks for the workaround!

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    I have same problem; using Precorder and can email but not MMS the videos using the add video/audio files patch. Will not even allow me to send AUDIO files, having tried very short files of both AAC and mp3. This patch simply does not work as it should. Useless and frustrating to me.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    ive had this patch forever.. installing and uninstalling.. and it juss never works.. ever.. but i guess it does seem a little stupid to keep installing it.. i juss keep thinking someone knows how to work it.. cuz i dont.. doesnt matter what the file is.. how small or how long.. i cant send anything to anyone for some strange reason..