1.    #1  
    I updated to the new webos 1.2.1 and all my tweaks went away. i dont know how to get them back

i tried using preware to reinstall the patches but i get an error message. i also tried using WEBOS quick install 2.72 and it did not work
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I would try WebOSdoctor and do a full restore.
    Yes....that's kind of how it's supposed to work....as it states in all the various preware and quick install threads. You need to get rid of tweaks/patches before upgrading.

WebOSdoctor is your best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by palmprenutt View Post
    I updated to the new webos 1.2.1 and all my tweaks went away. i dont know how to get them back

i tried using preware to reinstall the patches but i get an error message. i also tried using WEBOS quick install 2.72 and it did not work
    Did you try the Emergency Patch Recovery from Preware? There were multiple warnings across the site saying you should remove all of your patches before updates. The EPR said it should be run before, or right after an update.

~ Hope it works out for you.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    Did you try the Emergency Patch Recovery from Preware? There were multiple warnings across the site saying you should remove all of your patches before updates. The EPR said it should be run before, or right after an update.

Agreed! DON'T WEBDOC IT!!! Just install that patch recovery and you'll be able to use webos quickinstall to add the tweaks from the new menus.

I did this and it worked perfectly. Should work for you.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    I would try WebOSdoctor and do a full restore.
    Why would you post this? It's obvious you don't even know whats going on with this posters situation and i'm sure your trying to help but thats not the right solution and if I did what you said immediatly and came back to find this i'd be quite ****ed at you.
    If tweaks were installed prior to AutoPatch or QI 2.7, then EPR will not work for them.
    Last edited by egaudet; 10/07/2009 at 03:14 PM.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post

i dont think i downloaded that on my pre when i did all the tweaks

im not sure if it wouldnt let me or if i just didnt think i would need it.

if i download it now will that make the tweaks come back?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    No, the emergency patch will get rid of the "junk" left behind from those tweaks and so you can reinstall them again.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmprenutt View Post
    i dont think i downloaded that on my pre when i did all the tweaks

im not sure if it wouldnt let me or if i just didnt think i would need it.

if i download it now will that make the tweaks come back?
    like the user before me just said, it'll clear the menu and let you start fresh with tweeking. So everything will be un-checked and you will be able to add them all again from the new tweeks menu in webosqi.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Well I saw this thread waaayyy too late. I woke up this morning and me phone said "Update complete". I was not aware that another update was coming out so soon so I did not have a chance to remove my tweaks. All my tweaks were gone and my phone was pretty non-responsive. I used WEBOS Dr and it restored my phone. I understand that I will have to start from scratch as far as my tweaks and homebrews are concerned. I saw countless comments about the EPR and never installed it. Totally my fault and once I get home and install my tweaks, that will be one of the first ones to go on my phone. Had I done this before, it would have saved me a lot of time and trouble.
    Thanks all. Finally, a useful thread on this forum! The Emergency Patch Recovery in WebOSDoctor was definitely the way to go. I forgot to heed to warnings of uninstalling my tweaks prior to updating to 1.2.1 (the most useless update for me by the way). The EPR works like a charm. It basically resets the tweaks to non-existent so you can cleanly start over. Thanks again...
    How do you step by step find or load the Em. Patch Recovery? After reading these posts, I'm in the same situation as the other people. I have WebOS doctor, but never opened it.
    Emergency Patch Removal is in Preware (& i assume is also possible to use through Quick Install). It is NOT the same thing as the webOS Doctor.
    Can you give me a link to preware & how I can get the Em. Patch Removal?