1.    #1  
    I am a Canadian Bell subscriber, and I notice when I use either "Add Date to Top" patch, I get the date in one of these two formats:

DD/MM or DD/MM/YY (not MM/DD or MM/DD/YY like the docs say)

Is this a Canadian thing? Is there a way to change how the date is formatted? I notice when I go into the Date & Time app, under the Network time toggle, the date is formatted as DD Month YYYY HH:MM!? I would have expected to see it as Month DD YYYY HH:MM, which is how I assume it looks for Sprint customers. (Can someone confirm?)

Besides changing the order in which the month and date are shown, I would like to see a couple of other options:

MMM DD (i.e. Oct 7)
    DAY MMM DD (i.e. Wed Oct 7)

Personally, I think the year is not necessary, but could be added for completeness. Is it possible to make these patches or edit the existing one to do this?
    There is a patch in preware that just has the month and day no year. It's the one called "Add date to top bar no year" as for the format I have no Idea mine shows up as MM/DD/YYYY everywhere and don't think I've ever changed it anywhere although I'm on sprint.
    So Say We All
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    I am a Canadian Bell subscriber, and I notice when I use either "Add Date to Top" patch, I get the date in one of these two formats:

DD/MM or DD/MM/YY (not MM/DD or MM/DD/YY like the docs say)

Is this a Canadian thing? Is there a way to change how the date is formatted? I notice when I go into the Date & Time app, under the Network time toggle, the date is formatted as DD Month YYYY HH:MM!? I would have expected to see it as Month DD YYYY HH:MM, which is how I assume it looks for Sprint customers. (Can someone confirm?)

It is a Canadian (European Thing) to have the date as DD/MM instead of MM/DD.
    I'm sure this will be an option in the future especially when they roll this out to Europe. I'm pretty amazed that Bell Canada didn't have this as a pre-configured tweak in their build.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwonderful View Post
    It is a Canadian (European Thing) to have the date as DD/MM instead of MM/DD.
    I'm sure this will be an option in the future especially when they roll this out to Europe. I'm pretty amazed that Bell Canada didn't have this as a pre-configured tweak in their build.
    Yah, I know it's a Canadian thing, but the only Canadians I know that use that format are in the military (and probably in the Government). Everyone else in the real world in Canada uses MM/DD/YY.

Is there a way to create a new patch to specify the order, or better yet use the month name, and optionally the day name as well? (I guess this is my real request!)

i.e.

Oct 7 09:25

or

Wed Oct 7 09:25

(and while I'm at it, how about delete the "0" when the hour is 1-9!)
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I need some help with this one. I have installed (on wife's phone) the date DD/MM/YY and want to change to DD/MM only. However, I cannot figure out how to remove the one that is one there. It does not show up as installed and when I try to reinstall it to uninstall it I get an IPKG error. (I get the same error when trying to install DD/MM.)

Please help.
    The Add Date - MM/DD/YY patch doesn't have a remove option to it (in Preware) and it refuses to remove itself from being beside the time in the middle of the top bar. If there's a solution to this I need to know it right away. Please help. Thank you and I'll greatly appreciate it.