Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Hey All,

Just need the 'Force send offline' messaging patch explained to me. Does it turn on your phone and try to send the message, or will it wait until a signal is achieved and then send? Or I guess another option is that it keeps trying to send until successful regardless of connectivity? TIA!
    I think it just means that if you are signed into a messenger service and try to send a message to a contact who is offline, it will bypass the "User X is offline - Send Anyway - Cancel" dialog, and go with "send anyway."
    Last edited by tarirene; 10/06/2009 at 11:01 PM. Reason: clarity
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    I think it just means that if you are signed into a messenger service and try to send a message to a contact who is offline, it will bypass the "User X is offline - Send Anyway - Cancel" dialog, and go with "send anyway."

This is exactly correct.

It's especially important when talking to somebody who is set to "invisible."
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Ah, not even close to what I was thinking. I was hoping if you sent a text to someone, and it failed to go through, that this patch would keep trying until it got sent, since if you have the messaging forward patch, you lose the ability to resend a failed text. Thanks for the explanation.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Yes the Treo managed this... one of many things old tech seemed to do that Pre won't. Would love a patch like this (ie send txt in airplane mode and then they go through when you turn phone back on)...

gh
    Is this patch working on 1.3.1? Doesn't seem to be working for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by krypticide View Post
    Is this patch working on 1.3.1? Doesn't seem to be working for me.
    It only works when you hit the send (paper airplane) button. It does not work when you just hit enter, which is annoying cuz that's how I normally do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sandeepd00 View Post
    It only works when you hit the send (paper airplane) button. It does not work when you just hit enter, which is annoying cuz that's how I normally do it.
    Ah, thanks a lot for that little pointer! I always hit enter, never the button.