Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    It would be great to be able to pick the reminder options available with all day events when setting up a 1 hour event, etc.

Sometimes I have a show I need to remember to buy tickets for, but the longest reminder available is 1 day before. So instead I have to schedule it as an all day event so I can get a 7 day reminder, etc.

Kind of annoying when your calendar gets filled up with all day events that aren't really all day.

Ideally we would have the following for all events:

No Reminder
    At Start Time
    5 minutes before
    10 minutes before
    15 minutes before
    30 minutes before
    1 hour before
    1 day before
    2 days before
    3 days before
    7 days before
    14 days before

I know there are additional alarm times that were uncovered with a code, so this might already be lingering in the calendar app.

Anyone else out there have any interest in this?

I know my particular case might not match anyone else, but it is still nice to have options.

-cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    It would be great to be able to pick the reminder options available with all day events when setting up a 1 hour event, etc.

Sometimes I have a show I need to remember to buy tickets for, but the longest reminder available is 1 day before. So instead I have to schedule it as an all day event so I can get a 7 day reminder, etc.

Kind of annoying when your calendar gets filled up with all day events that aren't really all day.

Ideally we would have the following for all events:

No Reminder
    At Start Time
    5 minutes before
    10 minutes before
    15 minutes before
    30 minutes before
    1 hour before
    1 day before
    2 days before
    3 days before
    7 days before
    14 days before

I know there are additional alarm times that were uncovered with a code, so this might already be lingering in the calendar app.

I know my particular case might not match anyone else, but it is still nice to have options.

-cheers
    If you add your entries with Quick Event you can choose all (and some more) of your suggested reminders.
    I've already made this mod to my phone and discuss the file path, file and line number of the code to be altered in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...atch-file.html

I don't have the skills to make the patch myself, but that thread is how to do it.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I agree with the OP and could really use more calendar reminder times when creating a calendar event. Currently I need to log in to my Google Calendar online in order to set a reminder, longer than 1 day, for non "All Day" events.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I want to put in my vote for longer calendar reminder times. There are all kinds of events that happen that require some preparation before the event arrives, no matter if it is an all day event or not. I would like to see 1, 2, and 4 week reminder times added to all calendar events.

For example, I go to Miami 3 times a year, and I know those dates in advance. So it would be nice to get a reminder a month out so in case it was not on my mental radar, now it will be, so I can mentally prepare and reserve the space.

And, though I am not likely to forget this, ever, but I better start working on my wife's birthday long before a day before.

I installed Quick Events and it did not work for me at all. It did not parse events very well at all and I expected that just typing the event without the app open would bring up an additional option in Universal Search to add the event, like in a screen shot I saw, did not happen. Maybe this is a future possibility.

Anyway, more calendar reminders are very much needed.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    +1
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I'd like to see 1, 2, 3 & 4 minutes before too.

Thanks!

Mike
    I deleted my post, I read Colonel Kernel's message and link, and found out how to edit the file to add my own times.

Thank you!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    There's already a patch by dbsooner and wtgreen with additional reminder times, but it only has 45, 90, and 120 minute reminders. I really need a 5 or 7 day reminder so I can arrange work coverage well in advance for my medical/dental appointments (I always schedule my next appointment after completing my current one, and then invariably forget about them 6 months later when they come due).
    "Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Exactly! This is why I want longer reminder times StormD!

Any devs want to tackle this?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    I will add it into UberCalendar.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I am anxious to try your patch, MetaView. Will look for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    I will add it into UberCalendar.
    UberCalendar... ? I like the sound of that.

The "ultimate" event reminder mod would simply be to give us integer and minute/hour/day pickers to let us choose our own reminder times, but that is beyond my math/coding skills.
    I made this for my own use the timed event reminders has 5, 10, 30, 45, 90 minutes. 1, 2 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, 23 hours and 1 day before.
    The all day reminder has 1-5 days, 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 12, 16, and 18 weeks before. Enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Would like to see a patch like this also.
    AllDay events should have 1.5, 2.5, 3.5 etc. days before. then they would alert at midday and not at midnight
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    AllDay events should have 1.5, 2.5, 3.5 etc. days before. then they would alert at midday and not at midnight
    +1
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I will make the changes when i get home.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I will make the changes when i get home.
    Waiting for the update.
    lol I made the patch but the times weren't showing up right on second edition now.
    Additonal times
    45 minutes
    90 minutes
    150 minutes
    3 hours
    220 minutes
    4 hours
    5 hours
    6 hours
    7 hours
    8 hours
    10 hours
    12 hours
    23 hours

All day reminders
    36 hours
    60 hours
    84 hours
    2 weeks
    3 weeks
    4 weeks
    8 weeks
    12 weeks
    16 weeks
    18 weeks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mamouton; 05/17/2010 at 09:38 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast