Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    looks like a cool and promising application. One type of feature that would be cool it it were implemented was the use of the two additional LED's on the pre. There are led's that are only visible when lit to the left and right of the center button (you can see it when you use the left or right gesture). It would be really nice if when you get a text, the would light up in sequential order.

For instance lets name the far left one #1, middle one is #2 and right one is #3. If you get a text it could go 1-2-3-3-2-1 and repeat and if you got an e-mail it could throb like it currently does. Basically if someone could create different patterns for different notifications (email,sms, voicemail, and app notifications.)

I think this would be the ultimate solution for LED notifications. One step further would be to create a bunch of patterns and let users assign a pattern to a type of notification so they can select a pattern of their choice or select no led notification for a specific notification if they want. If this is possible let me know I am sure many people would jump on this like crazy
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hckyplayer024 View Post
    looks like a cool and promising application. One type of feature that would be cool it it were implemented was the use of the two additional LED's on the pre. There are led's that are only visible when lit to the left and right of the center button (you can see it when you use the left or right gesture). It would be really nice if when you get a text, the would light up in sequential order.
    That would definitely be an improvement over the current scenario. However, it would be a long jump from the current application+patch I've presented here.

The reason is that I'm simply using the facilities provided by Mojo and webOS, which currently consists only of a single "do throbbing" or "don't do throbbing" command. If you enable throbbing, then a small LED controller chip is commanded to go into a "pulse" mode, which pulses the LED without requiring the CPU to do anything. All of this is handled at a fairly low level, so we don't have much control over it at the JavaScript application level, or even the Java system service level.

It's possible to write additional pulsing microcode programs to control the other LEDs, and then write a system service to switch between these programs depending on the notification desired. But this requires a lot of information about the LED controller chip on the device, and the datasheet is not publicly available (it is possible to get your hands on it, if you give NatSemi a good reason to give it to you).

So, what you are requesting here is definitely possible given the hardware capabilities of the device, but without help from Palm, it would take a lot more time then it took me to write this little patch.
    yeah i figured. I just got this idea looking at my brothers HTC touch pro as they have different blinking notifications for different types of notifications and i thought it was really cool. Oh well, hopefully palm reads this and gives someone the information on how to make this possible. Even if palm didnt want to implement this themselves if someone was to make an app that controls the led notifications im sure they could even sell it in the app store.
  4.    #24  
    Is it possible for the patch install to be written as a .patch file, fear easy install/uninstall via WOSQI?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12