Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I keep getting the same error when trying to apply the browser multi patch either thru QI or preware..

Error:

patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/chrome.jsjsjs
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Applying it anyway. [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored --saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs.$reg$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/urlbar.jsjsjs
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html,
    Applying it anyway. [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored --saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/sources.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/stylesheets/browser.css
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.enable-browser-downloads from root .

I have tried to delete the files that supposedly there with no luck.

Any ideas ??????????
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I keep getting the same error when trying to apply the browser multi patch either thru QI or preware..

Error:

patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/chrome.jsjsjs
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs,
    Applying it anyway. [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored --saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs.$reg$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/urlbar.jsjsjs
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html,
    Applying it anyway. [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored --saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/stylesheets/browser.css
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.enable-browser-downloads from root .

Any ideas ??????????
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Yeah, Jason explained that it is because two files (the two that your error log says already exists) weren't removed previously. Delete those two files and you should be good.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    duplicate post, see your other thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by 27scoob View Post

Error:

Applying it anyway. [n]
    Skipping patch.
    Applying it anyway. [n]
    Skipping patch.

Any ideas ??????????

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1948221

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Well I am stumped , I have tried all advice and entered in terminal all four lines of code succesfully without error and then tried to install patch thru QI and keep getting the same error below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    someone has gotta know how to fix this please !!!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    There's away to do it through QI using the delete file function but I can't remember the files, I'll see if I can find it for you...
    thats does not work lol already tried those files dont want to be deleted or something lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Try This:

In WebOS Quick Install, go Tools->Delete File.
    Delete: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs

Then do that tool again and this time delete: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html

Reboot, Install Patch, Luna Restart

Browser Multi-Mod should then work
    Hmmmmmm, Do you know how to use NovaTerm?
    no im not going there(novaterm) its already been tried with terminal and it did not work that way either
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Sorry, If I figure it out I'll let you know...
    thanks alot man!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    The sources.json seems to already be patched as per the error.

freenode Web IRC (qwebirc) join #webos-internals channel so we can assist you in real-time.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    do you mean this error..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    let me know what happens there 27scoob
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I think I am in the right room... channel.... not sure how I was suppose to login ... i think I am in the inner lair of nerdom ...
    Quote Originally Posted by 27scoob View Post
    I think I am in the right room... channel.... not sure how I was suppose to login ... i think I am in the inner lair of nerdom ...
    ha ha ha ha lol funny let me know what happens or what the problem is please lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Error:

Applying it anyway. [n]
    Skipping patch.
    Applying it anyway. [n]
    Skipping patch.

I tried to delete the files mentioned above still did not work
    i was told to post these issues here
    i have rebooted opened close dev mode rebooted again
    i have the new version of preware and package manager
    i had removed all patches before downloading the above through the emergency patch recovery

any input/solution would be greatly appreciated
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast