webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > Patch Project: Adding Snooze Time To Alarm
Patch Project: Adding Snooze Time To Alarm

Old 10/04/2009, 04:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

so I believe I have the whole snooze Code set up. The very last part which entails setting Alarm.kAlarmSnoozeDuration to my variable (snooze time) does not seem to work. I will attach my code/files if someone could please take a look and give me any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it thanks.

Here is a preview of the snooze set up.
Attached Images
File Type: png PalmPre_Alarm_Snooze.png (134.4 KB, 159 views) Email Attachment
elpollodiablo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by chrissurra, morningisbad
Old 10/04/2009, 10:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

So here is the code I have written up so far. I just added the required code to the following files:
/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/app/controller/alarm-assistant.js
/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/app/view/alarm/alarm-scene.html
/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/app/module/alarm.js

I added all the lines that contail snoozetime (alarm.js), snoozetimes (alarm-assistant.js), snoozelength (alarm-assistant.js & alarm-scene.html), saveSnooze (alarm.js & alarm-assistant.js) and a few other snoozes. snoozeOff is not mine that is part of thier programing.

as I said earlier the part I am having problems with is getting my variable this.snoozetime to be assigned to Alarm.kAlarmSnoozeDuration and have the snooze work with the appropriate time intervals. When you manually set Alarm.kAlarmSnoozeDuration to a value (ex "00:05:00") it works expected.

If some onecould please take a look and see if I have it all correctly or an missing something or can determine why it is not working that would be greatly appreciated by me and all the other people who want this feature.

Thanks

P.S. Dont forget to change the extensions for the appropriate files. to upload them I had to give them a .txt extension.
Attached Files
File Type: txt alarm.txt (55.6 KB, 18 views) Email Attachment
File Type: txt alarm-assistant.txt (10.7 KB, 10 views) Email Attachment
File Type: txt alarm-scene.txt (2.4 KB, 7 views) Email Attachment
Old 10/07/2009, 11:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

I guess this is not much of an ask for help coding site. figured it was my best bet. I will continue to work on this and will give updates as they develope.
Old 10/07/2009, 06:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

I like your idea for a patch for the snooze time. I am not however qualified (okay, knowledgable) to offer any assistance. Hopefully someone with the necessary skill will be able to help you bring this to us all soon. Good luck and I will keep an eye out for your needed patchwork.
Blazinfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2009, 10:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

I like the idea too!!! Keep it up.

If one would like test this we could just take the files you have attached and plug them in? Obliviously changing the extension to js or what ever it needs to be.
Old 10/08/2009, 07:37 AM   #6 (permalink)

yes you can just take the files make them a .js extension and upload them to the emulator into the appropriate folders as stated above. you can start messing with it on there. I personally would not put it on your pre just becasue it is not a finished or tested patch yet.
Old 10/11/2009, 12:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

Not to hijack your thread, but has anyone discussed making the Snooze button BIGGER or somehow put it farther away from the Dismiss button? I'm so tired of trying to hit the Snooze button in my sleepy-stooper and accidentally hit the Dismiss button and then oversleep...

Just a thought...

Last edited by cdaniel76; 10/11/2009 at 08:02 PM.
cdaniel76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2009, 07:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah I have already talked to some people about this. I plan on working on this since I am at a barrier with the actual Snooze Timer patch.
Thanked By: cdaniel76
Old 10/11/2009, 08:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpollodiablo1 View Post
Yeah I have already talked to some people about this. I plan on working on this since I am at a barrier with the actual Snooze Timer patch.

Cool, Thanks... Please keep us updated... If this does come to fruition, I'd be willing to make a donation for it.
Old 10/11/2009, 09:01 PM   #10 (permalink)

so I already came up with a patch to put a space between the Snooze and Dismiss buttons. I am going to write up a post about it now so you can do it manually if you want, while I am working on setting up the patch file.
Old 10/11/2009, 09:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

I like your snooze time app idea. Will it also work with calendar alerts?
limoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2009, 09:37 PM   #12 (permalink)

no it does not work with the calandat alerts, because they are two different function/Applications. it is kind of dumb how it is done. There is another patch out there that changes the snooze time for the Calendar app, and the patch for the snooze dismiss space can be slightly manipulated to work for the calendar alert.

Last edited by elpollodiablo1; 10/12/2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 10/21/2009, 09:25 AM   #13 (permalink)

IS thre something I can download to the phone to get snooze intervals?
Rooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/21/2009, 10:32 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
IS thre something I can download to the phone to get snooze intervals?
Yes. Using Preware there is a patch called Snooze Duration Selection. Works well and provides a variety of snooze times.
Old 10/22/2009, 09:24 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by limoman View Post
Yes. Using Preware there is a patch called Snooze Duration Selection. Works well and provides a variety of snooze times.
I tried that patch today via preware, downloaded, restarted luna, and it doesn't allow me to change snooze time in the alarm or the calendar. Tried downloading it again and restarted luna again and still nothing, any ideas?
Old 10/22/2009, 07:05 PM   #16 (permalink)

So I tried downloading it via quick install and this is what am getting

Old 10/29/2009, 10:01 AM   #17 (permalink)

So I just found out that 2 days ago one of the developers at Palm decided to take this idea and implament it on his own. I will test it and try and make a patch for it. It actually seems like the code that is posted there is already in patch format. It is most likely that this will be in the next offical Palm Update.

Check it out if you want to try it on your own.
Palm Dev Clock Snooze Duration
Old 10/30/2009, 05:11 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by limoman View Post
Any way to include duration options less than 30 mins? (i.e. 5 mins, 10 mins, 15 mins) Default is now 30 & users may want a shorter snooze period.

THANKS!!
dcar96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/2009, 09:11 AM   #19 (permalink)

I can not remove the Snooze Duration Patch after WebOS 1.3.1.. .. can anyone help me please?
hirenpathak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/2009, 02:19 PM   #20 (permalink)

I'm having trouble reinstalling the snooze patch after upgrading to 1.3.1. I removed all patches and themes prior to updating the OS. All other patches reinstalled without issue, but the snooze duration patch keeps causing an error. I've tried QuickInstall and Preware but no luck. Is this patch not compatible with 1.3.1?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0